DuffDaddyKev

Good Value Rangefinder / GPS

Our Sponsors

I've always struggled gauging distances and really want to hone in on where I can hit each club. Any recommendations on good value/budget rangefinders or GPS devices? I know that the MGS team said the Inesis Rangefinder is a good value. I really like the idea of the SkyCaddie, so anyone know where I can find a used or older model?

Posted (edited)

Costco carries a Caddy Tek with great reviews on this site and Costco's site. I believe it has slope and is $130.

Spoiler

Edited by Titleist87
  • Like 1

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ Aldila  DVS

:macgregor-small: MT 3W Aldila DVS

:titelist-small: 915H3 Diamana

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro Apex 4

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S

:titelist-small: Cameron Studio Design #5

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

Look at TecTecTec. Good range finder and excellent customer service.

They have two models, with and without slope. Available on Amazon.

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Sub 70 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"

I found a Nikon LRF with slope - new and with 5 year warranty for 159. on eBay with free shipping.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

10 hours ago, DuffDaddyKev said:

I've always struggled gauging distances and really want to hone in on where I can hit each club. Any recommendations on good value/budget rangefinders or GPS devices? I know that the MGS team said the Inesis Rangefinder is a good value. I really like the idea of the SkyCaddie, so anyone know where I can find a used or older model?

I've not heard a bad thing said about the Decathlon rangefinder. Could be worth a look.

:cobra-small:            Cobra F9 10.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

:srixon-small:                     H85 16° and 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

:mizuno-small:                    MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 51°, 8° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 55°, 9° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 59°, 9° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:yes-small:                         Tracy 33"

:bridgestone-small:      Tour BX

When it comes to value in a quality range finder, it's hard to look past @PrecisionProGolf   They are on here from time to time, and I'm sure would let you know of any specials that might be going on or answering any questions.

I have had the NX7 myself, and it did everything you need it to.   They also offer a lifetime battery replacement, at  least I think they still do.

As for SkyCaddie, I have the SX500 and have enjoyed it as well.   Can't go wrong with either brand. 

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

When it comes to value in a quality range finder, it's hard to look past @PrecisionProGolf   They are on here from time to time, and I'm sure would let you know of any specials that might be going on or answering any questions.

I have had the NX7 myself, and it did everything you need it to.   They also offer a lifetime battery replacement, at  least I think they still do.

As for SkyCaddie, I have the SX500 and have enjoyed it as well.   Can't go wrong with either brand. 

I saw @PrecisionProGolf mentioned in another thread and the products and they look incredible. I haven’t found a bad review out there. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for any specials. Not sure if I want the slope or not at this point in time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DuffDaddyKev said:

I saw @PrecisionProGolf mentioned in another thread and the products and they look incredible. I haven’t found a bad review out there. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for any specials. Not sure if I want the slope or not at this point in time. 

I had the non slope and honestly, I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.  I've had the slope feature on a Bushnell and I really don't know how accurate it is or if it made much of a difference. 

Good luck, with it.  Also PP is has very good customer service.  

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I saw [mention=78337]PrecisionProGolf[/mention] mentioned in another thread and the products and they look incredible. I haven’t found a bad review out there. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for any specials. Not sure if I want the slope or not at this point in time. 

Every one of their lasers are on sale right now. I just bought the NX7 Pro and it’s as good as any Bushnell I’ve had. You can’t go wrong with PP.
Plus, if a new model comes out, you can trade-in on the new one. NO one else does this!!!
  • Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

Every one of their lasers are on sale right now. I just bought the NX7 Pro and it’s as good as any Bushnell I’ve had. You can’t go wrong with PP.
Plus, if a new model comes out, you can trade-in on the new one. NO one else does this!!!

The ability to trade in for a new model is awesome! Saw the sale and just bought the NX7 Pro too. As a first time rangefinder user, I'm really excited! Thanks for the feedback everyone

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DuffDaddyKev said:

I want  reliable distance out to 370 yards. That is the sum of my driver plus my pitching wedge (250+120 yards).

Before buying my present GPS, I decided to check out laser rangefinders under $150.

I bought and tried three , one after the other:

• CaddyView v2
  • Suaoki PF3
  • Lofthouse ProScope 400x

The best of those was the ProScope 400X.

None of them could pick up a flag reliably at even 200 yards.   They all always gave me a reading, but it wasn’t always right.  Consequently, I found myself overshooting the green all too frequently.  I don’t need "help" like that! If interested, you can read my Customer Reviews for each of those at Amazon (under the name O’Falahan).

(FYI, the pins at most of the courses I play do not have retro reflectors).

I ended up returning all three and buying a Bushnell Neo Ghost GPS.  I’m glad I did.  It is a compact, no-nonsense GPS that gives me everything I need and it's faster for me than fiddling with a rangefinder. It’s not my first GPS, but it is by far my favorite.  Previously I owned the following:

• Original SkyCaddie
  • Callaway uPRO
  • Garmin Approach G8

The ability to trade in for a new model is awesome! Saw the sale and just bought the NX7 Pro too. As a first time rangefinder user, I'm really excited! Thanks for the feedback everyone

FYI, the new model was supposed to be on their site last week, and ship this week. Within the 90 period of your purchase, as long as you bought it through them or one of their retailers (keep the receipt), they will apply the FULL amount you paid toward the new model. Once outside the 90 days, then 30% is taken-off the price of the new model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PMookie said:

FYI, the new model was supposed to be on their site last week, and ship this week. Within the 90 period of your purchase, as long as you bought it through them or one of their retailers (keep the receipt), they will apply the FULL amount you paid toward the new model. Once outside the 90 days, then 30% is taken-off the price of the new model.

Are you referring to this one? And I bought mine through Amazon, so I'm assuming that would count for trade-in.

Are you referring to this one? And I bought mine through Amazon, so I'm assuming that would count for trade-in.

No, there’s just an “NX9 Slope” coming out, no “HD”. It’s going to be $269.

My wife has a Precision Pro laser, and I have the Bushnell Phantom GPS. On our last trip out a friend who was in our foursome stated that he thought out laser was about 10 yards off, but that the Phantom was correct. I recently changed the battery in the laser so maybe I need to read my instructions and see if it needs to be calibrated or reset or something.  

They are both extremely easy to use and I think if it gets me to within 10 yards of the hole, with MY skill set, I am am doing fine.

And also, I have only had to change the battery in the laser once since we bought two years ago. The rechargeable battery in the Phantom lasts three rounds.

Hit em straight friends

ksted

• driver: Ping G400
  • 3 wood: Ping G400
  • 5 wood: Ping G400
  • hybrid: Cobra F8
  • irons: Ping G400 4-gw
  • wedges: Cleveland CBX 50, 54, 58
  • putter: Taylormade Patina Del Monte
  • balls:  Srixon Q Star Tour

For $130 you can't go wrong with the Caddy Tek from Costco.  I'm on my second one (first was stolen).  Yardages are accurate, it's got pin-seeker and slope plus some magnification.  I don't see spending hundreds on a higher end one.

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G410+  9° Stiff
:cobra-small:  F9 3W
:ping-small:  i210 4-Pw Stiff
:ping-small:  3H
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52, 56, 60
:ping-small: Sigma
:srixon-small: Zstar

My wife has a Precision Pro laser, and I have the Bushnell Phantom GPS. On our last trip out a friend who was in our foursome stated that he thought out laser was about 10 yards off, but that the Phantom was correct. I recently changed the battery in the laser so maybe I need to read my instructions and see if it needs to be calibrated or reset or something.  
They are both extremely easy to use and I think if it gets me to within 10 yards of the hole, with MY skill set, I am am doing fine.
And also, I have only had to change the battery in the laser once since we bought two years ago. The rechargeable battery in the Phantom lasts three rounds.
Hit em straight friends

Who's to say his wasn't off 10 yds.

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Try MGGolf’s rangefinder(2 models) both for under $120. I have one (MG600S) and it works great.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

23 hours ago, TimoTe said:

I bought this one on Amazon 2 and a half years ago and it works great. I paid $109 then and it's only $79.99 now. 

It has a flag finding feature and slope. I couldn't find a better deal and have been surprised at the quality for the price. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075Q6SSMJ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_KXXYEbK523EJZ

Does it vibrate when it locks on to the pin?  Thanks in advance!

Driver:  Taylormade '16 9.5* M1 Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH

3 Wood: Cobra F7 14.5 Degree Aldila DVS Fairway 75X

5 Wood: Taylormade R15 17 degree Fujikura Speeder 67 S

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2