TESTERS WANTED! ×

**LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK**. NEXShot PRO | Par-1 Chipping Game - Launching on Kickstarter.

Hi, my name is Rich.  I'm the creator and founder of NEXShot Golf.  I'm about to launch my first product, NEXShot Pro on Kickstarter and wanted to get some feedback about the product before the launch.  It's a Game-Improvement Chipping Game that I've spent the last 2 years developing and tweaking to get just right.  Unlike other golf games on the market, the NEXShot Pro will tell you how your ball will land instead of just where it lands.  It's designed to reject bad shots, promote good shots, and help improve shot displacement, distance control, and trajectory.  The objective of the game is to land your ball on the 2 types of turf, or in the cup.  If you miss the board, you get a bogey.  You can play flop shots, bump and runs, and even practice adding spin to your shots.  We're partnered with Swing Coach Club to utilize their Sci-Core practice ball which is the heaviest practice ball on the market.   You can also play outdoors with real balls as well.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.  I welcome any comments/criticisms/feedback.  

KS_HEADER_MAIN.jpg

NEXSHOT_SHOT.gif

SCI-CORE-BALLS.jpg

CARRYING-CASE2.jpg

Scoring-Web2.jpg

Indoor balls, I've hit from 20 ft away.  My average distance I play at is 15 feet.  With real balls, the average player can hit from 12-15 feet.  I've landed one from 20+ but I had a lot of backspin on the shot.

1 hour ago, tchat07 said:

What is max distance you can play at?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Indoor balls, I've hit from 20 ft away.  My average distance I play at is 15 feet.  With real balls, the average player can hit from 12-15 feet.  I've landed one from 20+ but I had a lot of backspin on the shot.

Looks like a fun practice set-up for chipping. Too bad you didn't have this available for purchase three months ago, I'll bet you would have had a bunch of orders. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Watched your videos and still not sold on the fact that is better than a chipping net or even a towel or basket. Similar to the Chippo set. At $140 ($95 if I sign up early) it isn’t something I would go for an indoor aid. If I am outdoors I want more versatility by having multiple targets to get more random practice instead of a single distance.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Do you use the same amount of force when practicing with a real ball vs indoor ball? Won't that throw off your regular chipping tempo?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Watched your videos and still not sold on the fact that is better than a chipping net or even a towel or basket. Similar to the Chippo set. At $140 ($95 if I sign up early) it isn’t something I would go for an indoor aid. If I am outdoors I want more versatility by having multiple targets to get more random practice instead of a single distance.

In the same boat as @cnosil.  The "Sci-core" balls are interesting; I've not heard of them before.  I guess one question I have is that, you state the landing pad can be used with regular balls - that being the case, why not just use them? My thinking here is that the Sci-core balls are somewhere between hollow plastic/wiffle balls and real balls, and unlike hollow plastic, can still cause damage indoors? My hats off to you for the entrepreneurial effort and wish you success.  Perhaps we'll see you on Shark Tank 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

32 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

In the same boat as @cnosil.  The "Sci-core" balls are interesting; I've not heard of them before.  I guess one question I have is that, you state the landing pad can be used with regular balls - that being the case, why not just use them? My thinking here is that the Sci-core balls are somewhere between hollow plastic/wiffle balls and real balls, and unlike hollow plastic, can still cause damage indoors? My hats off to you for the entrepreneurial effort and wish you success.  Perhaps we'll see you on Shark Tank 🙂.

The balls were the most interesting part for me as well.   I think they are like the almost golf balls; just slightly cheaper.  I have a few of the almost golf balls and they don't break anything;  I have hit windows and lamps with them 🙂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Looks like a fun practice set-up for chipping. Too bad you didn't have this available for purchase three months ago, I'll bet you would have had a bunch of orders. 

haha, yeah.  Tell me about it...better late than never.

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

Sci Core balls are made by another company and you can buy them on Amazon. 12 for 25$

I can piece together a chipping net and small hitting mat for cheaper than the discounted price. 

At full price this product makes zero sense 

You can definitely do that.  I won't argue with you there.  And yes, Sci Core balls are available on Amazon.  I currently have a partnership with Swing Coach Club to be my ball supplier because they are the best practice ball on the market.     The shortcoming that I've identified about chipping nets is that you can skull a ball into the small target of a chipping net and convince yourself that you accurately hit the target.  NEXShot Pro is a gamified chipping aid that provides feed back and lets you know how you hit your ball on top of how accurately you aimed.  As someone who struggles with his short game, one of my biggest issues was overshooting the hole.  I could never get my distance control and trajectory down.  Chipping nets don't provide that type of feedback.  Thank you for your feedback though, this is why I'm here.  Appreciate your time.

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

I might need to upload better videos.  What I'm trying to prove is that chipping nets, towels and baskets are just targets.  They don't give you feedback on how your ball is landing.  To me, that's the most important part.  If your trajectory is off, you'll overshoot or undershoot the hole by a large margin.  The NEXShot Pro is aimed at helping to gain confidence with your distance control and trajectory.  Chippo currently retails at $189.  To me, it's a glorified chipping net.  In terms of versatility.  There is no set distance to hit from with NEXShot Pro.  I struggle more with a short 3 foot downhill chip rather than a 10 ft lag chip.  All I'm doing is supply the mat, balls, and board.  The rest is up to you.  I appreciate your feedback and will definitely post better videos.

Here's a link to you Youtube video I made back a few months ago explicitly comparing the NEXShot Pro to a chipping net.

Edited by NEXShotGolf

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Thanks @fixurdivot.  Even if you don't support our campaign, I still encourage you to try out the Sc-Core balls.  They're a dense foam and I use them everyday indoors for practice.  I've hit everything from walls, windows, furniture.  Could you knock over a vase? Yes, but remember we're chipping here.  If you're afraid of breaking something, there's something inherently off with your swing speed for chipping. 😛. Thank you for the comment and support.

Just as an example, I can buy this bundle from Rukket, a trusted supplier of hitting nets, for $59.99

It includes hitting turf (both rough and fairway), a target with multiple aim points, and a dozen foam practice balls. 

https://www.amazon.com/Rukket-Chipping-Accessories-Backyard-Adjustable/dp/B078JMMLV9/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=golf+chipping+practice&qid=1588275628&sr=8-13

Or if I wanted to buy the balls you say are the best, those are $25

I can buy the Rukket chipping net for $30

A callaway hitting mat (which I have and is very sturdy and good quality) for $38

All 3 of those things can be had for $93, which is still below your promotional price, and extremely cheaper than your standard retail price.

Maybe I am being naive, but I don't understand how hitting a foam ball onto rough length turf angled back at me is supposed to give me "accurate feedback" as to how my ball would be landing on a green.  And what if I want to use this outside - how does your little ramp contraption do when you hit real balls at it?  The chipping nets mentioned above can be used with real and foam balls and provide the exact same level of feedback.  

Not trying to crush your dreams here, but you are coming of like an infomercial salesman and not providing any real facts.

I respect your ingenuity and perseverance in trying to bring a product to market, but I am not sure a market exists for this product -- especially at this price point.

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Just as an example, I can buy this bundle from Rukket, a trusted supplier of hitting nets, for $59.99

It includes hitting turf (both rough and fairway), a target with multiple aim points, and a dozen foam practice balls. 

https://www.amazon.com/Rukket-Chipping-Accessories-Backyard-Adjustable/dp/B078JMMLV9/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=golf+chipping+practice&qid=1588275628&sr=8-13

Or if I wanted to buy the balls you say are the best, those are $25

I can buy the Rukket chipping net for $30

A callaway hitting mat (which I have and is very sturdy and good quality) for $38

All 3 of those things can be had for $93, which is still below your promotional price, and extremely cheaper than your standard retail price.

Here's a video I made comparing the NEXShot Pro to a chipping net.   If you're still not convinced, I have more work to do.  I honestly appreciate your feedback and this is exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm not here to promote a product and make a quick buck.  Do I need to make a profit?  Yes. But I designed and developed this product myself and literally for myself.  I live in Chicago, I'm married, and have 2 kids and foam balls and a chipping net don't provide the type of feedback that the NEXShot Pro does.  Believe me.  I've tested everything out there for the last 2 years and I'm still looking to improve.  I'm trying to create an experience that as close to the real thing for guys like me who love the sport, but don't get the opportunity to get out as often as we can.  I think there's room for improvement when it comes to chipping aids.  I thing chipping nets are flawed.  They give you half the information you need for when you get back on the course.  Regardless if you support my product, I hope I can convince you that there needs to be a better way to practice chipping.  Thank you again for taking the time to comment.

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

2 minutes ago, NEXShotGolf said:

Here's a video I made comparing the NEXShot Pro to a chipping net.   If you're still not convinced, I have more work to do.  I honestly appreciate your feedback and this is exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm not here to promote a product and make a quick buck.  Do I need to make a profit?  Yes. But I designed and developed this product myself and literally for myself.  I live in Chicago, I'm married, and have 2 kids and foam balls and a chipping net don't provide the type of feedback that the NEXShot Pro does.  Believe me.  I've tested everything out there for the last 2 years and I'm still looking to improve.  I'm trying to create an experience that as close to the real thing for guys like me who love the sport, but don't get the opportunity to get out as often as we can.  I think there's room for improvement when it comes to chipping aids.  I thing chipping nets are flawed.  They give you half the information you need for when you get back on the course.  Regardless if you support my product, I hope I can convince you that there needs to be a better way to practice chipping.  Thank you again for taking the time to comment.

If you are developing a target to promote hitting your landing point more accurately, isn't the entire concept of the hole pointless?  I do like the idea of a flat target to help practice landing point, but the hole doesn't provide any extra value here.  On a golf course, I am not trying to one-hop my chips into a hole, so it's inclusion in this type of training aid just seems superfluous

10 minutes ago, jlukes said:

If you are developing a target to promote hitting your landing point more accurately, isn't the entire concept of the hole pointless?  I do like the idea of a flat target to help practice landing point, but the hole doesn't provide any extra value here.  On a golf course, I am not trying to one-hop my chips into a hole, so it's inclusion in this type of training aid just seems superfluous

That is something that has caused confusion with past reviewers.  The basis for the cup is more so to tell that that your trajectory and aim was correct.  If you can consistently one bounce into the cup, you have less of a chance of overshooting your chip shots on the green.  The cup is more of a "first bounce" indicator rather than an actual cup on the green.  I don't expect anyone to practice 1-bounce dunking their chip shots.  Imagine playing a bump and run, the cup should be the landing point of the first bounce.  Again, if that's confusing, then I have work to do and will do a better job of explaining the objective.  Let me know if this graphic helps.  I tried avoiding overly complicated images.  Thanks again.

CARRY-ROLL2B.jpg

Edited by NEXShotGolf

8 minutes ago, jlukes said:

My guess is the hole provides verification that you hit the right spot. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

It looks like you spent a great deal of time developing this and it appears to be a good product. I just don't see the value in it at that price point. Maybe it is me or my game. Good Luck. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

6 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Do you use the same amount of force when practicing with a real ball vs indoor ball? Won't that throw off your regular chipping tempo?

I was concerned with that as well, but I've taken alternating shots using the same swing speed and the balls land the same.  I can post a video here if you're interested.

In looking for an option that would give me a sense of what would happen on a course, I don’t see this being that device. I haven’t seen a golf course in my lifetime with the degree of slope yours has, nor the “length of grass” either. If I were to hit a chip that close to the hole, that ball is GONE.

I’ve been spending a lot of time during Covid chipping and pitching to towels, and into a bin/box. The idea is that I get used to hitting a target from various distances, and then when I play, I can judge similar distances and hit the ball with the appropriate force. Yes, yours can do the same, but a towel is already in my house. Plus, I can use real balls with the towel.

