TESTERS WANTED! ×

Good Value Rangefinder / GPS

I've always struggled gauging distances and really want to hone in on where I can hit each club. Any recommendations on good value/budget rangefinders or GPS devices? I know that the MGS team said the Inesis Rangefinder is a good value. I really like the idea of the SkyCaddie, so anyone know where I can find a used or older model?

Costco carries a Caddy Tek with great reviews on this site and Costco's site. I believe it has slope and is $130.

Spoiler

Edited by Titleist87

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

Look at TecTecTec. Good range finder and excellent customer service.

They have two models, with and without slope. Available on Amazon.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I found a Nikon LRF with slope - new and with 5 year warranty for 159. on eBay with free shipping.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 hours ago, DuffDaddyKev said:

I've always struggled gauging distances and really want to hone in on where I can hit each club. Any recommendations on good value/budget rangefinders or GPS devices? I know that the MGS team said the Inesis Rangefinder is a good value. I really like the idea of the SkyCaddie, so anyone know where I can find a used or older model?

I've not heard a bad thing said about the Decathlon rangefinder. Could be worth a look.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

When it comes to value in a quality range finder, it's hard to look past @PrecisionProGolf   They are on here from time to time, and I'm sure would let you know of any specials that might be going on or answering any questions.

I have had the NX7 myself, and it did everything you need it to.   They also offer a lifetime battery replacement, at  least I think they still do.

As for SkyCaddie, I have the SX500 and have enjoyed it as well.   Can't go wrong with either brand. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

When it comes to value in a quality range finder, it's hard to look past @PrecisionProGolf   They are on here from time to time, and I'm sure would let you know of any specials that might be going on or answering any questions.

I have had the NX7 myself, and it did everything you need it to.   They also offer a lifetime battery replacement, at  least I think they still do.

As for SkyCaddie, I have the SX500 and have enjoyed it as well.   Can't go wrong with either brand. 

I saw @PrecisionProGolf mentioned in another thread and the products and they look incredible. I haven’t found a bad review out there. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for any specials. Not sure if I want the slope or not at this point in time. 

1 minute ago, DuffDaddyKev said:

I saw @PrecisionProGolf mentioned in another thread and the products and they look incredible. I haven’t found a bad review out there. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for any specials. Not sure if I want the slope or not at this point in time. 

I had the non slope and honestly, I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.  I've had the slope feature on a Bushnell and I really don't know how accurate it is or if it made much of a difference. 

Good luck, with it.  Also PP is has very good customer service.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I saw [mention=78337]PrecisionProGolf[/mention] mentioned in another thread and the products and they look incredible. I haven’t found a bad review out there. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for any specials. Not sure if I want the slope or not at this point in time. 

Every one of their lasers are on sale right now. I just bought the NX7 Pro and it’s as good as any Bushnell I’ve had. You can’t go wrong with PP.
Plus, if a new model comes out, you can trade-in on the new one. NO one else does this!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

Every one of their lasers are on sale right now. I just bought the NX7 Pro and it’s as good as any Bushnell I’ve had. You can’t go wrong with PP.
Plus, if a new model comes out, you can trade-in on the new one. NO one else does this!!!

The ability to trade in for a new model is awesome! Saw the sale and just bought the NX7 Pro too. As a first time rangefinder user, I'm really excited! Thanks for the feedback everyone

23 hours ago, DuffDaddyKev said:

I want  reliable distance out to 370 yards. That is the sum of my driver plus my pitching wedge (250+120 yards).

Before buying my present GPS, I decided to check out laser rangefinders under $150.

I bought and tried three , one after the other:

• CaddyView v2
  • Suaoki PF3
  • Lofthouse ProScope 400x

The best of those was the ProScope 400X.

None of them could pick up a flag reliably at even 200 yards.   They all always gave me a reading, but it wasn’t always right.  Consequently, I found myself overshooting the green all too frequently.  I don’t need "help" like that! If interested, you can read my Customer Reviews for each of those at Amazon (under the name O’Falahan).

(FYI, the pins at most of the courses I play do not have retro reflectors).

I ended up returning all three and buying a Bushnell Neo Ghost GPS.  I’m glad I did.  It is a compact, no-nonsense GPS that gives me everything I need and it's faster for me than fiddling with a rangefinder. It’s not my first GPS, but it is by far my favorite.  Previously I owned the following:

• Original SkyCaddie
  • Callaway uPRO
  • Garmin Approach G8

The ability to trade in for a new model is awesome! Saw the sale and just bought the NX7 Pro too. As a first time rangefinder user, I'm really excited! Thanks for the feedback everyone

FYI, the new model was supposed to be on their site last week, and ship this week. Within the 90 period of your purchase, as long as you bought it through them or one of their retailers (keep the receipt), they will apply the FULL amount you paid toward the new model. Once outside the 90 days, then 30% is taken-off the price of the new model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

39 minutes ago, PMookie said:

FYI, the new model was supposed to be on their site last week, and ship this week. Within the 90 period of your purchase, as long as you bought it through them or one of their retailers (keep the receipt), they will apply the FULL amount you paid toward the new model. Once outside the 90 days, then 30% is taken-off the price of the new model.

Are you referring to this one? And I bought mine through Amazon, so I'm assuming that would count for trade-in.

Are you referring to this one? And I bought mine through Amazon, so I'm assuming that would count for trade-in.

No, there’s just an “NX9 Slope” coming out, no “HD”. It’s going to be $269.

My wife has a Precision Pro laser, and I have the Bushnell Phantom GPS. On our last trip out a friend who was in our foursome stated that he thought out laser was about 10 yards off, but that the Phantom was correct. I recently changed the battery in the laser so maybe I need to read my instructions and see if it needs to be calibrated or reset or something.  

They are both extremely easy to use and I think if it gets me to within 10 yards of the hole, with MY skill set, I am am doing fine.

And also, I have only had to change the battery in the laser once since we bought two years ago. The rechargeable battery in the Phantom lasts three rounds.

Hit em straight friends

ksted

• driver: Ping G410 plus
  • 3 wood: Ping G400
  • 5 wood: Ping G400
  • hybrid: Cobra F8
  • irons: Ping G400 4-gw
  • wedges: Ping G400 U 50, Cleveland RTX4 56, Zipcore 60
  • putter: Evnroll ER2
  • balls:  Srixon Q Star Tour/Titleist Tour Soft

For $130 you can't go wrong with the Caddy Tek from Costco.  I'm on my second one (first was stolen).  Yardages are accurate, it's got pin-seeker and slope plus some magnification.  I don't see spending hundreds on a higher end one.

:ping-small:  G410+  9° Stiff
:cobra-small:  F9 3W
:ping-small:  i210 4-Pw Stiff
:ping-small:  3H
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52, 56, 60
:ping-small: Sigma
:srixon-small: Zstar

My wife has a Precision Pro laser, and I have the Bushnell Phantom GPS. On our last trip out a friend who was in our foursome stated that he thought out laser was about 10 yards off, but that the Phantom was correct. I recently changed the battery in the laser so maybe I need to read my instructions and see if it needs to be calibrated or reset or something.  
They are both extremely easy to use and I think if it gets me to within 10 yards of the hole, with MY skill set, I am am doing fine.
And also, I have only had to change the battery in the laser once since we bought two years ago. The rechargeable battery in the Phantom lasts three rounds.
Hit em straight friends

Who's to say his wasn't off 10 yds.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 2 weeks later...

Try MGGolf’s rangefinder(2 models) both for under $120. I have one (MG600S) and it works great.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

23 hours ago, TimoTe said:

I bought this one on Amazon 2 and a half years ago and it works great. I paid $109 then and it's only $79.99 now. 

It has a flag finding feature and slope. I couldn't find a better deal and have been surprised at the quality for the price. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075Q6SSMJ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_KXXYEbK523EJZ

Does it vibrate when it locks on to the pin?  Thanks in advance!

Driver:  Taylormade '16 9.5* M1 Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH

3 Wood: Cobra F7 14.5 Degree Aldila DVS Fairway 75X

5 Wood: Taylormade R15 17 degree Fujikura Speeder 67 S

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2

• Guests
Guest Delete
57 minutes ago, Clay10Co9 said:

Does it vibrate when it locks on to the pin?  Thanks in advance!

Yes! It has that feature. And slope

• 1 year later...

I've had a Mileseey PF210 Pro rangefinder for over a year and really like it.  It has slope (with an on/off button), flag lock and vibration notification in a compact package.  It acquires its target quickly and is accurate when I compare it with my playing partners' higher priced and more recognized models.  I saw on eBay the exact model I have delivered free from Mileseey for $99.99 with an additional 12% off.  For $88 it's a great deal.  Their updated PF260 model (2021 model year) has USB and rechargeable battery plus built-in magnet mounting on the cart for $94.  Both are very good values.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

There are more than 10 FREE golf apps with GPS available for anyone with an Android or iPhone AND the free USGA GHIN app has FREE GPS now. I’ve compared them to my own and friends’ Skycaddie, Garmen, Bushnell and other handheld GPS devices, EACH $100-$300, and there is NO discernible difference except for  displays. I bought a Skycaddie GPS when they first came out years ago, then a Garmen, and then a fancy Bushnell because of better displays and information. Gave them all away. If you want to spend unnecessary money, go right ahead.

Check out the TecTecTec line of range finders. I have the VPRO DLK 1K and it's the best laser range finder I have ever used, Good to 1000 yards so it's plenty strong enough to pick up a flag a lot farther out than you can hit the ball. VERY fast also. Push the button and you have your yardage before you know it/ 

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

Watch: Garmin Approach S20. Laser: Bushnell Pro XE. There is a lower priced version, just be sure you have slope.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

2 hours ago, CaptZ said:

There are more than 10 FREE golf apps with GPS available for anyone with an Android or iPhone AND the free USGA GHIN app has FREE GPS now. I’ve compared them to my own and friends’ Skycaddie, Garmen, Bushnell and other handheld GPS devices, EACH $100-$300, and there is NO discernible difference except for  displays. I bought a Skycaddie GPS when they first came out years ago, then a Garmen, and then a fancy Bushnell because of better displays and information. Gave them all away. If you want to spend unnecessary money, go right ahead.

Is this app restricted to the USA only as I’m in New Zealand?

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Look at the rangefinder on Amazon described as "AILEMON 6X Golf Range Finder, 1000/1200 Yard Laser RangeFinder with Slope Switch, Scan, Flagpole Lock, and Speed Function, Tournament Legal Golf Rangefinder."    It's  $70!   It does slope.   It charges via USB (micro usb).  I have literally charged it, like, once  or twice a year-- and I play 2 or 4 times a week.   The battery life is amazing.  I had a bushnell and a couple of other off brands and this works as good as anything I have used.   It locks on... it vibrates... it rarely misreads to background objects.   It just works.  

----------

PIng G410, 10.5 set at 9.5/  Cleveland 3+ Hy-wood (18*) / Titleist 915 7w / Callaway XR 4h / Tour Edge HL-4 5h / Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal 7i - GW / Tommy Armour 845 CB wedges (52, 56*).   Ping Sigma 2 Fetch Putter.   SkyTrak in the Garage.  

On 5/25/2020 at 7:12 AM, fozcycle said:

Try MGGolf’s rangefinder(2 models) both for under $120. I have one (MG600S) and it works great.

I've been looking at them. Do you have the one with the digital readout on the side? they were offering it for $109

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

4 hybrid-Tour Edge EXS 220

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

wedges-Sub70 JB wedges, 50, 54, 58

putter-Sub 70 FN 001 with Evenroll Gravity Grip

Ball-OnCore Elixir