Jump to content
kh416

Sub 70, mini driver, jones bag

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

I like half sets. What's your setup?


WITB: :titelist-small: TS2, 9,5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

Fairway::taylormade-small: M5 15°, Fujikura Ventus Red 7S

Irons: :srixon-small: Z U65, 3 iron (20°), Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White Hybrid 90S; :srixon-small: Z U65, 4 iron (23°); :srixon-small: Z565, 5-PW, Nippon Modus 105S,

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 50°/10° Nippon Modus 105S, 56°/11°, 62°/8°, Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 8.0, 35''

Ball: INESIS Tour 900

On the naughty bench:

:titelist-small: 818 H1 (20°) Tensei AV Blue 70S, 40,5''

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just discovering sub 70. How did you come upon them? Thoughts?


:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Calvo90 said:

I like half sets. What's your setup?

I haven’t gone full half set yet. This set up is 11 clubs. The lowest I’ve carried is 8. I could still play 8, but I love the confidence of having those long irons in the bag and an extra wedge (even though I may only hit them 2-3 times a round)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jkpigott said:

Just discovering sub 70. How did you come upon them? Thoughts?

I heard about them from this website I believe. I’ve had a couple bad experiences with local “fitters” in my area; trying to push me to buy the latest and most expensive club as well as the club that gives me the most distance on their monitors. Building to my liking and not have a salesman push for something else, is refreshing. Price point is refreshing. Performance of these irons are great and the customer service was top notch. Highly recommend you go with them if you’re in the market. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Calvo90 said:

I like half sets. What's your setup?

I forgot to post the pictures of my Cleveland two wedges and 4&5 iron. Sorry about that. But I am working my way to a half set made up of my mini driver, 4,6,8,PW, 58* & putter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liking the look of the sub 70’s. What are they as far as lofts ?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

                Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

Liking the look of the sub 70’s. What are they as far as lofts ?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

They are a bit stronger than traditional blades. If you go on their website they have the specs of each iron. They are fun/easy to hit. If you're in the market, check them out. I hear they have a great demo program; I just bought them without hitting them and don't regret it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kh416 said:

They are a bit stronger than traditional blades. If you go on their website they have the specs of each iron. They are fun/easy to hit. If you're in the market, check them out. I hear they have a great demo program; I just bought them without hitting them and don't regret it. 

Looking at pulling the trigger on the 699 irons. I did the demo with the 6 & 9 iron, gained close to 10 yards on each club with the stronger lofts. I had a standard set for shaft and loft so I missed right a few times given my swing but with the customization options that should get sorted out. 

Which set did you purchase?

  • Like 1

Use :Arccos: for all clubs. Love the feedback and caddie options the app provides.

Driver: :ping-small: G400 with stock 55gram stiff flex. Just ordered a EvenFlow 75 gram stiff flex. Pumped!

3Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 3 RBZ Rescue

Irons 5 thru A wedge: Sub70 699 irons. Project X Rifle shafts. XStiff

54° Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4

60° Wedge: :callaway-logo-1: MD4

Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: MyGolfSpy Most Wanted 2 years in a row!

Ball:  :srixon-small: ZStar. New believer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pkkenny88 said:

Looking at pulling the trigger on the 699 irons. I did the demo with the 6 & 9 iron, gained close to 10 yards on each club with the stronger lofts. I had a standard set for shaft and loft so I missed right a few times given my swing but with the customization options that should get sorted out. 

Which set did you purchase?

Just kidding. Just saw your initial post. You got the combo set...very nice.

 


Use :Arccos: for all clubs. Love the feedback and caddie options the app provides.

Driver: :ping-small: G400 with stock 55gram stiff flex. Just ordered a EvenFlow 75 gram stiff flex. Pumped!

3Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 3 RBZ Rescue

Irons 5 thru A wedge: Sub70 699 irons. Project X Rifle shafts. XStiff

54° Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4

60° Wedge: :callaway-logo-1: MD4

Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: MyGolfSpy Most Wanted 2 years in a row!

Ball:  :srixon-small: ZStar. New believer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pkkenny88 said:

Just kidding. Just saw your initial post. You got the combo set...very nice.

 

I first bought 699 mb plus 6-PW-wanted a somewhat half set, the course I play I usually don’t need long irons, and long irons are tough to hit. I have been playing more and playing better so I wanted to complete the set with long irons. I knew I needed more size/forgiveness with the long irons since they are trouble clubs for me so I called up Jason and was able to order the 699 4 iron and the 639 CB 5 iron. The 639 CB is a clean lookin club, might get 6-pw as a back up or 2nd set. Clubs are easy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The long irons can be difficult. I have a 4 iron but pulled it and just use my 5 iron with a 3 hybrid. Looking at the 5-AW of the 699 irons. When I need to update my hybrid I am sure I will get in touch with Jason. I do like the black finish on the 639 CB irons though. Very Nice!

  • Like 1

Use :Arccos: for all clubs. Love the feedback and caddie options the app provides.

Driver: :ping-small: G400 with stock 55gram stiff flex. Just ordered a EvenFlow 75 gram stiff flex. Pumped!

3Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 3 RBZ Rescue

Irons 5 thru A wedge: Sub70 699 irons. Project X Rifle shafts. XStiff

54° Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4

60° Wedge: :callaway-logo-1: MD4

Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: MyGolfSpy Most Wanted 2 years in a row!

Ball:  :srixon-small: ZStar. New believer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 3:19 PM, kh416 said:

I first bought 699 mb plus 6-PW-wanted a somewhat half set, the course I play I usually don’t need long irons, and long irons are tough to hit. I have been playing more and playing better so I wanted to complete the set with long irons. I knew I needed more size/forgiveness with the long irons since they are trouble clubs for me so I called up Jason and was able to order the 699 4 iron and the 639 CB 5 iron. The 639 CB is a clean lookin club, might get 6-pw as a back up or 2nd set. Clubs are easy

Pulled the trigger on the 699's. Have already played 4 rounds of them and absolutely love them! Got the Project x rifle shafts, amazing, MCC midsize grips, amazing, and then of course the 699 that look great at address and even better putting the ball on the green. Extremely happy with my purchase!!

  • Like 1

Use :Arccos: for all clubs. Love the feedback and caddie options the app provides.

Driver: :ping-small: G400 with stock 55gram stiff flex. Just ordered a EvenFlow 75 gram stiff flex. Pumped!

3Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 3 RBZ Rescue

Irons 5 thru A wedge: Sub70 699 irons. Project X Rifle shafts. XStiff

54° Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4

60° Wedge: :callaway-logo-1: MD4

Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: MyGolfSpy Most Wanted 2 years in a row!

Ball:  :srixon-small: ZStar. New believer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the tape, are you trying for higher launch with the stronger lofts, is it a feel issue or something else?


:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 12:56 AM, kh416 said:

They are a bit stronger than traditional blades. If you go on their website they have the specs of each iron. They are fun/easy to hit. If you're in the market, check them out. I hear they have a great demo program; I just bought them without hitting them and don't regret it. 

 

On 5/2/2020 at 2:58 AM, kh416 said:

I heard about them from this website I believe. I’ve had a couple bad experiences with local “fitters” in my area; trying to push me to buy the latest and most expensive club as well as the club that gives me the most distance on their monitors. Building to my liking and not have a salesman push for something else, is refreshing. Price point is refreshing. Performance of these irons are great and the customer service was top notch. Highly recommend you go with them if you’re in the market. 

Are these the only ones you have tried? I’m looking at these and the Ben Hogan’s. I like the direct to consumer model. Not willing to spend the money to play PXGs though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 2:37 PM, Kmoney11 said:

 

Are these the only ones you have tried? I’m looking at these and the Ben Hogan’s. I like the direct to consumer model. Not willing to spend the money to play PXGs though.

well I have three different models in my set. 

4 iron is the 699 model= cannon, forgiving, easy to hit

5 iron is the 639 CB= compact head, easy to hit, soft feel

6-PW 639 MB Plus= larger blade head, easy to hit.

and they sell most of these irons in both satin/chrome and black finishes. 

Ben Hogans are sweet as well (havent hit them but i assume they are nice from a variety of forums)

 it depends on what youre looking for....if I could do it over, i would get a set of 639 cb in 5-PW. they look that good. but I love the blades-classic look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 8:46 AM, Pkkenny88 said:

Pulled the trigger on the 699's. Have already played 4 rounds of them and absolutely love them! Got the Project x rifle shafts, amazing, MCC midsize grips, amazing, and then of course the 699 that look great at address and even better putting the ball on the green. Extremely happy with my purchase!!

Awesome, glad to hear. the 699 4 iron was not as thick as id imagine, which is good. It is a cannon for me, i could only imagine a whole set of them with project x shafts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 11:28 AM, jkpigott said:

Looking at the tape, are you trying for higher launch with the stronger lofts, is it a feel issue or something else?

i have my irons cut down a quarter inch and i was just seeing if there is any benefit to lead tape (2, 2-inch pieces)

so far I am hitting a lot more greens/hitting it solid more often

placebo effect? maybe

but ill take solid contact and more greens in reg ...anytime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 4:37 PM, Kmoney11 said:

 

Are these the only ones you have tried? I’m looking at these and the Ben Hogan’s. I like the direct to consumer model. Not willing to spend the money to play PXGs though.

I'm in the same boat.  I want to try the 639 CB/MB Combo and the Hogan Icon/PTx pro combo.  Unfortunately missed out on the testing opportunity but plan on doing the 2 week trial with both this year.  The Sub70 is modern and clean, also great customer service from what I've heard, and the Hogans are just beautiful. Interested to see how they both play!


:honma: Driver: TESTING HONMA TR20 440 8.5° W/ VIZARD FP-7X SHAFT

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let see--- Blade irons, Jones bag , Seamus Head cover and of course lead tape whats not to like


Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...