TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sub 70, mini driver, jones bag

I like half sets. What's your setup?

:ping-small:  G425 MAX, 10,5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 60S

:taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 10,5°, Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS, 60S

:taylormade-small: The Original One Mini Driver, 13,5°,  Fujikura Ventus Red 70S

:ping-small: G425 MAX 5 wood, 7 wood, Tensei AV Orange 75R

:srixon-small: Z U65 4, Z565 5-6, Z765 7-8 , Z965 9-PW, Project X 5.5,

:ping-small: Glide 4.0, 52°, Z-115, 58°, Z-115

:EVNROLL: ER5, 34'', Gravity Grip

Just discovering sub 70. How did you come upon them? Thoughts?

:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

19 hours ago, Calvo90 said:

I haven’t gone full half set yet. This set up is 11 clubs. The lowest I’ve carried is 8. I could still play 8, but I love the confidence of having those long irons in the bag and an extra wedge (even though I may only hit them 2-3 times a round)

14 hours ago, jkpigott said:

Just discovering sub 70. How did you come upon them? Thoughts?

I heard about them from this website I believe. I’ve had a couple bad experiences with local “fitters” in my area; trying to push me to buy the latest and most expensive club as well as the club that gives me the most distance on their monitors. Building to my liking and not have a salesman push for something else, is refreshing. Price point is refreshing. Performance of these irons are great and the customer service was top notch. Highly recommend you go with them if you’re in the market. 

19 hours ago, Calvo90 said:

I forgot to post the pictures of my Cleveland two wedges and 4&5 iron. Sorry about that. But I am working my way to a half set made up of my mini driver, 4,6,8,PW, 58* & putter.

Liking the look of the sub 70’s. What are they as far as lofts ?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

2 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

Liking the look of the sub 70’s. What are they as far as lofts ?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

They are a bit stronger than traditional blades. If you go on their website they have the specs of each iron. They are fun/easy to hit. If you're in the market, check them out. I hear they have a great demo program; I just bought them without hitting them and don't regret it. 

12 hours ago, kh416 said:

They are a bit stronger than traditional blades. If you go on their website they have the specs of each iron. They are fun/easy to hit. If you're in the market, check them out. I hear they have a great demo program; I just bought them without hitting them and don't regret it. 

Looking at pulling the trigger on the 699 irons. I did the demo with the 6 & 9 iron, gained close to 10 yards on each club with the stronger lofts. I had a standard set for shaft and loft so I missed right a few times given my swing but with the customization options that should get sorted out. 

Which set did you purchase?

Use :Arccos: for all clubs. Love the feedback and caddie options the app provides.

Driver: :ping-small: G400 with stock 55gram stiff flex. Just ordered a EvenFlow 75 gram stiff flex. Pumped!

3Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 3 RBZ Rescue

Irons 5 thru A wedge: Sub70 699 irons. Project X Rifle shafts. XStiff

54° Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4

60° Wedge: :callaway-logo-1: MD4

Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: MyGolfSpy Most Wanted 2 years in a row!

Ball:  :srixon-small: ZStar. New believer 

1 minute ago, Pkkenny88 said:

Looking at pulling the trigger on the 699 irons. I did the demo with the 6 & 9 iron, gained close to 10 yards on each club with the stronger lofts. I had a standard set for shaft and loft so I missed right a few times given my swing but with the customization options that should get sorted out. 

Which set did you purchase?

Just kidding. Just saw your initial post. You got the combo set...very nice.

Use :Arccos: for all clubs. Love the feedback and caddie options the app provides.

Driver: :ping-small: G400 with stock 55gram stiff flex. Just ordered a EvenFlow 75 gram stiff flex. Pumped!

1 hour ago, Pkkenny88 said:

Just kidding. Just saw your initial post. You got the combo set...very nice.

