TESTERS WANTED! ×

Brandel Chamblee Causes Mute Disorder On My TV

LittleWalter

Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand listening to Brandel Chamblee ramble on about what PGA tour players are doing wrong.  This guy won the Greater Vancouver Open in 1998 for his lone tour victory.  Yet, he has an opinion on what so many tour players are doing.  If he were so great, why does he only have ONE tour victory?  I guess what really grinds my gears is that so much air time is given to a guy who, obviously, couldn't get it done as a player.  Maybe I'm the only one, but I either mute the TV or turn the channel when he's yapping.

Currently in my Sun Mountain Phantom

Driver:  Callaway Rogue

4W:  Callaway Rogue

7W:  Callaway Rogue

4-GW:  PXG 0211

SW/LW:  Taylor Made Milled Grind

Putter:  PXG Mustang Gen 1

20 minutes ago, LittleWalter said:

Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand listening to Brandel Chamblee ramble on about what PGA tour players are doing wrong.  This guy won the Greater Vancouver Open in 1998 for his lone tour victory.  Yet, he has an opinion on what so many tour players are doing.  If he were so great, why does he only have ONE tour victory?  I guess what really grinds my gears is that so much air time is given to a guy who, obviously, couldn't get it done as a player.  Maybe I'm the only one, but I either mute the TV or turn the channel when he's yapping.

I can't stand him and from what I have read and heard neither can the majority of Tour players. That being said I did hear him say on a podcast that the vast majority of things he says on air is just to fill the space. He talked about how with so much time to cover swings he has to look for stuff to say. He doesn't even believe what he says sometimes. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I don't mind him. He is a bit of a 'know it all' and over the top but then he's no different then a lot of other tv personalities.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

The OVERWHELMING majority of ESPN “characters” are the same for me! I don’t even turn on ESPN unless they have Live sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I don’t watch GC much but when he’s on there it’s a channel switch. If Duval is on with him I’ll wait for Duval to counterpoint him then change the channel 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Same here.  I cant stand Brandel.  The other day I was watching Golf Channel and they had Rory on there, narrating about when he won The Players.  They were asking him about dealing with fame and pressure and living up to expectations and Rory was talking about how studying Stoicism has helped him to deal with all that and to deal with the ups and downs of it all. The whole time Brandel was nodding his head like he knew what Rory was talking about and I was thinking to myself, "Dude, you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what Rory has dealt with."

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

16 hours ago, PMookie said:

The OVERWHELMING majority of ESPN “characters” are the same for me! I don’t even turn on ESPN unless they have Live sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ironically, I enjoy Shannon Sharpe's crazy antics regarding football.  Then again, he did win 2 Super Bowls as a player.  Plus, I got a glimpse at his off-season prep work...workhorse.  I remember him giving weight and body fat numbers (single digit) for his off-season conditioning and saying he had failed at getting ready if he didn't meet those targets.  He has a large mouth, but backed it up as a player.  Skip Bayless is in the Brandel category for me.....

Currently in my Sun Mountain Phantom

Driver:  Callaway Rogue

4W:  Callaway Rogue

7W:  Callaway Rogue

4-GW:  PXG 0211

SW/LW:  Taylor Made Milled Grind

Putter:  PXG Mustang Gen 1

22 minutes ago, LittleWalter said:

Ironically, I enjoy Shannon Sharpe's crazy antics regarding football.  Then again, he did win 2 Super Bowls as a player.  Plus, I got a glimpse at his off-season prep work...workhorse.  I remember him giving weight and body fat numbers (single digit) for his off-season conditioning and saying he had failed at getting ready if he didn't meet those targets.  He has a large mouth, but backed it up as a player.  Skip Bayless is in the Brandel category for me.....

Yep. Skip Bayless has the same job as Brandel..... to be controversial. I find no one more over bearing or with as big a mouth as Steven A. Smith.... that guy makes the channel change instantly...lol.

1 minute ago, silver & black said:

Yep. Skip Bayless has the same job as Brandel..... to be controversial. I find no one more over bearing or with as big a mouth as Steven A. Smith.... that guy makes the channel change instantly...lol.

Agreed, Stephen A. Smith is always yelling.    What he is saying, I don't know because of the yelling.   Recent nightmare,  Stephen A. Smith is on the TV, and I can't find the remote.....😳

I think my tolerance for Brandel has always been tempered by his co-hosts, who seemingly give him that "you're such an ass" look regularly. I don't even listen to what he's saying half the time and just watch everyone sitting next to him for a sneer. The best moments have always come when Brandel has gone so far that he's pissed off Nobilo and/or Duval. That said, stirring the pot can be more interesting than simply bring right all the time. At least it's entertaining...unlike any Fox golf broadcast.

I don't think GC should continue employing Chamblee personally. He's only good for a soundbite.

I think the biggest thing that points to how incompetent he is is when he took on the PGA Professionals that are coaching tour players, saying he could fix Spieth in two seconds, etc. The guy never even goes to the range. He doesn't walk the course during practice rounds to see what guys are doing. He doesn't talk to players or coaches during tournament weeks. All he does is trash players with no basis for soundbites. It's embarrassing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

A doer might not be a good talker, and a good talker might not be a great player.

It is a golf talk show afterall.  I can't imagine the golf greats like Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus........ sit in the broadcast booth for hours talking golf.  It'll be really boring for sure.  Not to mention Ben Hogan, he'd kill the whole show by saying one sentence " find it in the dirt" , or "practice more " !

A good host for any talk show is to be able to stretch the topic a little longer than necessary but, with content interesting enough to keep the attention of the audience.  The easiest and most common way to achieve this is to create somewhat a controversy.  As we had seen in other media report.  

Like one of my friends commented on today's News report,  Don't even Start on the subject., he says   The days of "And that's the way it is,"  is long gone.  Sensationalism is selling and copy cats abound !

Edited by release