Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Riding solo has made me a better player, I think??

So in this "pandemic" we have to ride solo or walk, at first I thought, this was going to be a rough way to play! But now I feel that I am playing better and more focused, anyone else feel this way? I have walked more than normal and actually enjoy it. May be the best shape I have been in since collage as well.

Thoughts? 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5° with ADiZ 8

:callaway-small:X-Forged Irons KBS C-Taper 2i-PW

:callaway-small:Mac Daddy Wedges 54° 58° 64°

:scotty-small:New Port 2

:Snell:MTB-X

Lay ups are for basketball!

2i is my fav club!  

I agree that it keeps me a little bit more focused on the round you are involved with, but I also love the competition of playing with others. If someone in your group is playing good, you want to step up your game and play better.

My problem with playing by myself is that I tend to hit multiple shots after my main ball I’m playing, making the round longer. It’s great practice with trying different shot shapes, playing with risk/reward, etc. So instead of being focused in on my one ball, I end up playing multiple balls and getting a lot of practice in.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I would have to agree with you 100%. since this all happened and I started walking more instead of taking a cart I find that the time that I'm walking to my ball and gives me time to focus on what I'm doing instead of messing around with friends. It is also made me less frustrated with bad shots which is kind of weird because I think about it I have time to get over at my head and focus on what the next shot is going to be. From now on I'm going to walk as often as I can even after all this crazy stuff is over.

Focus is the word. If I’m riding with friends and it’s social, we’re talking about everything besides golf.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I agree it gives me some more mental clarity, and not having to look for or think about my partners next shot gets me to focus strictly on mine. More often than not however I really enjoy the comraderie of being with a good buddy with some music on and some drinks flowing. Riding solo doesn't have that same feel as seeing one anothers shot up close and its a little harder to give feedback to each other and talk about the hole if we're farther apart. I totally get what you mean though, depends on who i am playing with and what type of round were having though! 

On 5/3/2020 at 3:00 PM, Borts64 said:

So in this "pandemic" we have to ride solo or walk, at first I thought, this was going to be a rough way to play! But now I feel that I am playing better and more focused, anyone else feel this way? I have walked more than normal and actually enjoy it. May be the best shape I have been in since collage as well.

Thoughts? 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5° with ADiZ 8

:callaway-small:X-Forged Irons KBS C-Taper 2i-PW

:callaway-small:Mac Daddy Wedges 54° 58° 64°

:scotty-small:New Port 2

:Snell:MTB-X

Lay ups are for basketball!

2i is my fav club!  

I always felt that I play better when playing alone, hence why I enjoy playing at fist light a lot, there is no one else on the course and I can really get into a groove of playing.

I haven't had a chance to play yet, however I did take my push card and clubs for a walk over the nature trail by my house, I cant swing a club until the doctor says I am clear, but I can push the cart for a couple miles, I got say it felt great, hopefully I get the all clear for the doctor next week,

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg