TESTERS WANTED! ×

Favorite Grips

Pkkenny88

For sentimental value alone, this is going to be my all time favorite grip.  It doesn't have anything to do with on course performance.  Matter of fact it's the only MCC grip I own.

20200622_165649.jpg

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

• 2 weeks later...

I am playing the GP MCC plus 4 with align technology and I love them! The little “rib” they use for the align part just gives me a good confidence boost.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On 5/26/2020 at 2:15 PM, B.Boston said:

I’m thinking about giving the Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap or GolfPride CP2 Wrap or Pro a try over the Crossline’s this time.

Any of you guys use those?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got the CP2 wrap on my new irons (Maverik Pro’s) in January.  Liked them so much I put it on my new driver (PXG gen 2 X) and after 2 rounds on the driver extremely happy.  Whenever I replace the wedges they will have the CP2 wrap also. 
After hitting a couple shots with my irons during our indoor league, my friend is getting his irons re-gripped with the CP2’s also.  

PXG gen2X, 10.5, Adila NV nxt 65s

Tour Edge CBX 3t 16.5, HZDUS Yellow 6.0S

3&4 hybrid Cobra AmpCell S shaft

5-PW Callaway Mavrik Pro, Project X LZ 105 6.0

GW&SW Cobra AmpCell TT Dynalite 90 S

60 Bettinardi forged, TT Gold S200

Srixon ZStar

I got the CP2 wrap on my new irons (Maverik Pro’s) in January.  Liked them so much I put it on my new driver (PXG gen 2 X) and after 2 rounds on the driver extremely happy.  Whenever I replace the wedges they will have the CP2 wrap also. 
After hitting a couple shots with my irons during our indoor league, my friend is getting his irons re-gripped with the CP2’s also.  

Nice! I went with the Sonar Grips for the Cobra Connect Challenge so I’ll really get to see how I feel about them. Supposed to be similar to the CP2 where it’s comfortable but resists twisting.

Hopefully I’ll have that stuff soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Word to the wise, be very careful if you buy grips on eBay. I got a bunch of counterfeit GP MCC and apparently they're all over eBay. That will teach me a lesson. They aren't nearly as soft, the align rib is really slick and the logos are just a hair off. 

I'll be transitioning to the Lamkin Genesis because it's just a hair softer/tackier than the GP Z Cord. I'll just buy some rib strips on Golf Works and make my own ribbed grips. The genesis is currently on the TM wedges but I want them on all my irons. They feel great. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Plain old Lamkin Crosslines, round, non-cord. The model that has been around since the Stone Age.

Boring, yes, but they last a super long time (even sitting in my hot car for most of the summer) and have always worked for me.

About the most complimentary thing I can say about a grip is when I never have to give them a single thought. 

I had always played the Golf Pride MCC in assorted colors. This year I had switched to the CP2 Pro and I really didn't like them after about 12 rounds.  So I went to Golf Pride's website, since I didn't want to get swindled ( @txgolfjunkie), and picked up some of the new Team Color grips.  All black MCCs for the wedges, Red/White for short/mid irons, and Blue/White for long irons. 

It feels good to be back into a firmer, cord grip.  The CP2 Pro seemed too mushy and slick in my hands if it was warm at all outside. 

Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9* Stock. 3-Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero, 15*. Hybrid: Sub70 949x Pro 19*. Irons: Taylormade rac LT 3-PW. Wedges: Vokey F-Grind 52*, 58*. Putter: Rife 2-Bar Blade Putter.  Pro V1

Plain old Lamkin Crosslines, round, non-cord. The model that has been around since the Stone Age.
Boring, yes, but they last a super long time (even sitting in my hot car for most of the summer) and have always worked for me.
About the most complimentary thing I can say about a grip is when I never have to give them a single thought. 

I got hooked on the crosslines 5-6 years ago and I think you nailed it. It’s not that there’s anything special about them. They just work. And for the price it’s hard to beat the durability.

Now I went with the sonar grip for the #COBRACONNECT challenege just go try something different. We shall see if they dethrone the crosslines for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a GP MCC +4 guy and I love the align grips, I had them put on my driver and 3W awhile back and next regrip they are going on everything

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I recently changed to Lamkin TS1 Black/Red Midsize and I really like them.  

s-l500__1_.jpg

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Has anyone used the Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid grips? I'm looking at them as an alternative to the MCC+4's. 

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

:mizuno-small: ST 200 3w 15°, Diamana S+ 60 S

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:taylormade-small: P770 (2017) 4-PW, KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour S

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Tour velvet midsized for me. I have tried some other ones over the years, but I keep coming back

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

MCC Plus 4.....Surprised how much I liked these grips from the start.

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro