Guest Delete

Delete

Our Sponsors

I've found behind and just back of the ball works best for me. My instructor said the same thing.

On 5/28/2020 at 6:00 AM, Headhammer said:

I used to think they were over the ball till I got a putting mirror and realized they were way ahead of the ball. Have worked on a consistent set-up to now get directly over the ball.

For those that don't have a putting mirror, I've seen IG videos where golfers take their putting stance, put a ball up to space between their eyes and just drop it. That should tell you where your eyes are.

For myself, I think I am too over the ball. But it's also the only way I get a more straight through putting stroke that does not wiggle and waggle.

For myself, I think I am too over the ball. But it's also the only way I get a more straight through putting stroke that does not wiggle and waggle.

Why do you want to try and have a SBST stroke?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Why do you want to try and have a SBST stroke?

It's not so much SBST that I am looking for, but just a smoother stroke, whether it's arched to SBST. And I can only do that when I am more hunched over, and eyes outside the target line.

If I move my eyes directly on top, or inside the line, I have a harder time getting it to start back smoothly. The putter head bobbles and everything. Maybe weak wrist? I don't know.

I have a line on my ball. I line up the ball to the intended direction. I align the center line of my putter with the line on the ball. Eyes just inside the ball. Straight back and straight thru. Keep my head down until a second or two after impact. Look up to watch the ball to see that the line runs end over end on the ball as it travels toward the cup. If it does I know I made a good stroke.

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Wilson D200 R Flex (5 - Gap)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"