Our Sponsors

Have any forum members considered recently or otherwise: To only buy (or start buying) equipment made in America or sourced from friendly - responsible - trading partners? I'll lead off...

My answer is Yes! Keep in mind that heads, shafts, grips, etc might only be "assembled" in America and probably are. So where do all the various components for your clubs come from? Does it matter to you? It does to me and going forward I'll be looking at my options. For example my putter is made in America/Texas by Edel. Everything else including my bag is probably sourced elsewhere. Ok... I think titleist and bridgestone balls are made in America. Aren't Sub7 for example made entirely in the USA? What others are there?

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

As much as I'm for supporting US manufacturing, I'd never use that as a basis for making purchase decisions - not for golf at least. That said, I do love the fact that my Bridgestone golf balls are made in the USA!

• Like 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

I wouldn’t exclusively buy made in America but do support and purchase things made here.

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

I try to support made in America when it makes sense.  Its not practical or realistic for all things though.  I think that a lot of people who preach about buying made in the USA also have no problem doing things like buying cheap meat at Wal-Mart instead of shopping small and shopping local.

IMO, a lot look at where their hard goods come from but dont consider so much buying from local butcher shops or farmer's markets, nor do they look at buying their foods from sources that are ethical, humane or sustainable.

When it comes to golf, I like supporting made in USA when I can, although its getting to be harder and harder.  Im now to the point where I like trying to support golf companies that are based in the US at least.  For me, that means trying to support companies like Callaway and Ping when possible, although Mizuno and Bridgestone have a huge prescence and operations in the US, even though they are Japanese companies.

As someone who works for Honda and has loved Japanese cars for the past 35 years, I know all about how much Japanese companies have invested in building their products here in the US.

• Like 8

Whats in my Top-Flite Gamer 2019 cart bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Hybrid: Top-Flite Gamer 2020 22*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5-PW

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized Black Chrome 52*, Tommy Armour VCG 56*, Wilson Harmonized 60* and Wilson Harmonized chipper

Putter: Pinemeadow PGX SL

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Will do as much made in America as possible but with golf that’s pretty hard. Most products are manufactured overseas and shipped here.

ive always played titleist with some other brands mixed in here and there so that won’t be a problem

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I don't believe there's a titanium smelter/foundry in the US so good luck.

At least Titleist, Callaway, and Bridgestone have their ball plants in America.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 2

While I'm a big supporter of USA made products, there occasionally is a quandary. For instance let's say you just went through a fitting and hands down offshore made products came in at the top of the list for dispersion and distance. The lone USA product was a distant last. Which do you buy given the price is the same?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

29 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Most products are manufactured overseas and shipped here.

Oh, I guess overseas means places like England, Switzerland or Spain. Places like that? I've heard that's where most of the golf equipment is made. Well... perhaps Callaway, Cobra, Ping , and other US based companies will bring their Mfg. back to the US where it should be. Might cost a little more but it'd be worth it. Right? And think of all the new jobs created. That'd be good too.

• Like 4

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Interesting topic. I can honestly say I've really never giver a thought as to where things were made, I was always looking at what was the best for my game. With this virus thing going on it may be time to do some research.....When looking for new clubs last year I did go with Ping due to the fact that they're in Arizona and their customer service is excellent. 

Chris

Far and Sure......

:ping-small:G410 SFT (10.5 degree), Project X Hzrdus Yellow Stiff Shaft

:ping-small:: G20 4W

:ping-small:: G410 5W

:ping-small::  G20    5H

:ping-small:: G410 5 thru UW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*  

:wilson_staff_small: PMP FG Tour 60*                                                        

:cleveland-small:; TFi 2135 1.0 Putter

:bridgestone-small: e12 soft

:skycaddie: Touch

Bat Caddy X3 Electric Bag Cart

1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

Oh, I guess overseas means places like England, Switzerland or Spain. Places like that? I've heard that's where most of the golf equipment is made. Well... perhaps Callaway, Cobra, Ping , and other US based companies will bring their Mfg. back to the US where it should be. Might cost a little more but it'd be worth it. Right? And think of all the new jobs created. That'd be good too.

It’s not as easy as that. They need to find place to manufacturer the clubs, transfer the molds from overseas, then convince shaft companies to do the same, train, hire staff to do the work. 

As much as I would like to see it the undertaking by a company to do it is a lot. We see people on here and other forums or social media complaining about the price of clubs. Imagine the cheapest clubs being $1200-1300. How many brands would lose business. 

• Like 3

Don’t even get me started on this topic but yes, I will pay a lot of attention as to where products are made moving forward.

• Like 2

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Probably not going to go out if my way to do so. If it is then it’s a plus

• Like 2

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

There are smaller companies that are looking at sourcing parts in the country. Groove it brush is a vet owned company that currently sources in China but are looking at moving here. There was another small company I saw that was doing the same but don’t recall who it was.

Ive seen other companies in the fitness realm looking to source here. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

I'd be all for US companies bringing manufacturing back to the states - who knows, it may even be possible after seeing the disruptions caused by COVID. But... it's going to require changes in expectations - either what consumers are willing to pay, or what workers are willing to earn. Either way, there are numerous other pieces to the puzzle that will impede any progress (i.e. if workers are going to earn less, then how will that impact their ability to afford housing and food among other essentials? If consumers pay more, how will that impact consumer demand and will there even be enough interest to keep operations running?). These are just the things I could quickly think of off the top of my head - many, many other things to be considered.

• Like 5

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

32 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I'd be all for US companies bringing manufacturing back to the states - who knows, it may even be possible after seeing the disruptions caused by COVID. But... it's going to require changes in expectations - either what consumers are willing to pay, or what workers are willing to earn. Either way, there are numerous other pieces to the puzzle that will impede any progress (i.e. if workers are going to earn less, then how will that impact their ability to afford housing and food among other essentials? If consumers pay more, how will that impact consumer demand and will there even be enough interest to keep operations running?). These are just the things I could quickly think of off the top of my head - many, many other things to be considered.

Lots of unknowns when starting fresh in a new place. The cost of moving the machinery here is probably as expensive as making it all new plus the disruption in product while the relocation occurs will impact everything. 

• Like 1

I’d be willing to pay a little more if companies would simply NOT produce in Communist/Dictatorial countries. Hundreds of other locations are feasible without helping these governments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

13 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Don’t even get me started on this topic but yes, I will pay a lot of attention as to where products are made moving forward.

I think we all will. BTW don't look at the content of your car and where the products were made AND assembled. For instance a lot of connectors are made here (re: Dephi0 but shipped to China where they are assembled onto a wire harness and then shipped back to be installed in your car. 

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I try to purchase USA made products when possible and avoid anything made in China.

• Like 2

Retired Army aviator. 2 Vietnam tours flying Hueys.

17 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Will do as much made in America as possible but with golf that’s pretty hard. Most products are manufactured overseas and shipped here.

ive always played titleist with some other brands mixed in here and there so that won’t be a problem

That's my understanding too, little is made here anymore outside $$$$ boutique products. All else equal I'd buy American, with almost any product. But in reality that doesn't happen often, I often have one clear favorite vs two equals, certainly when it comes to golf equipment. FWIW my putter is made in the US, but it's the only club in my bag, and I didn't choose based on where it was made.

I would love to play ProV1's exclusively, but the premium is just too much, and those aren't all made in the USA anymore anyway (some from Plant 4 Thailand). Are there any golf balls made exclusively in the US anymore?

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)

4 minutes ago, Middler said:

That's my understanding too, little is made here anymore outside $$$$ boutique products. All else equal I'd buy American, but I doubt that could really happen - I almost always have one clear favorite vs two equals. FWIW my putter is made in the US, but it's the only club in my bag, and I didn't choose based on where it was made.

I would love to play ProV1's exclusively, but the premium is just too much, and those aren't all made in the USA anymore anyway. Are there any golf balls made exclusively in the US anymore?

Bridgestone makes their balls in USA. Callaway supposedly does. For the Prov1 they do have a non US plant but And it’s not in China, that is to help with inventory and distribution. You can look at the box and see where they were made if you buy in store. I buy my prov1s during the loyalty offer and since they are also personalized they come from the US

• Like 1