TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hacker's Hideout

GolfSpy Dave

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

So I totally killed at the range again today. For the first time I feel like I have a consistent swing. Not every ball is a beauty, but I feel like I can line up and have a good chance of making good contact. Such was not the case two weeks ago...

looking for the transition to play tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Ok, so my first round of the year was at Chambers Bay, and we only played the 6400 yd tees. I managed my normal 83, but had to finish birdie, birdie to do it. Shot 46-37. too many 3 putts. I NEED A PUTTER, or perhaps a designated putter. Is that legal?? I call in the DP.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I saw a company in vegas in the other thread that seemed to have fine candidates for such a position.

now now now..... keep it clean..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

So I totally killed at the range again today. For the first time I feel like I have a consistent swing. Not every ball is a beauty, but I feel like I can line up and have a good chance of making good contact. Such was not the case two weeks ago...

looking for the transition to play tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

I told you to keep this quiet, the Golf God's are vengeful f'ers. They give you a little taste, and the second you crow about it...BLAM! 105!

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

I told you to keep this quiet, the Golf God's are vengeful f'ers. They give you a little taste, and the second you crow about it...BLAM! 105!

You are of course right. Right after I posted that, my brother's wife revoked the kitchen pass. Something silly about going to Tahoe to ski or something.

Volvo Intorqueo

They are a cruel, cruel bunch. I think I have my short game in line and boom, it's off, then the driver is on, I work on the short game, then boom, I can't hit the fairway with a driver!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Ok, so my first round of the year was at Chambers Bay, and we only played the 6400 yd tees. I managed my normal 83, but had to finish birdie, birdie to do it. Shot 46-37. too many 3 putts. I NEED A PUTTER, or perhaps a designated putter. Is that legal?? I call in the DP.

Someone else to putt for you, I could use on too.

Nothing wrong with playing 6400 or less, the game happens inside 100 yards anyway and that's still there.

I'd be happy to get called in to DP at Chambers Bay anytime.

Do I qualify as a hacker?

I can go out on Friday and score a 75....then go out the next day and score a 90, or vice versa, LOL.

If you're capable of shooting a 75 on a regular basis... then no. Get out!! :)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

They are a cruel, cruel bunch. I think I have my short game in line and boom, it's off, then the driver is on, I work on the short game, then boom, I can't hit the fairway with a driver!

One day john, we will achieve perfect synergy with our games. In old Norse terms, it will be called Ragnarök.

Volvo Intorqueo

Forgot to add that the blow-up really came when I went to the 58* Vokey that I had in the bag for the first time. missed GI 4 just 20 left. nasty blade of 58 (ball below feet) through green chip on 2 putt.

It is going back into the practice with this first pile of clubs...

Don't blame the arrow. Signed, the Indian.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

One day john, we will achieve perfect synergy with our games. In old Norse terms, it will be called Ragnarök.

Are you going to start chanting and posting in runes now? :)

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I thought Ragnarok was the crazy, android version of Thor in Marvel Comics.

Matt, you've just peeled away another layer of the Saternus onion...

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

Are you going to start chanting and posting in runes now? :)

a. it's always the arrow

b. if chanting works, then that is a go. however I do draw the line at animal sacrifice.

guys gotta have his standards

(can you catch that slightly modified 80's movie reference there a2g?)

Volvo Intorqueo

However I do draw the line at animal sacrifice.

How about virgins?

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Matt, you've just peeled away another layer of the Saternus onion...

Yeah, I'm ok with that. I read comics in junior high, then when I moved into this house I found a comic book store within walking distance and thought, "Hey, I'll walk over there just for fun." That moved the boulder to the edge of the cliff. Then I found out one of my buddies is really into comics (something that I hadn't found out for the first...7 years of our friendship) and the boulder went over the edge. Anyone who would like to discuss the event of The Siege (Marvel) or Blackest Night (DC), feel free to shoot me a PM.

• SPY VIP

Yeah, I'm ok with that. I read comics in junior high, then when I moved into this house I found a comic book store within walking distance and thought, "Hey, I'll walk over there just for fun." That moved the boulder to the edge of the cliff. Then I found out one of my buddies is really into comics (something that I hadn't found out for the first...7 years of our friendship) and the boulder went over the edge. Anyone who would like to discuss the event of The Siege (Marvel) or Blackest Night (DC), feel free to shoot me a PM.

