Delete

Guest Delete

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are raising the grip then the putter isn't correctly fit.  You can be eyes over the ball and not be hunched over.   100% incorrect statement.  It may be what works for you.   Eyes over t

Putting has been the best part of my game for about 3 or 4 years now.  It's the part I work on the most, so no coincidence there 🙂   I was fit by the Tour fitter at PING last year, my eyes were slight

There is no one-size-fits-all in golf. Get some lessons, get a fitting, or experiment until you find something that works, but at the end of the day - just do what works best for you.

My eyes are definitely directly over the ball. Easier to line up the putter that way.

• Like 2

:mizuno-small: ST-Z w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60g

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W w/ Project X Velocity 6.0 53g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-PW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60 W/ DG S200

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

37 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

It's going to be tough being a good putter if your eyes aren't over the ball

Wrong. I do putt with my eyes over the ball and with a slightly open stance. I'm a good putter. I also pay play regularly with a friend who has a most unusual putting style - eyes everywhere but over the ball. I don't even like watching him setup and such. But... he's a great putter.

Like most of us know.... nothing matters except that split-second moment of truth with each stroke and with any club.

• Like 5

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Eyes over the ball, but I'm not hunched over.  If you are, get fit for your putter.  I did at Ping HQ.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I’ve been practicing keeping my eyes inside, above the heel of the putter. I may need to flatten my putter a tad.

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

Eyes over the ball for me and I don’t believe I’m hunched over.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

My eyes are just inside the ball, the ball just forward of center

• Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 3,4, & 5 -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS and SW bent to 52 Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 56*  Stock shaft.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I putt with my eyes just inside the ball.  I used to find that when I stood with my eyes directly over the ball that I would pull all of my putts.  Supposedly, when you stand with your eyes over the ball and then turn your head to look at the hole, it makes you think that the hole is more to the left than it really is.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Irons: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* and Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 Blue Ion 54*

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

7 minutes ago, Pingistheanser said:

Supposedly, when you stand with your eyes over the ball and then turn your head to look at the hole, it makes you think that the hole is more to the left than it really is.

It is called Parallax error and could cause the hole to look more left or right.   By adjusting your setup,  you can work to make your eyes see the line correctly.  

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

It is called Parallax error and could cause the hole to look more left or right.   By adjusting your setup,  you can work to make your eyes see the line correctly.  

This is exactly correct.  Eyes over ball does not necessarily mean you will be lining up properly.  Watch the txg putter fitting video with Gareth Raflewski.    Mat actually saw the line better when he was slightly inside.

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

• Guests
Guest Delete
On 5/2/2020 at 5:53 PM, BMart519 said:

Eyes inside the line, but I average 35 putts/round. So take it for what it's worth. 

Delete

Edited by Delete
Delete
  • Guests
Guest Delete
On 5/2/2020 at 7:19 PM, Pingistheanser said:

I putt with my eyes just inside the ball.  I used to find that when I stood with my eyes directly over the ball that I would pull all of my putts.  Supposedly, when you stand with your eyes over the ball and then turn your head to look at the hole, it makes you think that the hole is more to the left than it really is.

Delete

Edited by Delete
Delete
12 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Eyes inside the line, but I average 35 putts/round. So take it for what it's worth. 

9 hours ago, TimoTe said:

That's me!!! I average 34-35 putts a round

Since you are hitting 18 greens a round, those are fantastic numbers. 😁

• Haha 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

This is exactly correct.  Eyes over ball does not necessarily mean you will be lining up properly.  Watch the txg putter fitting video with Gareth Raflewski.    Mat actually saw the line better when he was slightly inside.

A while back I saw a video that Seemore did about that.  To be fair, there was a time when I stood with my eyes over the ball because thats what used to be taught.  It was believed that by having your eyes over the ball, you could use your mind to draw a line from the ball to the hole.  The only problem is that unless you stand directly over the ball and your sightlight is at a 90 degree angle to the ground, when you turn your head to look at the hole, you cant draw a straight line from the ball to the hole.  It makes sense when you think about it.

I saw an episode of Playing Lessons With The Pros with Rory a while back where he showed that he trains with a putting mirror in order to ensure that he is just inside the ball.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Irons: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* and Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 Blue Ion 54*

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Over the ball for me, looking at a dimple at the edge of the ball closest to my putter.

After you set up to the ball, do you all look at the cup again? I read the line from the cup back to my putter to make sure it's what I want after I set up.

• Like 1

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

Over the ball for me, looking at a dimple at the edge of the ball closest to my putter.
After you set up to the ball, do you all look at the cup again? I read the line from the cup back to my putter to make sure it's what I want after I set up.

Yup, I definitely take a second look B4 pulling the trigger. Never a 3rd, don’t want to overthink it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Inside the ball and two instructors ive done shirt game work had me setup this way. 

lots of work with putting mirror to get comfortable and make sure alignment is good

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1