Our Sponsors

On 5/8/2020 at 3:33 PM, Larryd3 said:

Pretty sure Club Champion and TrueSpec are open, at least they are in Florida.  Maybe check their websites and give them a call.

I have a "newbie" question, what does the "Broke 80" mean?  Scored in the 70's? or more than 80 total posts?  Just curious. LOL  You can take credit for me Donating to the site after I saw your DONOR tag.  Only fair to help the cause as a site user.

:ping-small:       Driver:  G410 LST 9 +1 Flat w/Tour AD DI 6X Orange

:taylormade-small:  3 Metal:   M2 13 degree w/Tour AD DJ 7X Orange

:titelist-small:          Hybrid:  818 21 

:mizuno-small:        4-PW:  MP 20  w/Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small:        Wedges:  52-56-60: Mizuno MP R12 w/KB STE 610 Wedge 125 S+

:whitlam-golf-1:    Putter:  Joseph SS303 w/Super Stroke Fatso 5.0

:Snell:  Ball:  MTB Black

:1590477705_SunMountain: C130 S    🇺🇸

35 minutes ago, Gman24 said:

I have a "newbie" question, what does the "Broke 80" mean?  Scored in the 70's? or more than 80 total posts?  Just curious. LOL  You can take credit for me Donating to the site after I saw your DONOR tag.  Only fair to help the cause as a site user.

Yes, Broke 80 refers to golf scores, not posts 😄 

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

35 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Yes, Broke 80 refers to golf scores, not posts 😄 

Sweeeeeeet!

:mizuno-small:        Wedges:  52-56-60: Mizuno MP R12 w/KB STE 610 Wedge 125 S+

Thank you for taking the time to post this. I have been really nervous about getting fit and this helped me a lot. Mainly cause the one thing that I really want is consistency. I love the irons I have now but I don't feel that they fit me great. Mainly because I am 6' 4" and don't always feel super comfortable over the ball. Thank you again!

I did a fitting with a Titleist rep at my local club for a 3 wood and a hybrid and then did hours at Puetz in Seattle for my irons.  I was surprised at how fast the Titleist rep narrowed the recommendations for those clubs. He looked at the trackman data and tried about 2-3 setups and that was it. That day I was consistent and they still work great when I hit them.   
The Puetz experience was different because I was able to play around a lot over more than one day. Plus I worked with more than one fitter at two different locations. One guy was great, very patient and listened to what I had to say.  The other was a salesman who, while knowledgable, pushed the flashiness.  The clear example of the salesman (besides being stuck on selling the "look" of the club) was when I got good distance with one brand - but had absolutely no consistency.  Sure I hit one 7 iron 190, but the next went 165, and the one after that 176.  He pushed those sticks because I crushed the one.  I had no confidence in that person.
The other guy took the time to work with me and give me space to really try things out.  He told me about the pro's and con's of different brands (e.g. Some brands include various shafts in their price, others don't) and seemed to try to find something that really fit my swing - based on what the numbers said, but also what he was seeing. The clubs he sold me I consistently hit within a 5 yard range.  Not as far, but consistent.  
The short version of this is I am a believer in fittings. But just as with everything the people you work with make a difference.  I want to get a new driver and look at putters, but I hesitate to just buy something off the shelf because I have seen what a difference the right shaft can make.  Best of luck to you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yep, our rep at Titleist says, "The longest wait any golfer has is the time from his order being placed, to the box showing up at the door"   He is so spot on!!

However, this doesn't apply to you, since you got boxes arriving on a daily basis.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

9 hours ago, Gman24 said:

You can request your badge here:

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

4 hours ago, Kanoito said:

You can request your badge here:

Thanks!!!

GolfTec is open in different states too.

Just got fit myself in March.  Depending on where you get fit, have a plan for being truly warmed up before the fitting starts.  Some places are all about throughput and you might not get the benefit of more than 5-10 swings before they start making assessments of your current gamers and what they recommend.  If you're like me (older and stiffer than I used to be), I need a lot more swings than that to be ready.  Stretch and swing an Orange Whip in the parking lot if you have to.

Second, for the love of God, be an educated consumer.  Go in with 5-7 clubs you want to try, and know their lofts or have the info readily available on your phone.  (Most fitters will want to fit you based on a 7 iron.)  Don't be sucked into a club being "2 clubs longer" when in reality the club is loft-jacked significantly compared to your gamers.

Along those same lines, pay attention to more than distance.  Distance with a 7 iron doesn't do much for you if you aren't generating enough spin.

• Like 1

Currently testing the Honma TR20 460 driver!

Driver: :callaway-small:Great Big Bertha Epic, 10.5, Project X HZRDOUS 55g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: California Monterey 1.5, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

:SuperSpeed:

I just sold my Ping Karsten GI Irons, with nothing in mind for a replacement. I’ve tried; Ping i500, Ping G410, Ping G700, and Callaway Maverick. Leaning towards the G410s. 

What else should I be trying out? This will be my first time buying clubs not off the rack or used and I don’t want to rush it.

I’m a high HC, pretty inconsistent, my typical 8 iron shot goes 155. 

Cocorover 

To ask what some may find a heretical question - anyone every get fit for one length irons?  Any experience at a Club Champion or the like?  

I wanted to experiment with one length, so I just bought some, and have really liked.  But I'd think I'd be even better if I got fit for a set - but am unsure if any of the big fitting outfits out there even care to the one length crowd.  My pro just said he'd adjust the lie etc once I got them, but wasn't much help to figuring out what would be best - just too different for him.  So I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with that. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero
3W, 7W Titelist TS2
4H, 5H; 6I-U Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black
ER7  or Scotty Futura X 

OnCore Elixr