Jump to content

Best Post-Round Burger -- Central California


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Hello All...whenever my buddies and I play we always go for a post-round burger/food.  A couple courses are currently open near me, but are currently not serving food.  Wondering if there are any Central California golfers out there that can share some courses that have great post-round burger/food.  Doing research for when this shelter-in-place is over and courses open back up to normal!

Thanks in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...
On 5/1/2020 at 12:19 PM, KristianC said:

Hello All...whenever my buddies and I play we always go for a post-round burger/food.  A couple courses are currently open near me, but are currently not serving food.  Wondering if there are any Central California golfers out there that can share some courses that have great post-round burger/food.  Doing research for when this shelter-in-place is over and courses open back up to normal!

Thanks in advance!

Where about in central California are you looking?  I'm from Turlock in Stanislaus county.

WITB

Titleist TS3 9.5 HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g

Titleist TS2 15 Diamana LTD S+ Blue 70g

P790 2i HZRDUS 100g

P7MC 3-P Project X 6.0 (lie -2)

Vokey Wedge 52, 58 (lie -2)

Scotty Cameron CA Monterey 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chippingwithchris said:

Where about in central California are you looking?  I'm from Turlock in Stanislaus county.

I'm in Fresno, but I'm willing to travel for golf so a good post-round burger before the drive home is always good! haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! I am a Bulldog Alumni ('09-'14).  Some of my favorite spots for a burger in Fresno were Doghouse and the mad duck (Herndon location).  If you go past Turlock, dustbowl brewery is always a good spot for a burger and beer.  I live in Dublin now, I have almost 10 courses within a 30 minute drive, I love it!

WITB

Titleist TS3 9.5 HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g

Titleist TS2 15 Diamana LTD S+ Blue 70g

P790 2i HZRDUS 100g

P7MC 3-P Project X 6.0 (lie -2)

Vokey Wedge 52, 58 (lie -2)

Scotty Cameron CA Monterey 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chippingwithchris said:

Awesome! I am a Bulldog Alumni ('09-'14).  Some of my favorite spots for a burger in Fresno were Doghouse and the mad duck (Herndon location).  If you go past Turlock, dustbowl brewery is always a good spot for a burger and beer.  I live in Dublin now, I have almost 10 courses within a 30 minute drive, I love it!

Nice! I grew up in the Bay Area (East Bay) and learned how to play on the courses up there.  I pass by Dublin whenever I go up north to visit family (well, when I could visit them, haha).  I've had Poppy Ridge and Wente on my playlist for awhile.  Whenever I drive up there I tell myself I need to just make a trip to play there so I can cross them off my list.  haha.

Have you played Las Positas?  I see that right off the 580 and have been wanting to play there too for a while

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 12:19 PM, KristianC said:

Hello All...whenever my buddies and I play we always go for a post-round burger/food.  A couple courses are currently open near me, but are currently not serving food.  Wondering if there are any Central California golfers out there that can share some courses that have great post-round burger/food.  Doing research for when this shelter-in-place is over and courses open back up to normal!

Thanks in advance!

It's not a burger but Doghouse is the best. 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2020 at 1:14 PM, KristianC said:

Nice! I grew up in the Bay Area (East Bay) and learned how to play on the courses up there.  I pass by Dublin whenever I go up north to visit family (well, when I could visit them, haha).  I've had Poppy Ridge and Wente on my playlist for awhile.  Whenever I drive up there I tell myself I need to just make a trip to play there so I can cross them off my list.  haha.

Have you played Las Positas?  I see that right off the 580 and have been wanting to play there too for a while

Awesome Kristian!  I play Las Positas about once a month, whether that's the 18 or short 9 hole.  Las positas is a fine track, nothing fancy about it, it gets a ton of play so definitely need to book a round in advance.  It can be challenging from the tips, especially on the par 3s.

I still need to play Wente but its a bit pricy for my taste.  Poppy ridge is a great course, you get the best of everything in my opinion.  Great practice facility.  Challenging holes and greens but you can shoot low.  I played there about 6 weeks ago and shot a 78.  I usually look on golf now for deals but if you're an NCGA member you can also get discounts there.

WITB

Titleist TS3 9.5 HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g

Titleist TS2 15 Diamana LTD S+ Blue 70g

P790 2i HZRDUS 100g

P7MC 3-P Project X 6.0 (lie -2)

Vokey Wedge 52, 58 (lie -2)

Scotty Cameron CA Monterey 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 9:25 AM, chippingwithchris said:

Awesome Kristian!  I play Las Positas about once a month, whether that's the 18 or short 9 hole.  Las positas is a fine track, nothing fancy about it, it gets a ton of play so definitely need to book a round in advance.  It can be challenging from the tips, especially on the par 3s.

I still need to play Wente but its a bit pricy for my taste.  Poppy ridge is a great course, you get the best of everything in my opinion.  Great practice facility.  Challenging holes and greens but you can shoot low.  I played there about 6 weeks ago and shot a 78.  I usually look on golf now for deals but if you're an NCGA member you can also get discounts there.

Thanks for the info!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

How about the burger dog up at Silverado in Napa


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Tittleist TS2

Rocketballz 3+
Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid

Taylormade p790 4-pw

vokey 56&60

cameron Newport 1.5

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...