2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

11 minutes ago, HardCoal99 said:

Wanted to say thank you to the testers and this forum for the great dialogue on SuperSpeed Training.  It convinced me to buy the product and have been pretty faithfully working the program since the first week in March (2021).  I wanted to share some of my results.

Started with a max driver speed of 102 mph measured by PRGR.  I'm now into the middle of level 2 training and have peaked my driver swing at 120 mph, although a more common peak for me at the moment is 117-119 mph in any given session.  As many others have said, please don't buy this without a speed measurement device.  You'll regret it.

One thing that's keeping my motivation up is documenting my sessions in a spreadsheet.  For each session, I track each peak speed for each move, both dominant and non-dominant sides.  I color code my record speeds including any time I simply tie a record.  As I scroll down the spreadsheet I can see my records lumped at the bottom of the page where the recent sessions are which tells me I haven't stopped getting faster.  Keeping those records motivates me to beat them in the next session which I suppose is the point of the program - getting your body to move just little faster each time.  I also peek at the tester's data in the shared Google doc.  It allows me to see my speeds compared to others to better understand how much faster I need to get with each weighted club.  I can remember early in my training swinging the green club at 120mph and not being able to fathom swinging it 130 mph like some of the testers.  I was going all out and felt like there was nothing left in my tank.  Now I'm peaking at 131 mph with the green club and am starting to believe I will get to 135 mph or more.

My swing on the course hasn't suffered at all.  I haven't experienced the block pushes others have reported.  The biggest change for me as been adjusting my irons to additional distance.  I've hit my irons at a consistent distance for a very long time and pulling one less club and getting it to the target isn't mentally comfortable yet.

My last 3 rounds are even par, -1, even par (on easy courses).  It's the first time I ever shot even and under par.  I intend to keep using the product and follow the program to see how much further I can go. FYI - I'm 42 years old.       

Glad you are enjoying the program and it has been successful for you. Also very glad that our testing and reviews have helped you in your purchase and time with this. Certainly does help us know we have done a good job and that the MGS Testing system works!

Keep up the progress and congrats on shooting under par! 

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

The thread that never dies.  I’m in maintenance mode with the summer heat. My stick swing speeds would indicate an average really driver SS somewhere between 95-100.  

I was right there on the range and course last week - 96 on the couple I measured on course, 97 on the range. 

To put it in perspective I was at 84.7 when I went for my G400 fitting in anticipation of that MGS test 3 years ago.   And I am hardly in my prime where gaining 10-12 mphs SS is easy - I’ve gone from 61 to 64 in those years. 

Lots of hard work - PT and weight loss besides Suoerspeed. That’s a dry driver swing post workout. 

8C0E1011-7BA2-461B-8206-B9FB15C74708.jpeg

• Like 2

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

I recently purchased the SuperSpeed C stick, and really excited to add some more hand and release speed. Anyone have any experience with this one? 

• Like 2

:cobra-small: Radspeed 9* Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 70 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" Gravity Grip (Testing in Progress

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

3 hours ago, cjeffs12 said:

I recently purchased the SuperSpeed C stick, and really excited to add some more hand and release speed. Anyone have any experience with this one? 

I’ve been using it and have picked up some more speed - a third jump if you will. Pretty exciting actually. 

Good luck 

• Like 2

EVNRoll ER 5

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

23 minutes ago, revkev said:

I’ve been using it and have picked up some more speed - a third jump if you will. Pretty exciting actually. 

Good luck 

Oh I like what I’m hearing. I’m in that plateau they say is natural and I’m hoping this will help free me up, or at least break up the training a little. 

• Like 1

Just now, cjeffs12 said:

Oh I like what I’m hearing. I’m in that plateau they say is natural and I’m hoping this will help free me up, or at least break up the training a little. 

I was a part of the first testing group - the test lasted a long time - we did our review in the third protocol group - over 20 weeks in. I had a real nice jump to start and then was stuck throughout stage 2 - all of us were.

My second jump came in the last week of stage 2, just the week before my review. Totally changed what I was going to write. Some of the guys didn’t have their second jump until a few weeks into stage 3. 

