Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Master PGA Professional in trouble with health/financial problems

appletonjim

There is a nice little driving range in my community that I go to (or would if it was open anyway) when I have a few minutes to practice.  It is run by a really nice gentleman, Bob Burns.  Bob is a Master PGA teaching pro and has given thousands of lessons and untold hours of time to veterans and handicapped folks so they can enjoy his lifelong passion.

This year has been tough on everyone but Bob's health problems (heart attack, hip replacement that got staff, etc.) have been kicking his ass for the last couple years.  I have known he's been struggling but he proudly didn't ever complain when I saw him.  Gary D'Amoto, a very good golf (and other stuff) writer formerly for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel just wrote a piece on Bob and it is heart breaking.  If you possibly can please go to his GoFundMe page to help out with his medical expenses.  

I would also like to mention the absolute ridiculousness of the "no driving ranges" rule when golf courses can be open.  I understand this is a challenging time and there are a lot of tough calls to be made but I don't think this one got thought through very well.  It could certainly be as hands off as the courses now are. He washes and bleaches the balls after they are picked and the buckets could be pre-filled and pre-paid.  Also absurdly, if he turned his range into a par 3 with 4 holes (one for each ot the target greens) he could be a course and be open. It's beyond stupid.

I hope you can help - he could sure use it.

Appletonjim

Golfer in Summer, Curler in Winter

TM  Stealth  Ventus shaft

Callaway Epic Flash 5 adjusted to 4.

TM SIM 7 wood

TM M1 3 hybrid adjusted to 4

Callaway Apex 4 - P

Vokey 52, 56, 60

Odyssey 2 Ball with Black Line

I wrote an email to Hank Haney and his producer emailed me back and they mentioned Bob in a nice segment on Hank's Podcast this morning (I listen when I go for walks in the morning).  Hank also was kind enough to make a generous donation.  Listen to his podcast if you get a chance.  I catch it on iHeart Radio but it's available on other platforms too.

Golfer in Summer, Curler in Winter

TM  Stealth  Ventus shaft

Callaway Epic Flash 5 adjusted to 4.

TM SIM 7 wood

TM M1 3 hybrid adjusted to 4

Callaway Apex 4 - P

Vokey 52, 56, 60

Odyssey 2 Ball with Black Line