Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Club Champion Putter Fitting?

DuffDaddyKev

I've done one. It was pretty interesting to see the SAM data (think that's the name). Worth the time and price if you're really curious how well you make contact with the ball. Not sure the data did anything but prove that I needed more practice. Was nice to get the numbers needed to make a proper decision on a new putter though. And they will check the lie and loft of your putter and adjust if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter: @bobbyburdette

Instagram: bobbyburdette

Anyone done a Club Champion putter fitting? Currently just using a Ping Anser 2 I bought when I first started playing golf, and very curious how much my game would improve with a fit putter.

I did one as part of a full bag fitting. Once done with the SAM, there was no way to “build” me a putter to the specs. They had about 15 putters sitting there, but none were useful to me. Kind of a waste of time. I’d rather spend a little more money for an Edel fitting, or similar, where they actually build the putter for you while you’re there so you can see if it works. SAM data, great, but now what?!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I did one as part of a full bag fitting. Once done with the SAM, there was no way to “build” me a putter to the specs. They had about 15 putters sitting there, but none were useful to me. Kind of a waste of time. I’d rather spend a little more money for an Edel fitting, or similar, where they actually build the putter for you while you’re there so you can see if it works. SAM data, great, but now what?!

That's what I was worried about. I walked into my local store to understand their process better, and it didn't exactly inspire confidence in the putter category. I've heard the Edel fittings are great.

2 hours ago, DuffDaddyKev said:

That's what I was worried about. I walked into my local store to understand their process better, and it didn't exactly inspire confidence in the putter category. I've heard the Edel fittings are great.

I did one a year ago and it's been a complete game changer for me.  I was using the wrong type of putter for my stroke, along w/ the wrong loft and lie.  I brought my putter in that I had shaky confidence with and made about 3 or 4 of the first 15 putts.  On my final fit w/ my new putter I made 17/21 putts and 7 of the final 7.  It was amazing.  I could see how if they don't have a ton of options at their fitting location it wouldn't be worth it, but at my local club champion they had about 40+ putters and my initial results yielded about 6-8 putter that I could fit into well and from there it was just all about feel/results.  Several of us in my playing group have done it, and its made golf a lot more fun.  It's also great knowing exactly what specs I want if I order a new custom putter.

DRIVER: PXG Proto 0811 X - Graphite Design Tour AD GP7x +1/2"

3W: Taylormade SIM Rocket - Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s

HYBRID: PXG 0317X 17* - PX HC Hzrdus Black 6.5 (shelved)

IRONS: PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1" | PXG Gen 2 0311P 3-4 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

WEDGES: PXG Forged 54, PXG Sugar Daddy 58 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

PUTTER: Taylormade MySpider X - 36.00" 3* Loft 71* Lie

8 hours ago, DuffDaddyKev said:

Anyone done a Club Champion putter fitting? Currently just using a Ping Anser 2 I bought when I first started playing golf, and very curious how much my game would improve with a fit putter.

Have done one and I since I understood the SAM data is was very helpful in helping me see where my stroke was.   It was part of a full bag fitting and it was determined my putter was fine.

No one can tell you how much your game would improve; it may not improve.   I would ask you what do you hope/want the fitting will help you accomplish?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Did one and hated the result. Later I found out that I had a strong arch putting stroke and they had fitted me with a face balanced putter. Would not go to Club Champion again.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

Putting is particlarly for the indivdual person, The SAM does give data...but it;s about feel too when it comes with putters.  When you are told that you have an arc stroke and the give you a face balance putter, I dont know about that.

If I was going to pay for a high level putter fitting I’d go with Quintic (as seen on TXG) over SAM, even though it’s a 1+ hour further drive to True Spec Golf for me vs Club Champion. CC doesn’t carry Evnroll and I’d want them in the mix. And I just did a driver fitting at CC and it’s was a pretty contrived process that will almost certainly lead to them recommending new equipment whether it actually helps or not. Their guarantee doesn’t change anything.

Based on CC, I’d say the value is just getting confirmation your clubs aren’t holding you back, something many can do for themselves IME. Unless you’re somehow grossly misfit (some are), new fitted clubs aren’t going to magically transform your game. If you’re a single digit handicap or better it’s easier to justify custom fitting.

https://www.quinticballroll.com

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

7 minutes ago, Middler said:

If I was going to pay for a high level putter fitting I’d go with Quintic (as seen on TXG) over SAM, even though it’s a 1+ hour further drive for me vs Club Champion.

I'd love to try quintic since I have already done Puttlab.    Based on what I am seeing with Capto,  I'd like to try that too.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 hours ago, Middler said:

If I was going to pay for a high level putter fitting I’d go with Quintic (as seen on TXG) over SAM, even though it’s a 1+ hour further drive to True Spec Golf for me vs Club Champion. CC doesn’t carry Evnroll and I’d want them in the mix. And I just did a driver fitting at CC and it’s was a pretty contrived process that will almost certainly lead to them recommending new equipment whether it actual helps or not. Their guarantee doesn’t change anything.

Based on CC, I’d say the value is just getting confirmation your clubs aren’t holding you back, something many can do for themselves IME. Unless you’re somehow grossly misfit (some are), new fitted clubs aren’t going to magically transform your game. If you’re a single digit handicap or better it’s easier to justify custom fitting.

Not carrying Evnroll would be a problem for me too. Hearing the TXG crew explaining how Quintic works definitely has made me trust the results from it. Unfortunately for me it looks like my closest one is 6+ hours away 😢

I did the putter fitting a Club Champion.  I found myself disappointed, not by the experience, but by the results.  My idea was to take in a bunch of my putters and find the one that could be adjusted to perfection.  The results showed that I could putt equally will all of them with a bias towards faced balanced putters.  While I was hoping to find the magic "fix" to help putting woes, it was determined that everything was fine with the stroke and alignment.  Then the quesion becomes, what else needs to be worked on?

I had a similar experience to others that have commented. I was at CC for a full bag fitting and the putter portion was the least valuable for me. Seeing the data was somewhat interesting, but putting is so personal for me that the science didn't really tell the full story. The putters that they suggested didn't fit my eye, and I was basically told that me current putter, although it was not well suited for my stroke, was probably my best bet since I had adapted to it over the years. I'm glad that they didn't try to sell me very hard, but there were also very few takeaways.