Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Best Post-Round Burger -- Central California

Hello All...whenever my buddies and I play we always go for a post-round burger/food.  A couple courses are currently open near me, but are currently not serving food.  Wondering if there are any Central California golfers out there that can share some courses that have great post-round burger/food.  Doing research for when this shelter-in-place is over and courses open back up to normal!

Thanks in advance!

• 5 months later...
On 5/1/2020 at 12:19 PM, KristianC said:

Hello All...whenever my buddies and I play we always go for a post-round burger/food.  A couple courses are currently open near me, but are currently not serving food.  Wondering if there are any Central California golfers out there that can share some courses that have great post-round burger/food.  Doing research for when this shelter-in-place is over and courses open back up to normal!

Thanks in advance!

Where about in central California are you looking?  I'm from Turlock in Stanislaus county.

WITB

Titleist TS3 9.5 HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g

Titleist TS2 15 Diamana LTD S+ Blue 70g

P790 2i HZRDUS 100g

P7MC 3-P Project X 6.0 (lie -2)

Vokey Wedge 52, 58 (lie -2)

Scotty Cameron CA Monterey 

1 hour ago, chippingwithchris said:

Where about in central California are you looking?  I'm from Turlock in Stanislaus county.

I'm in Fresno, but I'm willing to travel for golf so a good post-round burger before the drive home is always good! haha

Awesome! I am a Bulldog Alumni ('09-'14).  Some of my favorite spots for a burger in Fresno were Doghouse and the mad duck (Herndon location).  If you go past Turlock, dustbowl brewery is always a good spot for a burger and beer.  I live in Dublin now, I have almost 10 courses within a 30 minute drive, I love it!

WITB

P790 2i HZRDUS 100g

1 hour ago, chippingwithchris said:

Awesome! I am a Bulldog Alumni ('09-'14).  Some of my favorite spots for a burger in Fresno were Doghouse and the mad duck (Herndon location).  If you go past Turlock, dustbowl brewery is always a good spot for a burger and beer.  I live in Dublin now, I have almost 10 courses within a 30 minute drive, I love it!

Nice! I grew up in the Bay Area (East Bay) and learned how to play on the courses up there.  I pass by Dublin whenever I go up north to visit family (well, when I could visit them, haha).  I've had Poppy Ridge and Wente on my playlist for awhile.  Whenever I drive up there I tell myself I need to just make a trip to play there so I can cross them off my list.  haha.

Have you played Las Positas?  I see that right off the 580 and have been wanting to play there too for a while

On 5/1/2020 at 12:19 PM, KristianC said:

Thanks in advance!

It's not a burger but Doghouse is the best. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

On 10/9/2020 at 1:14 PM, KristianC said:

Nice! I grew up in the Bay Area (East Bay) and learned how to play on the courses up there.  I pass by Dublin whenever I go up north to visit family (well, when I could visit them, haha).  I've had Poppy Ridge and Wente on my playlist for awhile.  Whenever I drive up there I tell myself I need to just make a trip to play there so I can cross them off my list.  haha.

Have you played Las Positas?  I see that right off the 580 and have been wanting to play there too for a while

Awesome Kristian!  I play Las Positas about once a month, whether that's the 18 or short 9 hole.  Las positas is a fine track, nothing fancy about it, it gets a ton of play so definitely need to book a round in advance.  It can be challenging from the tips, especially on the par 3s.

I still need to play Wente but its a bit pricy for my taste.  Poppy ridge is a great course, you get the best of everything in my opinion.  Great practice facility.  Challenging holes and greens but you can shoot low.  I played there about 6 weeks ago and shot a 78.  I usually look on golf now for deals but if you're an NCGA member you can also get discounts there.

WITB

P790 2i HZRDUS 100g

On 10/15/2020 at 9:25 AM, chippingwithchris said:

Awesome Kristian!  I play Las Positas about once a month, whether that's the 18 or short 9 hole.  Las positas is a fine track, nothing fancy about it, it gets a ton of play so definitely need to book a round in advance.  It can be challenging from the tips, especially on the par 3s.

I still need to play Wente but its a bit pricy for my taste.  Poppy ridge is a great course, you get the best of everything in my opinion.  Great practice facility.  Challenging holes and greens but you can shoot low.  I played there about 6 weeks ago and shot a 78.  I usually look on golf now for deals but if you're an NCGA member you can also get discounts there.

Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...