Ok, yours can be used indoors, but so can a towel and those same foam balls....

I SINCERELY wish you the best of luck, but I just don’t see the need to spend that much money to do what I’m already doing for, basically, free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

16 hours ago, PMookie said:

In looking for an option that would give me a sense of what would happen on a course, I don’t see this being that device. I haven’t seen a golf course in my lifetime with the degree of slope yours has, nor the “length of grass” either. If I were to hit a chip that close to the hole, that ball is GONE.

I’ve been spending a lot of time during Covid chipping and pitching to towels, and into a bin/box. The idea is that I get used to hitting a target from various distances, and then when I play, I can judge similar distances and hit the ball with the appropriate force. Yes, yours can do the same, but a towel is already in my house. Plus, I can use real balls with the towel.

Ok, yours can be used indoors, but so can a towel and those same foam balls....

I SINCERELY wish you the best of luck, but I just don’t see the need to spend that much money to do what I’m already doing for, basically, free.

Thanks for the feedback.  Let me know if any of these graphics help illustrate your concern.  At the end of the day, I don't want to just pass this off as a golf game that doesn't provide any value so your comments really help illustrate what I need to focus on when illustrating the benefits of NEXShot Pro. The cup on the board is not meant to be the hole on the green.  I understand that the concept is confusing and you're not the first to point it out.  The purpose of the cup if to provide an optimal "first bounce" target for your average bump and run chip.  The concept is that if your trajectory is too low, you'll run it further on the green than you intended.  (FIRST IMAGE) If your shot is aligned, but doesn't reach the cup, then your trajectory was too high or you hit too soft and you'll be short of your intended chip shot.  The incline and the long turf on the board exists to translate whatever trajectory and speed you hit it with and simulate what an optimal shot would look like (SECOND IMAGE). I hope this clears up any confusion.  In all honesty, we can all substitute objects we find at home to achieve what products on the market suggest they can help you improve.  I saw products like Chippo and Putterball and thought that there's a better way to play a game while improving your golf game from home.  Thanks for the feedback and comments.  It really does help point out any questions/issues about the product before I invest more into it and I value the honesty.

TARGET-ZONE.jpg

CARRY-ROLL2B.jpg

On 4/30/2020 at 9:01 AM, Kanoito said:

This factor was probably the most important for designing an indoor golf practice game.  I was concerned about this as well but I've taken alternating shots with the sci-core balls and real balls and I'll be honest, it was very close.  The balls are available on Amazon if you want to test them out.

Thanks for the feedback.  Let me know if any of these graphics help illustrate your concern.  At the end of the day, I don't want to just pass this off as a golf game that doesn't provide any value so your comments really help illustrate what I need to focus on when illustrating the benefits of NEXShot Pro. The cup on the board is not meant to be the hole on the green.  I understand that the concept is confusing and you're not the first to point it out.  The purpose of the cup if to provide an optimal "first bounce" target for your average bump and run chip.  The concept is that if your trajectory is too low, you'll run it further on the green than you intended.  (FIRST IMAGE) If your shot is aligned, but doesn't reach the cup, then your trajectory was too high or you hit too soft and you'll be short of your intended chip shot.  The incline and the long turf on the board exists to translate whatever trajectory and speed you hit it with and simulate what an optimal shot would look like (SECOND IMAGE). I hope this clears up any confusion.  In all honesty, we can all substitute objects we find at home to achieve what products on the market suggest they can help you improve.  I saw products like Chippo and Putterball and thought that there's a better way to play a game while improving your golf game from home.  Thanks for the feedback and comments.  It really does help point out any questions/issues about the product before I invest more into it and I value the honesty.

TARGET-ZONE.thumb.jpg.c0b2e8882ab4c45febf4826342693344.jpg
CARRY-ROLL2B.thumb.jpg.dcfc76ffbe9c6f8cbbecf81ea64916c7.jpg

I understand the concept. I just don’t see how spending $100 is better than just using a towel or a box. It’s the same. Chipping to a distance.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX