2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

9 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

You inspired me to do the speed sticks tonight, and now time to ice my neck! emoji1353.pngemoji1353.pngemoji1353.pngemoji856.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Get it! 

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Radspeed 9* :Fuji: MOTORE X F1 6-X

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:odyssey-small: 2 Ball Ten Triple Track S 34’

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:Arccos: Caddie Smart Sensors :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System Follow along as our nine (9) dedicated testers embark on the journey to gain more speed. The group has been broken into 3 sets of 3 testers (

Posted Images

This may have been brought up... I got a set of Architek, 3 weights. Program follows a “donut over bat” protocol that starts heavy to light stick. Any insight on the difference or results?

also, super speed has people going all out? Did this negatively affect anyone’s transition? 

thanks!

• Like 1
On 4/7/2021 at 10:07 PM, PAndaemonium89 said:

super speed has people going all out? Did this negatively affect anyone’s transition?

I think the training actually improved my transition, partially due to feedback from @SuperSpeed Golf. They encouraged me to increase the speed of my backswing to improve top-end speed. It seemed to help my transition and my overall timing. The transition has always been a potential source of trouble for me.

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

50 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I think the training actually improved my transition, partially due to feedback from @SuperSpeed Golf. They encouraged me to increase the speed of my backswing to improve top-end speed. It seemed to help my transition and my overall timing. The transition has always been a potential source of trouble for me.

Same thing for me, at least with the driver that faster back and through transition works. For the irons not so much but for the driver it works well for me.

• Like 2

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

:cobra-small: Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° (at 54°)/ 56° (at 58°) KBS Tour V 110 Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small:  Cleveland SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag

Right Handed

so I tried to search the thread for an answer to my question but couldn't really find one. perhaps I missed it but there are a lot of pages here!

Now that you've all gone through the testing would you replace the non-dominant swings with additional dominant side? do you think that the non-dom helped much in increasing your swing speed?

apologies if I missed this somewhere in the thread; you guys did an awesome job on reporting on your progress.

• Like 2

G410 LST | SpeedZone Big Tour | TM Sim Max 5 | Titleist 818 H2 | Z785 | ZipCore | Exotics DG-1.3

20 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

so I tried to search the thread for an answer to my question but couldn't really find one. perhaps I missed it but there are a lot of pages here!

Now that you've all gone through the testing would you replace the non-dominant swings with additional dominant side? do you think that the non-dom helped much in increasing your swing speed?

apologies if I missed this somewhere in the thread; you guys did an awesome job on reporting on your progress.

I will keep doing the non dominant swings. Not only do I like seeing the progress, but I feel it helps with my overall flexibility and rhythm. I do tend to do fewer kneeling swings and fewer step changes and keep to regular swings. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

26 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

I will keep doing the non dominant swings. Not only do I like seeing the progress, but I feel it helps with my overall flexibility and rhythm. I do tend to do fewer kneeling swings and fewer step changes and keep to regular swings. 

Yes I have been cutting them back since the move to level 3 to just two on the non-dominant to keep some flexibility and still keep the speed up but don't want those swings to be the ones that use my energy.

• Like 2

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

:cobra-small: Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° (at 54°)/ 56° (at 58°) KBS Tour V 110 Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small:  Cleveland SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag

Right Handed

8 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Personally, I would not. I don't know that the non-dom swings necessarily help my speed, but I would think that have to help in keeping my body "balanced" from a strength, flexibility, and mobility perspective, especially since I don't do much other types of exercise at the moment. I know others have talked about dropping the non-dom swings, but I won't be.

• Like 3

I will keep doing non-dominant swings as well. I realize that there is conflicting data but my PT firmly believes in non dominant training and she’s a Titleist trained PT.

What I would and have done is reduce the number of overall swings. SuperSpeed offers a nearly one size fits all program.

I’m a fit 64 year old. There’s no way I should be doing the same things as a fit 24 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

I had intended to start back up a few weeks ago, but it didn't happen. Finally got going again tonight. I was pleasantly surprised that I haven't lost too much. Driver after protocols topped out at 113 mph. Recall I started at 102 and peaked at 120 last year. My plan is to start at level 1 until I'm in closer to "swinging" shape then jump back into level 3 with the advanced speed protocol to get more lag.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sick of non data base umpiring

But I digress - PT and some over speed stuff was 120 with green, 114 blue, 109 red and 140 - read it 140 C

i mean I’m still stunned from that number 

I don’t do the C lefty but I hit 117, 112, 103 lefty this evening. Oh and 93 dry with 7 iron, 110 with driver.  And hit drives for real in the 240 plus range Sunday.  

Going for a trackman driver fitting a week from tomorrow - can’t wait for that number 

• Like 3

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

10 hours ago, revkev said:

I’m sick of non data base umpiring

But I digress - PT and some over speed stuff was 120 with green, 114 blue, 109 red and 140 - read it 140 C

i mean I’m still stunned from that number 

I don’t do the C lefty but I hit 117, 112, 103 lefty this evening. Oh and 93 dry with 7 iron, 110 with driver.  And hit drives for real in the 240 plus range Sunday.  

Going for a trackman driver fitting a week from tomorrow - can’t wait for that number 

Didn't you just get a 410 LST 😉

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 5/5/2021 at 9:14 AM, tony@CIC said:

Didn't you just get a 410 LST 😉

I did - still not entirely sure that it's the answer - it's really dry here right now so we are getting way, way more run out than usual - I'm not happy with how I launch the LST, a bit low IMO but with the dry it's running out forever.  I was 20 yards past a guy whom I'm normally neck and neck with all afternoon.  A possible answer is to game both the LST and the Max using the Max when maximum launch, carry is requited and the LST on other occasions - I'm at a point where I'm giving up on 3 wood (baring a miracle).  Why not game two drivers?  It's in the mix for certain.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5