I first bought 699 mb plus 6-PW-wanted a somewhat half set, the course I play I usually don’t need long irons, and long irons are tough to hit. I have been playing more and playing better so I wanted to complete the set with long irons. I knew I needed more size/forgiveness with the long irons since they are trouble clubs for me so I called up Jason and was able to order the 699 4 iron and the 639 CB 5 iron. The 639 CB is a clean lookin club, might get 6-pw as a back up or 2nd set. Clubs are easy

The long irons can be difficult. I have a 4 iron but pulled it and just use my 5 iron with a 3 hybrid. Looking at the 5-AW of the 699 irons. When I need to update my hybrid I am sure I will get in touch with Jason. I do like the black finish on the 639 CB irons though. Very Nice!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 3:19 PM, kh416 said:

I first bought 699 mb plus 6-PW-wanted a somewhat half set, the course I play I usually don’t need long irons, and long irons are tough to hit. I have been playing more and playing better so I wanted to complete the set with long irons. I knew I needed more size/forgiveness with the long irons since they are trouble clubs for me so I called up Jason and was able to order the 699 4 iron and the 639 CB 5 iron. The 639 CB is a clean lookin club, might get 6-pw as a back up or 2nd set. Clubs are easy

Pulled the trigger on the 699's. Have already played 4 rounds of them and absolutely love them! Got the Project x rifle shafts, amazing, MCC midsize grips, amazing, and then of course the 699 that look great at address and even better putting the ball on the green. Extremely happy with my purchase!!

Looking at the tape, are you trying for higher launch with the stronger lofts, is it a feel issue or something else?

:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

On 5/3/2020 at 12:56 AM, kh416 said:

On 5/2/2020 at 2:58 AM, kh416 said:

I heard about them from this website I believe. I’ve had a couple bad experiences with local “fitters” in my area; trying to push me to buy the latest and most expensive club as well as the club that gives me the most distance on their monitors. Building to my liking and not have a salesman push for something else, is refreshing. Price point is refreshing. Performance of these irons are great and the customer service was top notch. Highly recommend you go with them if you’re in the market. 

Are these the only ones you have tried? I’m looking at these and the Ben Hogan’s. I like the direct to consumer model. Not willing to spend the money to play PXGs though.

On 5/18/2020 at 2:37 PM, Kmoney11 said:

Are these the only ones you have tried? I’m looking at these and the Ben Hogan’s. I like the direct to consumer model. Not willing to spend the money to play PXGs though.

well I have three different models in my set. 

4 iron is the 699 model= cannon, forgiving, easy to hit

5 iron is the 639 CB= compact head, easy to hit, soft feel

6-PW 639 MB Plus= larger blade head, easy to hit.

and they sell most of these irons in both satin/chrome and black finishes. 

Ben Hogans are sweet as well (havent hit them but i assume they are nice from a variety of forums)

it depends on what youre looking for....if I could do it over, i would get a set of 639 cb in 5-PW. they look that good. but I love the blades-classic look

On 5/17/2020 at 8:46 AM, Pkkenny88 said:

Pulled the trigger on the 699's. Have already played 4 rounds of them and absolutely love them! Got the Project x rifle shafts, amazing, MCC midsize grips, amazing, and then of course the 699 that look great at address and even better putting the ball on the green. Extremely happy with my purchase!!

Awesome, glad to hear. the 699 4 iron was not as thick as id imagine, which is good. It is a cannon for me, i could only imagine a whole set of them with project x shafts.

On 5/18/2020 at 11:28 AM, jkpigott said:

Looking at the tape, are you trying for higher launch with the stronger lofts, is it a feel issue or something else?

i have my irons cut down a quarter inch and i was just seeing if there is any benefit to lead tape (2, 2-inch pieces)

so far I am hitting a lot more greens/hitting it solid more often

placebo effect? maybe

but ill take solid contact and more greens in reg ...anytime

On 5/18/2020 at 4:37 PM, Kmoney11 said:

I'm in the same boat.  I want to try the 639 CB/MB Combo and the Hogan Icon/PTx pro combo.  Unfortunately missed out on the testing opportunity but plan on doing the 2 week trial with both this year.  The Sub70 is modern and clean, also great customer service from what I've heard, and the Hogans are just beautiful. Interested to see how they both play!

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

Let see--- Blade irons, Jones bag , Seamus Head cover and of course lead tape whats not to like

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Wow that putter offset!!!

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap