2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Our Sponsors

Interesting effect the weather apparently has. High 50's in Akron this evening. Felt pretty good and felt like decent speed, but I assume it took forever to warm up. Early speeds were ~10 mph below normal, but ended up being around usual speeds. Before driver speeds were close to what I saw the second session. Something to keep in mind for the cooler climates if you have to do it outside.

• Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

Where are you heading?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

We bought a place fairly close to you, at King's Point which is on the west side of Sun City Center and just off 75.

Looking forward to playing with you guys in your March outing provided you don't mind a high handicapper . p.s. I do like to play fast.

Now comes the challenging part of managing my wife's expectations on changes to the place, buying furniture and moving some of our excess stuff down here.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

We bought a place fairly close to you, at King's Point which is on the west side of Sun City Center and just off 75.

Looking forward to playing with you guys in your March outing provided you don't mind a high handicapper . p.s. I do like to play fast.

Now comes the challenging part of managing my wife's expectations on changes to the place, buying furniture and moving some of our excess stuff down here.

That’s less than an hour from me. We will have to get together before March - we’ve got several
MGS guys in the Tampa Bay area.

Safe travels down.

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

So I did my maintenance work out today. A coworker challenged me to add 22 push ups to any work out that I do in October for Veteran suicide awareness month. I do a regular workout twice a week that includes a number of push ups so no problem, right.

These swings must engage the same muscle group because I struggled to do 22 at the end of my session. Did them though. :)

• Like 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

That’s less than an hour from me. We will have to get together before March - we’ve got several

Safe travels down.

Cool! We're headed back to Ohio Saturday and probably won't be down officially til right after Thanksgiving (due date for our first grandchild). Will keep you posted.

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

A theoretical question especially for those in 2 categories: slower swing speed and higher ss numbers with the yellow or green sticks.

Since the SS is higher for those lighter sticks, wouldn't it make a difference in going to lighter shafts and drivers? Yes I know the common answer is go get fit - which I have been, but just curious.

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

@MaxEntropy, quick question...I've scanned back through several pages and have read your review, so if I am asking something you already answered somewhere then my apologies, but I tried!  Regarding the Advanced Sprint Protocol, what was it about your swing, your training, progress, or whatever that led @SuperSpeed Golfto recommend that particular protocol?

• Like 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

@MaxEntropy, quick question...I've scanned back through several pages and have read your review, so if I am asking something you already answered somewhere then my apologies, but I tried!  Regarding the Advanced Sprint Protocol, what was it about your swing, your training, progress, or whatever that led @SuperSpeed Golfto recommend that particular protocol?

There are "tests" you can do to see if the advanced protocols would be of any help. If you are on the overspeed training protocol page, there are three advanced speed development protocols. If you click on any of them, there is a description of an easy test to see if they might be of assistance. I honestly don't even remember any more why they recommended I do the tests - perhaps I had asked a question about sequencing/mechanics of my swing? I may have to see if I can find it again.

https://superspeedgolf.com/pages/overspeed-training-protocols

Level one is for using the ground better, but I passed that test (basically hit five balls standing in the exact same spot and see if you have torn up the turf at all). Level two is for rotational sequencing and the test is to hit ball with a half swing while measuring swing speed. If it is within 7% of full swing, you are good. I was around 10%. The last one is about generating lag - the test is to pause a video as close as you can get to the top, and draw/measure the angle between wrists and shaft. Advance to just as downswing is starting (next frame unless you are Hideki) and repeat - if you have proper lag, the angle should get a bit smaller in the second frame. My angle was the same. They recommended level 3 first, I assume because I was pretty close to on point with the half swing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

There are "tests" you can do to see if the advanced protocols would be of any help. If you are on the overspeed training protocol page, there are three advanced speed development protocols. If you click on any of them, there is a description of an easy test to see if they might be of assistance. I honestly don't even remember any more why they recommended I do the tests - perhaps I had asked a question about sequencing/mechanics of my swing? I may have to see if I can find it again.

https://superspeedgolf.com/pages/overspeed-training-protocols

Level one is for using the ground better, but I passed that test (basically hit five balls standing in the exact same spot and see if you have torn up the turf at all). Level two is for rotational sequencing and the test is to hit ball with a half swing while measuring swing speed. If it is within 7% of full swing, you are good. I was around 10%. The last one is about generating lag - the test is to pause a video as close as you can get to the top, and draw/measure the angle between wrists and shaft. Advance to just as downswing is starting (next frame unless you are Hideki) and repeat - if you have proper lag, the angle should get a bit smaller in the second frame. My angle was the same. They recommended level 3 first, I assume because I was pretty close to on point with the half swing.

Perfect, thanks.  I've seen the tests on the website but have stayed on the "straight and narrow" of the standard protocols.  Now that I'm almost halfway through Level 3 though I may look at adding one of these in (the right one) if only for the sake of breaking up the monotony.  I'll do the tests but I'd be surprised if it isn't Level 3...when I'm going bad I tend to throw the clubhead at the ball like that.

Thanks again.

• Like 3

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

13 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Perfect, thanks.  I've seen the tests on the website but have stayed on the "straight and narrow" of the standard protocols.  Now that I'm almost halfway through Level 3 though I may look at adding one of these in (the right one) if only for the sake of breaking up the monotony.  I'll do the tests but I'd be surprised if it isn't Level 3...when I'm going bad I tend to throw the clubhead at the ball like that.

Thanks again.

I started mixing in the other protocol when I started Level 3 and I agree it does break up the monotony a bit. The ASD3 is also nice, since it's a sprint protocol, I get done with it really quick. The dynamic warmup takes far longer than the swings themselves.

• Like 2

My final(ish) review is live.

Granted I'm not officially done with Level 2, but my broken toe is still healing and I'm not comfortable resuming just yet.  Thanks again to MGS for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful opportunity.  I will stay involved in the thread and continue updating as I resume training!

• Like 6

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

On 10/1/2020 at 4:14 PM, revkev said:

So I did my maintenance work out today. A coworker challenged me to add 22 push ups to any work out that I do in October for Veteran suicide awareness month. I do a regular workout twice a week that includes a number of push ups so no problem, right.

These swings must engage the same muscle group because I struggled to do 22 at the end of my session. Did them though. 🙂

Congrats! That's an impressive effort for a great cause!

Edited by TaketheCannoli
  • Like 1

It looks like a good day to play golf!

On 10/1/2020 at 8:55 AM, revkev said:

Safe travels down.

We also head to Florida for the winter. We're a little south of Ft. Myers in Bonita Springs. If you'd be willing to let an old hacker join, I'd love to play if possible.

• Like 2

It looks like a good day to play golf!

Just got my own set of Super Speed clubs and have started the protocols. I have enjoyed all the reviews on here and it's what encouraged me to go for it. I have a question though for @SuperSpeed Golf or anyone else if they have the PRGR monitor for there speed measurements. I have a had a swing with the sticks where the monitor picks up a "ball" speed when the obviously isn't one. Is this likely it picked up something moving ahead of me or a missread on the club and both speeds are from the club head. Just want to know what speed I should put in for a club when that happens. 

• Like 1

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

11 hours ago, TaketheCannoli said:

We also head to Florida for the winter. We're a little south of Ft. Myers in Bonita Springs. If you'd be willing to let an old hacker join, I'd love to play if possible.

I'll be in Bonita in March. Can I interest you in a round at San Carlos?

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I decided to start over from Week 1.  I had too many distractions and other things going on to get a steady workout in.  I am on day two of week 1 right now.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Just got my own set of Super Speed clubs and have started the protocols. I have enjoyed all the reviews on here and it's what encouraged me to go for it. I have a question though for @SuperSpeed Golf or anyone else if they have the PRGR monitor for there speed measurements. I have a had a swing with the sticks where the monitor picks up a "ball" speed when the obviously isn't one. Is this likely it picked up something moving ahead of me or a missread on the club and both speeds are from the club head. Just want to know what speed I should put in for a club when that happens. 

I have never been able to figure out the root cause of the false ball readings, but it seems like it might be related to how close to the ground the club passes in relation to how I have the radar angled. I have noticed, on many occasions, what shows up as the ball speed for me is pretty close to what the club speed should be.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I have never been able to figure out the root cause of the false ball readings, but it seems like it might be related to how close to the ground the club passes in relation to how I have the radar angled. I have noticed, on many occasions, what shows up as the ball speed for me is pretty close to what the club speed should be.

I mean that's what I want to believe as they are always higher and will show some nice progress if I can count those as club speeds. This seems to happen on my highest swing speed. Thanks for the feedback I had a feeling it might have to do with the radar angle and it catching my swing on the way down then passing a bit too low (the radar might be sitting up a bit) then picking it back up on the upswing right about where I would hit a ball. Of course this could all be wishful thinking.

• Like 2

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

Right Handed

14 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I mean that's what I want to believe as they are always higher and will show some nice progress if I can count those as club speeds.

FWIW, when I was in the "official" portion of the review, I never used any number when it showed a ball speed, but now that I am past it, I will use it if it is within 1-2 mph of the swing just before or just after.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaxEntropy said:

FWIW, when I was in the "official" portion of the review, I never used any number when it showed a ball speed, but now that I am past it, I will use it if it is within 1-2 mph of the swing just before or just after.

Makes sense some of them have seemed way off but others have been close.

• Like 1

Right Handed