GolfSpy STUDque

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

This is directed to the last SuperSpeed Official Tester group: 
1. Did you notice a speed difference between the launch monitors you were using before hand and the ones that came with the system. I noticed about a 4 mph difference between what's been recorded on trackman as well as SC200 and the PRGR LM. I intend on using the PRGR data but just curious. Maybe I was just too bundled up  - it's 44* cloudy and windy here. . 
2. On the protocol sheet for the first level are you capturing the highest mph regardless of the swing orientation and protocol (step change/normal)? Or are you recording for each? The protocol sheet only has one line for each stick - but wondering if it makes sense to capture on a separate worksheet highest speed for swing orientation along with normal and step change. 

I’m trying to capture each orientation’s highest and for each type of swing (normal, step-change, etc.). I’m using a separate sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

1. Did you notice a speed difference between the launch monitors you were using before hand and the ones that came with the system. I noticed about a 4 mph difference between what's been recorded on trackman as well as SC200 and the PRGR LM. I intend on using the PRGR data but just curious. Maybe I was just too bundled up  - it's 44* cloudy and windy here. . 

2. On the protocol sheet for the first level are you capturing the highest mph regardless of the swing orientation and protocol (step change/normal)? Or are you recording for each? The protocol sheet only has one line for each stick - but wondering if it makes sense to capture on a separate worksheet highest speed for swing orientation along with normal and step change. 

I can't answer the first one, as I don't have a launch monitor. I think @revkev would have the answer to that. As for the second question, we recorded just our fastest swing of the session from each side whether it was regular, step change, or last three with each of our sticks. So our light stick might be last three, middle stick regular, heavy step change.

• Like 2

Just now, ChasingScratch said:

I’m trying to capture each orientation’s highest and for each type of swing (normal, step-change, etc.). I’m using a separate sheet.

I decided to do the same thing. I'll be doing it excel  - that way over time I can graph the data. 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Feeling pretty good with the first workout of week 12.

I matched my personal best with the green stick (126) and had quite a few in the 120’s. All the others Left and Right were on the high side of recent trends... and I did this with my own driver TWICE!

IMG_9633.jpg
  • Like 7

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

I just finished my first protocol...in 39 degree weather.

FirstSession.jpg.d0d779f51c474a41a4321733c7468889.jpg

Actual average of 5 swings with my driver after dynamic warm-up was 95.6 mph versus 110.6 mph after completing the protocol. Ignore the ball speed and carry distance (middle and bottom numbers). There wasn't a ball there.

I will be posting my intro and initial thoughts Wednesday evening or Thursday morning - I'm done writing but need better pictures and videos than what I have. Weather has sucked since last Thursday.

• Like 6

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Actual average of 5 swings with my driver after dynamic warm-up was 95.6 mph versus 110.6 mph after completing the protocol. Ignore the ball speed and carry distance (middle and bottom numbers). There wasn't a ball there.

That's an awesome jump!  I'll bet it's an awesome feeling to be up 15mph!  I find that when you are going that fast, it is almost as if you are just along for the ride.  No time for thoughts other than rip it!  Good job!

• Like 1

WITB:

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

That's an awesome jump!  I'll bet it's an awesome feeling to be up 15mph!  I find that when you are going that fast, it is almost as if you are just along for the ride.  No time for thoughts other than rip it!  Good job!

Thanks. It was strange. The before swings felt like they took more effort then the after and they were certainly more repeatable after. The before swings ranged from 93 - 102, whereas after were all either 110 or 111.

• Like 3

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

1...Yes - the radar SuperSpeed supplied us with was about 3 mph faster than my voice caddie or trackman swing speed. Regardless you need to use the same device throughout.

2. I recorded all my swings on a separate sheet and then put the fastest ones down on theirs at the end of the week. I actually came across my records the other day.

Finally I found that I was faster when it was warm out than in cooler days - yes we have sone of those in Florida in December and January.

• Like 5

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

15 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I just finished my first protocol...in 39 degree weather.

