Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

On 5/5/2023 at 6:07 PM, MaxEntropy said:

When I went through this, there were times of frustration and losing speed - hitting a wall of sorts. That seemed to happen for me a week or so before a jump. It was a bit disheartening when it happened.

I figured I wasn't the only one but it is still nice to know I'm in good company.

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

7 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

I figured I wasn't the only one but it is still nice to know I'm in good company.

Agreed. It was not clear to me if this was a relatively normal thing, but I wish someone would have told me. Just like the SuperSpeed folks did tell us there would be periodic problems with ball-striking. That was really good to know when there were days I could barely find the club face, much less the center of it.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

4 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Agreed. It was not clear to me if this was a relatively normal thing, but I wish someone would have told me. Just like the SuperSpeed folks did tell us there would be periodic problems with ball-striking. That was really good to know when there were days I could barely find the club face, much less the center of it.

yeah I'm getting over the ball striking hump now with my irons. 6i is cruising at 98mph and i am starting to get it under control. Just gotta ride out the storm till my next jump with the driver.

Forum Reviews: 

This is a question for all those that have done this system. I play a lot competitively and I'm pretty happy with where my game is right now. I signed up for the current testing but I'm second guessing myself because of all the road bumps people had throughout this test. Losing dispersion at times and it eventually coming back and struggling to hit the ball out of the middle of the face on irons is scary to me. Seems like it would be a better fit for the off-season and not something to tackle right in the middle of the competitive season. @GolfSpy_APH, @MaxEntropy, @DriverBreaker, @ZMendle10, and any others that can chime in, would you agree this may not be the best idea if I'm ramping tournament season up or am I overthinking it? I definitely don't want to put the work in and show up to a tournament not able to hit the ball the way I'm used to. 

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

1 hour ago, Josh Ross said:

This is a question for all those that have done this system. I play a lot competitively and I'm pretty happy with where my game is right now. I signed up for the current testing but I'm second guessing myself because of all the road bumps people had throughout this test. Losing dispersion at times and it eventually coming back and struggling to hit the ball out of the middle of the face on irons is scary to me. Seems like it would be a better fit for the off-season and not something to tackle right in the middle of the competitive season. @GolfSpy_APH, @MaxEntropy, @DriverBreaker, @ZMendle10, and any others that can chime in, would you agree this may not be the best idea if I'm ramping tournament season up or am I overthinking it? I definitely don't want to put the work in and show up to a tournament not able to hit the ball the way I'm used to. 

This is pure speculation on my part - lower handicap players likely are better ball strikers, so when the bumps in the road come, people like you are probably a little better equipped to deal with it than someone like me (I was around a 13 when I started IIRC). Will there still be issues? I'm sure there will, but maybe not as bad as they were for someone with less skill?

With that said, depending on how seriously you take tournament season, I would be tempted to start in the later in the season and do the bulk of the work during winter and try to time it so you can be at a maintenance phase when golf gets serious. I would be curious to see what the other guys say.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

9 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

This is pure speculation on my part - lower handicap players likely are better ball strikers, so when the bumps in the road come, people like you are probably a little better equipped to deal with it than someone like me (I was around a 13 when I started IIRC). Will there still be issues? I'm sure there will, but maybe not as bad as they were for someone with less skill?

With that said, depending on how seriously you take tournament season, I would be tempted to start in the later in the season and do the bulk of the work during winter and try to time it so you can be at a maintenance phase when golf gets serious. I would be curious to see what the other guys say.

I sure appreciate the feedback. Given that the program would start in the next month I wouldn't be able to delay until late fall when the season is winding down. Maybe the others will chime in before too long, thanks again for responding! 

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

18 hours ago, Josh Ross said:

@MaxEntropy brings up a good point about you being a better player and being able to adjust quickly. There will for sure be some bumps in the road along the way but as a better ball striker its easier to get through it and those periods don't last as long. I consider myself a very good ball striker and those rough patches were never more than like a week or so.

What I would recommend is that since speed training is never two days in a row on the off days of speed training work on a fairway finder controlled swing with the driver. You might be a bit slower at first but as you gain speed with your stock swing the fairway finder swing will gain speed as well. I also wouldn't worry about dispersion with any clubs too much other than the driver since those for me at least didn't see any crazy shot pattern changes they just got quicker naturally with the training. For perspective the most recent ball striking slump I had with my irons lasted about a week (3 practice sessions). 

If your attitude during those times where you can't find the middle of the face is along the lines of "This is just a temporary issue and I'll just keep hitting balls till I get through it I'll be all good. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by ZMendle10

Forum Reviews: 

1 hour ago, ZMendle10 said:

@MaxEntropy brings up a good point about you being a better player and being able to adjust quickly. There will for sure be some bumps in the road along the way but as a better ball striker its easier to get through it and those periods don't last as long. I consider myself a very good ball striker and those rough patches were never more than like a week or so.

What I would recommend is that since speed training is never two days in a row on the off days of speed training work on a fairway finder controlled swing with the driver. You might be a bit slower at first but as you gain speed with your stock swing the fairway finder swing will gain speed as well. I also wouldn't worry about dispersion with any clubs too much other than the driver since those for me at least didn't see any crazy shot pattern changes they just got quicker naturally with the training. For perspective the most recent ball striking slump I had with my irons lasted about a week (3 practice sessions). 

If your attitude during those times where you can't find the middle of the face is along the lines of "This is just a temporary issue and I'll just keep hitting balls till I get through it I'll be all good. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks, it helps tremendously. I don't necessarily always have a few sessions to work out the kinks between outings so I'm definitely holding off until the late fall when my season of competitive play is over. Really appreciate the feedback!

6 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

Thanks, it helps tremendously. I don't necessarily always have a few sessions to work out the kinks between outings so I'm definitely holding off until the late fall when my season of competitive play is over. Really appreciate the feedback!

Always happy to help. Good luck during the tournaments and keep us all posted!

Forum Reviews: 

On 5/9/2023 at 12:48 PM, Josh Ross said:

This is a common question I deal with each semester with my players.  When do you make a big change.  Periodization.  I don’t think it is wise to make a potentially big change in your programming during the competitive season.  Your purpose during the season is to do the best with what you’ve got, maintenance of skills, and focus on the routine and process.  Once the season is over, make a plan for whatever you need to work on, and go for it. 

Just my 2 cents.  Change has a time/place.  The last thing you want in competition is a lack of confidence on the tee.  Golf is hard enough. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1