Since my nerd card is well out there, I am happy to say that I am off the comic/crack books for about 10 years now. Check your local libraries for graphic novels though. Garth Ennis's The Boys is perhaps the greatest read since Miller's take on the dark knight. Seriously it's that good and definitely not for kids.

Did by the Neil Gaiman issues of Batman last year though.... :angry:

OK back to golf, or in this thread sucking at golf

Volvo Intorqueo

Since my nerd card is well out there, I am happy to say that I am off the comic/crack books for about 10 years now. Check your local libraries for graphic novels though. Garth Ennis's The Boys is perhaps the greatest read since Miller's take on the dark knight. Seriously it's that good and definitely not for kids.

Did by the Neil Gaiman issues of Batman last year though.... :angry:

OK back to golf, or in this thread sucking at golf

Ok, not just yet:

Frank Miller's Dark Knight books are so far beyond anything ever put on paper that's it's ridiculous. If The Boys is in the same solar system, I will be indebted to you for the recommendation. I'll try to get to the library this weekend.

I didn't know that Gaiman did a run on Batman. I guess the question is: which Batman series? FWIW, I thought The Sandman was overrated.

My nick name in wrestling was Thanos!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Ok, not just yet:

Frank Miller's Dark Knight books are so far beyond anything ever put on paper that's it's ridiculous. If The Boys is in the same solar system, I will be indebted to you for the recommendation. I'll try to get to the library this weekend.

I didn't know that Gaiman did a run on Batman. I guess the question is: which Batman series? FWIW, I thought The Sandman was overrated.

Alright one more comics post.

Ennis is one of my favorite authors in the media. I easily put him with Miller (Sin City kicks butt) and Moore (although they screwed up the ending of Watchmen). His work in Hellblazer changed the whole series for the better and truly defined John Constantine, until Keanu killed it for me. His other series, Preacher, is a great read too.

Very edgy and mature content and some don't like the rated M type of book. If your read the first few issues of The Boys, you will quickly see what I mean. The first series with the bulldog made me spit coffee...

Sandman was fun to read, but in no way and iconic as the goths took it to be. However, I believe that the work that he did in Sandman opened the door for the whole Twilight-type of entertainment.

The Cereal Killer convention with the Corinthian was genius though.

His novels are quite good to, with American Gods being my favorite.

Volvo Intorqueo

Alright one more comics post.

Ennis is one of my favorite authors in the media. I easily put him with Miller (Sin City kicks butt) and Moore (although they screwed up the ending of Watchmen). His work in Hellblazer changed the whole series for the better and truly defined John Constantine, until Keanu killed it for me. His other series, Preacher, is a great read too.

Very edgy and mature content and some don't like the rated M type of book. If your read the first few issues of The Boys, you will quickly see what I mean. The first series with the bulldog made me spit coffee...

Sandman was fun to read, but in no way and iconic as the goths took it to be. However, I believe that the work that he did in Sandman opened the door for the whole Twilight-type of entertainment.

The Cereal Killer convention with the Corinthian was genius though.

His novels are quite good to, with American Gods being my favorite.

Yes, there are unquestionably great moments in the Sandman series, the serial killer convention being among them. Opening up the door for Twilight might not be the first thing I list on my resume, however.

I have heard his novels are good from many trusted sources and need to get them checked out.

Have you read Y: The Last Man? That might have come out after your comic days were over, but it's quite good. I also like Ex Machina quite a bit because the politics suit me and I think it's an interesting spin on the superhero bit.

• SPY VIP

Yes, there are unquestionably great moments in the Sandman series, the serial killer convention being among them. Opening up the door for Twilight might not be the first thing I list on my resume, however.

I have heard his novels are good from many trusted sources and need to get them checked out.

Have you read Y: The Last Man? That might have come out after your comic days were over, but it's quite good. I also like Ex Machina quite a bit because the politics suit me and I think it's an interesting spin on the superhero bit.

Will look for it, but Shia LaBeouf (proposed) in the movie roll turns me off immediately.

ugh

OK requested first 3 volumes from library

Volvo Intorqueo

Will look for it, but Shia LaBeouf (proposed) in the movie roll turns me off immediately.

ugh

AHHHHH!!! I hate Shia LaBeouf!! More than A2G hates yellow and more than I hate ostriches!

ugh

OK requested first 3 volumes from library

They're making a movie of Y? With Shia LaBeouf? First of all, there are 10 freaking books! You can't make that 1 movie. Second, Shia LaBeouf? Is that the best they could do?

Archived