FirstSession.jpg.d0d779f51c474a41a4321733c7468889.jpg

I will be posting my intro and initial thoughts Wednesday evening or Thursday morning - I'm done writing but need better pictures and videos than what I have. Weather has sucked since last Thursday.

I had similar results! After warming up, I was swing about 98-100 mph when I was really giving it a go. Then I completed the level 1 regiment exactly how they asked us, giving every swing everything I had. When I was done, my give it 100% driver swing was 111. Even my "lets just make good contact and get a good one out there" swing that felt like a 70% swing was up to 102. I was completely shocked. I thought, that cant be right, so I jumped on here to see if anybody else was having similar results and I was happy to see that you had!

The most interesting and cool thing about it was my initial 100% driver swing (100 mph) felt exactly the same as my 100% driver swing at the end (111 mph). I know youre probably thinking "well duh" haha, but when you see that big of a jump in that little of time, its shocking!

• Like 6

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 11:56 AM, Rtracymog said:

My question for you guys is are you trying to maintain balance when going after it as hard as possible or are you just ripping at it? I’ve seen a few people’s videos and they would be lucky to hit a fairway or two the way they are going after the super speed sticks. Are you at all worried about sacrificing accuracy for the sake of speed?

Good question. No, I am not exactly striving to maintain balance while swing the super speed sticks, I am just making sure I swing them as hard as I possibly can. Reason being is you are trying to train your body to move as fast as it can. I think you are exactly right to say in some of the videos, swinging like that we absolutely are not going to hit many fairways, but over time, when are bodies get used to the faster speeds, we will have gained speed in our swing and that will the new normal without trying to swing out of our shoes. So to answer your last question, no, im not concerned about losing accuracy for the sake of speed because as time goes throughout this program, im still going to go out on the course and sing my  normal everyday balanced swing, its just going to get a little faster as time goes...

• Like 6

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

I’m going to post an end of week one compilation video. Right now, I will say this, non-dominant swings are awkward! I felt like a baby learning how to walk!

• Like 7

WITB:

I’m going to post an end of week one compilation video. Right now, I will say this, non-dominant swings are awkward! I felt like a baby learning how to walk!

They are super strange at first. While they still feel a little awkward at times, my speeds are close to equal on both sides now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

They are super strange at first. While they still feel a little awkward at times, my speeds are close to equal on both sides now.

That is encouraging lol. I need to adjust my grip on the no dominant side. My thumb is it having it.

• Like 1

WITB:

It's the non-dominant step swing that's killing me. I feel like I've had too much (alcohol) to drink and am falling over. Normal swings on the non- dominant side aren't too bad and about a 4-5 mph differential.

FYI if I haven't mentioned this already my wife is doing this also - she's as excited getting into it as I am.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 7

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

It's the non-dominant step swing that's killing me. I feel like I've had too much (alcohol) to drink and am falling over. Normal swings on the non- dominant side aren't too bad and about a 4-5 mph differential.

FYI if I haven't mentioned this already my wife is doing this also - she's as excited getting into it as I am.

That’s great! She’ll be hitting bombs and driving greens before too long! Yes, drunken stumbling is a good analogy for the non-dominant step-changes!

• Like 3

WITB:

Sometimes they become step through swings haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

#cuetheduckboats

Enjoying the updates so far, everyone. Hearing y'all talk about the joys of the non dominant step swings is great! Those will completely be awkward for a while and your rhythm on that side will be all over the place. Keep up the good work and can't wait to hear more. 

• Like 3

Hit 117 driver speed after my protocol today 🤯🤯🤯

• Like 6
  • Love 3

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST Ping 9* LST VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

Can all the testers put their starting driver swing speed in their signature so it is easier to track progress?  No big deal if not but I find myself jumping around to try and figure out the gains.

• Like 8

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

4 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Can all the testers put their starting driver swing speed in their signature so it is easier to track progress?  No big deal if not but I find myself jumping around to try and figure out the gains.

Done!

• Like 5

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST Ping 9* LST VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH