2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

I'm continuing to work through the Level 2 protocols.  I'm also trying to slowly wear the wife down into approving a purchase of the Stack System.  The Level 4 and 5 SuperSpeed protocols just seem to be really high volume to me.

**EDIT**:

To make my point, here's the Level 5 visual:

image.png.f22bdce2da0f369d25d5dd46fca0a858.png

Including the non-dominant work, that's 123 swings!!!

• Like 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I'm continuing to work through the Level 2 protocols.  I'm also trying to slowly wear the wife down into approving a purchase of the Stack System.  The Level 4 and 5 SuperSpeed protocols just seem to be really high volume to me.

**EDIT**:

Just do 3 per side or eliminate Happy Gilmore. Double-Step is enough footwork along with heel stomp

• Like 1

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/4H and sometimes 5H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 6-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

19 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

**EDIT**:

I know how you feel. I am on level 4 and I have noticed that I really have to push myself after the protocol to swing even a little bit faster with my driver. 100 swings all out is a lot and then to have to swing faster with your driver to cement your gains for the workout is tough I'm finding. Not to mention how much time it takes to go through the protocols.

• Like 1

Driver: :mizuno-small: Mizuno STZ 9.5°, Tensei 1K White (TX  Flex)

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Ventus Black 7S

3 Hybrid:  :mizuno-small:CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400 (1.5° Upright, Std Length)

56°:  :vokey-small:SM8, Finish: The Best Finish (Slate Blue) Grind: S, Bounce: 10°, Shaft: Dynamic Gold S400 (1.5° Upright, Std Length)

60°: :vokey-small:SM8, Finish: The Best Finish (Slate Blue) Grind: M, Bounce: 8°, Shaft: Dynamic Gold S400 (1.5° Upright, Std Length)

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER5 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Official Member Review: Nippon Zelos 7 (Here)

Follow My Super Speed Training Progress Below 103mph-112mph and Gaining

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KpCSY2sLk97yCmUyoW-aVzLLs_k4CuPR5708OrVw5gA/edit?usp=sharing

I just had an interesting exchange on Twitter with the guys at SuperSpeed.  Mike Carroll (Fit for Golf) tweeted asking for feedback from SuperSpeed users who have done the Level 4 and 5 protocols and what kind of gains they have made.  I replied in turn that I was not looking forward to those protocols because they seem so high volume.  SuperSpeed Golf in turn replied to me:

"Hi Hayes, we are actually in the process of revising our protocols.  We learned a lot from our users and hope to share the updates soon (the later level will have less swings!)"

Interesting; looking forward to seeing those revisions.

• Like 5

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

On 10/12/2021 at 8:04 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

I just had an interesting exchange on Twitter with the guys at SuperSpeed.  Mike Carroll (Fit for Golf) tweeted asking for feedback from SuperSpeed users who have done the Level 4 and 5 protocols and what kind of gains they have made.  I replied in turn that I was not looking forward to those protocols because they seem so high volume.  SuperSpeed Golf in turn replied to me:

"Hi Hayes, we are actually in the process of revising our protocols.  We learned a lot from our users and hope to share the updates soon (the later level will have less swings!)"

This is great news - I also think they should consider a revision based on age. My body doesn’t handle the volume of swings that are called for well at all. Especially with the red stick.

I’m about to come off of maintenance and resume protocols 

• Like 2

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

On 10/12/2021 at 8:04 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

I can't speak for anyone else but I personally found three swings with each stick pretty sufficient. I always felt after that I had plenty of gas in the tank to swing faster afterwards and I saw that I was swinging faster which gives me the confidence to swing faster on the course.

• Like 1

Driver: :mizuno-small: Mizuno STZ 9.5°, Tensei 1K White (TX  Flex)

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Ventus Black 7S

3 Hybrid:  :mizuno-small:CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400 (1.5° Upright, Std Length)

56°:  :vokey-small:SM8, Finish: The Best Finish (Slate Blue) Grind: S, Bounce: 10°, Shaft: Dynamic Gold S400 (1.5° Upright, Std Length)

60°: :vokey-small:SM8, Finish: The Best Finish (Slate Blue) Grind: M, Bounce: 8°, Shaft: Dynamic Gold S400 (1.5° Upright, Std Length)

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER5 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Official Member Review: Nippon Zelos 7 (Here)

Follow My Super Speed Training Progress Below 103mph-112mph and Gaining

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KpCSY2sLk97yCmUyoW-aVzLLs_k4CuPR5708OrVw5gA/edit?usp=sharing

• 3 weeks later...

Okay team, I'm about to get back into this. Got the sticks 2 years ago for Xmas, used them 3 times a week for a month, then the child arrived. Between child, lack of dedicated space and life I never got back to them. 

But now, after a move this summer I have a dedicated golfing space, I have some time and I need some speed! 

Question, have any of you used the advanced protocols? I see they now exist on the website. 

• Like 3

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

15 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Question, have any of you used the advanced protocols? I see they now exist on the website. 