I never had another jump though to be fair I’ve been up and down with doing the protocols. I can swing that new club faster - I don’t know if it’s that or something else that’s caused this jump - but I’ve picked up an additional 3 mphs after a flat year and a half. 

So hang in there - 

• Like 2

EVNRoll ER 5

4 minutes ago, revkev said:

I was a part of the first testing group - the test lasted a long time - we did our review in the third protocol group - over 20 weeks in. I had a real nice jump to start and then was stuck throughout stage 2 - all of us were.

My second jump came in the last week of stage 2, just the week before my review. Totally changed what I was going to write. Some of the guys didn’t have their second jump until a few weeks into stage 3. 

I never had another jump though to be fair I’ve been up and down with doing the protocols. I can swing that new club faster - I don’t know if it’s that or something else that’s caused this jump - but I’ve picked up an additional 3 mphs after a flat year and a half. 

So hang in there - 

Wow that’s very reassuring, I’ve been where I’m at for about a year, I’m happy with my speed. It’s hard not to get greedy tho lol

• Like 1

Few things I noted, my head is moving a lot and honestly as I'm writing this my neck is a little sore. Time to do some video to see whats going on exactly... either way that is not something I want to continue. Outside of that swing felt good and maybe a little on the long side. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

• 2 weeks later...

139D3A34-BE62-4962-A5CD-75B2D33295AE.jpeg.432c7419d71533010be1f23fc2627389.jpegOne of my fastest dry driver swings ever. I actually reached out to SuperSpeed and had a great exchange. Their customer service is very good. We developed a battle plan to do once a week maintenance protocol until October and then resume regular thrice a week stuff as it cools off. 

• Like 1

EVNRoll ER 5

• 2 weeks later...

Had a lesson a few weeks ago and my speed has gone down from comfortably at 112 to struggling to hit 110. Has anyone else had this issue while going through the superspeed protocols? I am currently 2 weeks away from completing level 3 and I am not sure if I should press on ward when I am done with level 3 or wait until I get my speed back up. 

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 LST 9°, Tensei 1K White (X  Flex)

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 3 Wood 15°, Ventus Black 7S

3 Utility Iron (Alternate Club): :cobra-small: King Utility Iron 18.5°, Project X HZRDUS (S Flex)

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Tensei Blue 70S

4i-AW: :srixon-small: ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400 (1.5° Upright, Std Length)

56°:  :vokey-small: SM8, Finish: The Best Finish (Slate Blue) Grind: S, Bounce: 10°, Shaft: Dynamic Gold S400 (1.5° Upright, Std Length)

60°: :vokey-small: SM8, Finish: The Best Finish (Slate Blue) Grind: M, Bounce: 8°, Shaft: Dynamic Gold S400 (1.5° Upright, Std Length)

Putter: :ping-small: Scottsdale TR Sanita B 

Shot Tracking: :Arccos: Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

*Depending on the course and conditions I choose between my hybrid and utility iron the day of.

Official Member Review: Nippon Zelos 7 (Here)

Follow My Super Speed Training Progress Below 103mph-112mph and Gaining

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KpCSY2sLk97yCmUyoW-aVzLLs_k4CuPR5708OrVw5gA/edit?usp=sharing

52 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

Had a lesson a few weeks ago and my speed has gone down from comfortably at 112 to struggling to hit 110. Has anyone else had this issue while going through the superspeed protocols? I am currently 2 weeks away from completing level 3 and I am not sure if I should press on ward when I am done with level 3 or wait until I get my speed back up. 

Can't say I have. I took a pretty long break for well lots of reasons. Weather, life and work being the main causes and reupped a few weeks ago and was still at 112. Although I did find I was making some odd moves which I wanted to video. I haven't had a real chance to get back at it and go again. Again work and life have gotten in the way with some good weather storms as well. 
Maybe a small break could help? Does anything feel different or is it just slower? Also same driver as before?

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Can't say I have. I took a pretty long break for well lots of reasons. Weather, life and work being the main causes and reupped a few weeks ago and was still at 112. Although I did find I was making some odd moves which I wanted to video. I haven't had a real chance to get back at it and go again. Again work and life have gotten in the way with some good weather storms as well. 
Maybe a small break could help? Does anything feel different or is it just slower? Also same driver as before?

Same driver as before the lesson and I feel like I am swinging just as hard but it's not showing up as fast on trackman which is what I have been using to measure my club head speed. My numbers from the swing speed training itself have been consistent  still and I hit a new personal best with the green stick at 142mph. Maybe once I finish level 3 I will take a break and monitor my speed and see how that goes.

• Like 1

3 Utility Iron (Alternate Club): :cobra-small: King Utility Iron 18.5°, Project X HZRDUS (S Flex)

4i-AW: :srixon-small: ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400 (1.5° Upright, Std Length)

56°:  :vokey-small: SM8, Finish: The Best Finish (Slate Blue) Grind: S, Bounce: 10°, Shaft: Dynamic Gold S400 (1.5° Upright, Std Length)

60°: :vokey-small: SM8, Finish: The Best Finish (Slate Blue) Grind: M, Bounce: 8°, Shaft: Dynamic Gold S400 (1.5° Upright, Std Length)

*Depending on the course and conditions I choose between my hybrid and utility iron the day of.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KpCSY2sLk97yCmUyoW-aVzLLs_k4CuPR5708OrVw5gA/edit?usp=sharing

On 7/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, ZMendle10 said:

Same driver as before the lesson and I feel like I am swinging just as hard but it's not showing up as fast on trackman which is what I have been using to measure my club head speed. My numbers from the swing speed training itself have been consistent  still and I hit a new personal best with the green stick at 142mph. Maybe once I finish level 3 I will take a break and monitor my speed and see how that goes.

My experience last year was the after each jump, I would hit a period where speed was difficult to come by, with my driver speed actually trending a little down, then recovering. It was a little depressing when that would happen, but I had to stick with it since I was on official tester. I'm glad I stuck with it.

• Like 5

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

My experience last year was the after each jump, I would hit a period where speed was difficult to come by, with my driver speed actually trending a little down, then recovering. It was a little depressing when that would happen, but I had to stick with it since I was on official tester. I'm glad I stuck with it.

That could be where I am at. I also checked the superspeed website and am at the point where I can start identifying and improving where I am losing power. Then I can start incorporating those training protocols into my routine. I am willing to bet it is most likely through not using the ground or not maintaining lag.

I did start swinging looser this week and have been seeing some of my previous glimpses of speed. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

That could be where I am at. I also checked the superspeed website and am at the point where I can start identifying and improving where I am losing power. Then I can start incorporating those training protocols into my routine. I am willing to bet it is most likely through not using the ground or not maintaining lag.

I did start swinging looser this week and have been seeing some of my previous glimpses of speed. 

I did all those tests during the 3rd protocol, too. Lag was the biggest failure for me, so I did that once a week instead of the usual protocol. It was kind of nice to do something different once a week.

11 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I did all those tests during the 3rd protocol, too. Lag was the biggest failure for me, so I did that once a week instead of the usual protocol. It was kind of nice to do something different once a week.

how did you know when to switch to the next protocol?

20 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

I never made it to the 4th protocol. I have nowhere to swing indoors, so I had to stop through winter, but as I recall, you still count weeks, even if you're only doing it twice with one of the advanced protocols mixed in. This spring I started back at level 1 and was going to do that a month to get back into swinging shape, but I tweaked my knee a couple months ago. I was told by SuperSpeed that since I nearly made it through the 3rd level, I was safe to start back up there when I was ready. I hope that all makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 3:47 PM, ZMendle10 said:

They have a prescribed program on their website. If you wish you may always email them about when to change and they will respond, quickly with advice.

Fastest driver swing yet - I’m always faster late in the day. Did my workout at 730 this evening.

38C827B1-49C3-49DA-AE27-79F298EAB1F1.jpeg.ee7a116ee1e504c444fba5b7ff09a767.jpeg

• Like 4

EVNRoll ER 5