Sign in to follow this  
Danno505

New Jersey Reopens

Our Sponsors

I'm sure all the Jersey golfers have seen this but if you haven't, our idiot governor has reopened the state to golfers starting on Saturday. I'm sure the courses won't be too crowded.

• Like 1

Driver-:ping-small: G400

3W, 5W-:ping-small: G400

Hybrid-:ping-small: 22 

irons- PW-5-:ping-small: G30

Wedges - :callaway-small: Mack Daddy- 52,54,60

Putter- :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

our course (Basking Ridge) has not been crowded.  They have it pretty controlled.  I'll get a report for you from a friend working the front lines at a county course.  I'm certain that's a different story. 

:ping-small:       G400 Max. Project X Evenflow Blue 6.5s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 4-50deg GW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

Right handed

New Jersey, USA

Handicap: 16

Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips

Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  🙂

Posted (edited)

I have been a few times, some smaller clubs have not been crowded at all. Some courses that are cheaper have been packed, tee times practically on a rolling basis with no regard for reservations as they try to make more money and dont care at all for 16 minute intervals

Edited by yale17

It seems the nicer or more expensive the course, the less likely they are to take risks which makes sense. Unfortunate as it means I have to schedule a tee time exactly a week in advance or they disappear quickly 

Obviously different situation in Arizona, but the courses never closed. Some courses instituted some really good rules, like doubling the time between tee times, so that the courses wouldn't be stacked up. One golfer per cart, unless you came as a group and are okay with sharing. No water on the course, no cart service, no bunker rags. Basically nothing to touch. And obviously play with the flags in, with some sort of insert to prevent from reaching in touching the cup. I've played a dozen times since the outbreak and its always felt safer than the grocery store. Again, much lower rate down here than in NJ so take that for what its worth. 

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Tensei Orange 60X
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* Hybrid, AD-DI 85S
  • Irons: :srixon-small: U85 4I AD DI 95S, Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :ping-small:: Glide 3.0 52, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • RH in Phoenix, AZ

Playing in NC allowed us to play through this thing.  Some rules are a pain to deal with.  Don’t really like the noodle in the hole .  I really like taking the pin out inside 10-15 feet.

I always played flag in so not much has changed.  They put pieces of pvc in the cups, it kindof catches the ball a little and seems to work better than foam plugs that bounce the ball out.  Back to foursomes, still 16min apart.   I'm mostly playing with my wife so not many distancing issues.  We can call and order drinks and they'll bring them or the bev cart will park in spots.  Course is still in amazing shape.  Even aeration barely altered the greens. 

They are open Mondays all yr to make up some lost days, a bonus for us weekday members 🙂

:ping-small:       G400 Max. Project X Evenflow Blue 6.5s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 4-50deg GW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

Right handed

New Jersey, USA

Handicap: 16

Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips

Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  🙂

I played in NJ, the rounds have been much faster. 16 minute gaps between groups make for a much quicker round.

I am from NY,  it Sunday I played Neshanic Valley. Love that course and it was in really good conditions (as always), only downside the raised edge cups... I rather play with foam in 🙂 I will be back anyway!

:callaway-small:Mavrik 10.5 Graphite Design TourAD TP5s

:callaway-small: Mavrik 15 Project X Evenflow Riptide

:callaway-small: Apex 3H Project X Catalyst 

PXG 0211 4-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80g

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB Black