I believe SuperSpeed recommends getting into the advanced protocols once you reach level 3. At the start of that level, I did the various tests and (with the help of SuperSpeed) started incorporating the "lag" protocol one day per week. Unfortunately, that was right near the end of being able to do it religiously (I'm space constrained and have to go outside). I started back up this year, but never really got back into full swing of things. With that said, I didn't really lose any of the gains from last year - maybe a couple mph.

• Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

I believe SuperSpeed recommends getting into the advanced protocols once you reach level 3. At the start of that level, I did the various tests and (with the help of SuperSpeed) started incorporating the "lag" protocol one day per week. Unfortunately, that was right near the end of being able to do it religiously (I'm space constrained and have to go outside). I started back up this year, but never really got back into full swing of things. With that said, I didn't really lose any of the gains from last year - maybe a couple mph.

So, level 1 & 2 per normal, then move to the advanced level 1?

• Like 1

WITB:

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

20 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

The advanced are there if after level 2 you complete the test for them, each advanced protocol has a test that tells you if you need that protocol. Then you can add them in to Level 3 by removing one of the normal level 3 days is what I have seen. So personally I did levels 1 and 2 and after completing the tests there were no advanced protocols needed so then I just went to level 3 as normal.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: 5 - PW JPX 919 HM Pro :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S VW Golf Grips Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

57 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

@ejgaudette nailed it, at least as it was explained to me by the SuperSpeed folks last year. Two of the tests are related to how well you use and the ground and your lag. I can't recall the third (balanced rotation maybe?), but I passed all but the lag, so I Incorporated that one once a week and to replace one of the 3rd level workouts per week.

• Like 1

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

So really the advanced protocols are more like you failed and need remedial help things. Advanced does sound better than Remedial. 😅

• Like 3

WITB:

2 hours ago, Thin2win said:

So really the advanced protocols are more like you failed and need remedial help things. Advanced does sound better than Remedial. 😅

Exactly, is golfers have fragile egos about the game. Just try to convince us we don’t hit it as far as we think

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: 5 - PW JPX 919 HM Pro :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S VW Golf Grips Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Michael Napoleon from SS addresses the protocols in his AMA video. He also talks about new protocols including a maintenance type. 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Updates:

First, I have not kept up with the Speed Training since this official test.  Lots of things going on, cross country move, new job, etc. (excuses excuses I know).

Regardless, I can confirm that you get to keep the speed you earned.  I started up the protocol again today and my speed has remained (even up on a few swing types).

I hit on TrackMan and got my second and third 180+mph ball speeds!  One of my goals when I started was 120mph clubhead speed and 180mph ball speed.  I was hitting mid 170mph ball speed off the slight toe and heel.

Also, the PRGR unit is very accurate on ball speed (not so much on carry distance).

speed 1.jpg

speed 2.jpg

• Like 3

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

Twitter: @GolfSpy_CS

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :taylormade-small: 2019 TP5X

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_CS said:

Updates:

First, I have not kept up with the Speed Training since this official test.  Lots of things going on, cross country move, new job, etc. (excuses excuses I know).

Regardless, I can confirm that you get to keep the speed you earned.  I started up the protocol again today and my speed has remained (even up on a few swing types).

I hit on TrackMan and got my second and third 180+mph ball speeds!  One of my goals when I started was 120mph clubhead speed and 180mph ball speed.  I was hitting mid 170mph ball speed off the slight toe and heel.

Also, the PRGR unit is very accurate on ball speed (not so much on carry distance).

ball speed club speed.jpgball speed club speed2.jpg

That's great and I agree I have just been getting back into protocols and have kept all the speed I got last winter. Also great numbers there for sure. I love the PRGR as well and do find the ball speeds and swing speeds are pretty solid.

• Like 1

With a couple of weeks sitting around in our Ohio home before we head back to Fl, I finally decided to change out the grips on the sticks. Not sure why I haven't done it before since I've been complaining about the quality and size of the grips since I started testing. 

Stopped by DSG and couldn't believe they were almost out of grips. Only 3 grips left in the store - 2 Tour Velvet mid size and 1 standard. I normally use midsize MCC+4's so I built up the grips with several layers of tape (an extra one for the standard size - yellow stick). I could have probably used an extra layer of tape on the standard size but the grips were difficult to put on with that many layers.  The sticks have a completely different feel.  

IMG_8522.jpg.cefca630fe597a20b95cd5dc039e0d81.jpg  

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

With a couple of weeks sitting around in our Ohio home before we head back to Fl, I finally decided to change out the grips on the sticks. Not sure why I haven't done it before since I've been complaining about the quality and size of the grips since I started testing. 

Stopped by DSG and couldn't believe they were almost out of grips. Only 3 grips left in the store - 2 Tour Velvet mid size and 1 standard. I normally use midsize MCC+4's so I built up the grips with several layers of tape (an extra one for the standard size - yellow stick). I could have probably used an extra layer of tape on the standard size but the grips were difficult to put on with that many layers.  The sticks have a completely different feel.  

Now you can rip it with confidence! 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

Twitter: @GolfSpy_CS

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :taylormade-small: 2019 TP5X

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_CS said:

Now you can rip it with confidence! 

Yup and not get blisters on my fingers. 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

On 11/11/2021 at 5:55 PM, tony@CIC said:

Has it made a difference in either your speeds or the way your finger joints feel post workout? 

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.