TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hacker's Hideout

GolfSpy Dave

Relaxed golf, is the golf I ever want to play. We don't say "Play" golf for no reason, it's supposed to be fun!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

Do I qualify as a hacker?

I can go out on Friday and score a 75....then go out the next day and score a 90, or vice versa, LOL.

HMMMM

Maybe on the 90 days you are welcome here. We can call those the Mr. Hyde days. :)

Today's hacker report:

Today I began by wondering why the hell I was out there when my first iron shot took a divot that was wider than my stance. It was so deep, I saw fossils at the bottom.

Free idea for the day: Open a used sporting goods store at the tee box of the second hole. You will make a killing.

For a few holes, my game was best summarized by "but it is a beautiful day".

Then I started slowing down my swing. I was alone on the course, so I was hitting a few extra anyway.

I know that I have rushing from the top issues. So I decided to swing slow. So slow that I just wanted 20 feet of carry. Walk the middle, swing often that was the plan.

And then, with the slow swing, I actually hit the ball much better. Only in golf would you swing slow to hit hard. Still have some hooks jumping out there, but slow was the key.

Not a round that a score was carded, but I think that I may have enough swing now to card the next one.

At least I am not selling my gear today.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

HMMMM

Maybe on the 90 days you are welcome here. We can call those the Mr. Hyde days. ;)

Today's hacker report:

Today I began by wondering why the hell I was out there when my first iron shot took a divot that was wider than my stance. It was so deep, I saw fossils at the bottom.

Free idea for the day: Open a used sporting goods store at the tee box of the second hole. You will make a killing.

For a few holes, my game was best summarized by "but it is a beautiful day".

Then I started slowing down my swing. I was alone on the course, so I was hitting a few extra anyway.

I know that I have rushing from the top issues. So I decided to swing slow. So slow that I just wanted 20 feet of carry. Walk the middle, swing often that was the plan.

And then, with the slow swing, I actually hit the ball much better. Only in golf would you swing slow to hit hard. Still have some hooks jumping out there, but slow was the key.

Not a round that a score was carded, but I think that I may have enough swing now to card the next one.

At least I am not selling my gear today.

Love this.

I find that many things in golf are very counter intuitive, particularly swinging easy to hit it far. It's just not a game where trying harder will yield good results (except when it comes to practice habits, of course).

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Love this.

I find that many things in golf are very counter intuitive, particularly swinging easy to hit it far. It's just not a game where trying harder will yield good results (except when it comes to practice habits, of course).

Sactown's Second Hole Swap Shopâ„¢

Great trade-ins and HUGE used inventory.

Broken shafts replaced while you wait.

Volvo Intorqueo

Great idea Sac, you would do a lot of business!

The swinging easy for hitting it longer, man that's always a tough one for me.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

I had heard it before, but never really felt it until yesterday. Hopefully I can capture and repeat that tempo again.

Volvo Intorqueo

Sactown's Second Hole Swap Shopâ„¢

Great trade-ins and HUGE used inventory.

Broken shafts replaced while you wait.

Broken shaft repair would be a must, as would correct loft and lie after the club has been slammed into the ground repeatedly. You could also buy some scuba gear and have a "These clubs couldn't swim" bucket.

I had heard it before, but never really felt it until yesterday. Hopefully I can capture and repeat that tempo again.

More advice from the internet.... Swing like you are standing at the bottom of a swimming pool full of water.. IT always seems to work for me.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

More advice from the internet.... Swing like you are standing at the bottom of a swimming pool full of water.. IT always seems to work for me.

You have been watching me drown on the course haven't you.

Good visual clue thanks

Volvo Intorqueo

You have been watching me drown on the course haven't you.

Good visual clue thanks

LOL.. That's not it. Quick transition is an issue for a lot of players. The "bottom of the pool" analogy sometimes helps.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

• SPY VIP

LOL.. That's not it. Quick transition is an issue for a lot of players. The "bottom of the pool" analogy sometimes helps.

I think that I have too much thought about maintaining lag and then cracking the whip during my swing and that speeds up my downswing. Pool image works. The other one I was thinking of was a wrecking ball. Slow decent, but still power at impact.

Volvo Intorqueo

It is just a tempo reminder. Simple things for my simple mind.

I heard an instructor describe it this way:

You want effortless power, not powerless effort.

I heard an instructor describe it this way:

You want effortless power, not powerless effort.

Nice thought, easier said than done though. Effortless power is truly something to strive for.

• SPY VIP

Ok...fair enough...I won't come here on the days I play well. :D

Maybe you should. Your improvement will inspire me when my swing has gone sideways. Now if you card multiple rounds in a row in the non-hack range you may only get the occasional visitor's pass.

Volvo Intorqueo

• 2 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

So to chronicle the hacking

Just got back from quick 9. Almost shot bogey golf. Actually all bogies except for a blow up 8 on the par 5. Iron striking was 100% better than the last round two weeks ago. Could have been better too, used the new putter and we are just not quite on the same page yet. LOL would have netted me three-ish pars. I think that the gripmaster may just not work for me an the iomic is better.

74* shot in the 40's for 9. All in all successful for me.

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Forgot to add that the blow-up really came when I went to the 58* Vokey that I had in the bag for the first time. missed GI 4 just 20 left. nasty blade of 58 (ball below feet) through green chip on 2 putt.

It is going back into the practice with this first pile of clubs...

Volvo Intorqueo

So to chronicle the hacking

Just got back from quick 9. Almost shot bogey golf. Actually all bogies except for a blow up 8 on the par 5. Iron striking was 100% better than the last round two weeks ago. Could have been better too, used the new putter and we are just not quite on the same page yet. LOL would have netted me three-ish pars. I think that the gripmaster may just not work for me an the iomic is better.

74* shot in the 40's for 9. All in all successful for me.

Sounds like a good 9, kudos on the ball striking. I'm sure twisty will learn how to get it done if given a chance.

An opening year round of 84 is bound to be followed up with a 98, so don't kick me out of here yet!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

An opening year round of 84 is bound to be followed up with a 98, so don't kick me out of here yet!

I will admit that you had me a bit worried with that 84. One of the screws was out of the name badge on your HH Locker. :lol:

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Hopefully my 80 today doesn't get me kicked out. I want to break 80 before I'm kicked out of the club...then I'll start my own sub-80 club and become an elitist. B)

Dead to me now...

OUT OF THE HIDEOUT RIGHT NOW AND TAKE JAMO WITH YOU!!!!

Volvo Intorqueo

Dead to me now...

OUT OF THE HIDEOUT RIGHT NOW AND TAKE JAMO WITH YOU!!!!

Pssshh...hacker. I'm going to move to another forum where everyone is a + handicap and hits it 300 yards, just like me. And plays blades. And spits on the B'Stone RX, or anything that isn't a ProV1. B)

Pssshh...hacker. I'm going to move to another forum where everyone is a + handicap and hits it 300 yards, just like me. And plays blades. And spits on the B'Stone RX, or anything that isn't a ProV1. B)

Psssshhhtt, RX, for slow swingers. :P

• SPY VIP

I know one that fits your needs :P

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived