New Ben Hogan Player's Iron Combo Set (pix)

Our Sponsors

I can’t wait until club champion opens and I can get fitted.  That Ben Hogan combo set looks great and perfect for me.  It’s the best of the both!!!

• Like 1

These look amazing!  Have gamed the PTx Pros for about a year and am very happy with them.  Would love to try the ICONs though.  UiHi 5 and possibly 4 are definitely on my radar.  Will be trying one as soon as it hits the demo program.

Combos look really nice, simple clean lines and aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Hogan are making amazing looking irons but there is no lefty love yet 😭

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

Gorgeous irons. Very intrigued to see how these perform. Playing a Srixon combo set right now and these have alot of similarities, and maybe even gap better. you have my attention. 

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Oban Gold
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* AD-DI 85S, Apex 23* Oban Purple
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"

I did a blended set of the PTx and Ft Worth since I ended up with both sets over time. Absolutely love them. These look fantastic

Callaway XR16 9* Aldila Tour Blue 75tx

Adams 5w 18* Aldila Tour Blue 65s

Cobra Rail-H 3h 19*

Ben Hogan PTx 22*-46* Project X 6.5

Ping Gorge Tour 50/54/58 TT TC S3

Ping Karsten 1959 B60

3 hours ago, travwhite said:

Has anyone hit the ICONs yet?  How do they feel and perform?  Any feedback compared to the Ft Worth 15's?  

I have four rounds in with the combo set - with ICONs making up the 8-9-PW end of the set. Right now my game is one big dumpster fire, so it's hard to say, but the good shots I've hit with the ICONs are very good. I wouldn't call them particularly more forgiving or longer than the Ft. Worth 15s, but they do feel terrific and they're easy to flight - when I hit them well. Right now that's maybe half the shots, but that's true of pretty much every club in the bag for me right now. 

If this keeps up I may light the whole bag on fire...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

I have four rounds in with the combo set - with ICONs making up the 8-9-PW end of the set. Right now my game is one big dumpster fire, so it's hard to say, but the good shots I've hit with the ICONs are very good. I wouldn't call them particularly more forgiving or longer than the Ft. Worth 15s, but they do feel terrific and they're easy to flight - when I hit them well. Right now that's maybe half the shots, but that's true of pretty much every club in the bag for me right now. 

If this keeps up I may light the whole bag on fire...

Thanks. I know they will be less forgiving since they are muscle backs.  I’m more interested in the feel of a solid shot and the workability.  Sounds like they pass muster in those categories.  I just can’t seem to fade my AP2’s like I want. It could be me, but I think the tungsten toe weighting might also have something to do with it. 

On 5/20/2020 at 8:25 PM, travwhite said:

Thanks. I know they will be less forgiving since they are muscle backs.  I’m more interested in the feel of a solid shot and the workability.  Sounds like they pass muster in those categories.  I just can’t seem to fade my AP2’s like I want. It could be me, but I think the tungsten toe weighting might also have something to do with it. 

The ICONs are typical of blades in that when you hit the sweet spot, they feel fantastic and they go like crazy. Easy to shape and hit either high or low. Miss the sweet spot and you'll pay a price in both feel and distance. I'm missing a lot right now, but the good shots have been really, really good. 

And I can't say enough good things about the UiHi Utility. The 22-degree is my favorite club in the bag right now - that is one awesome, easy to launch club. 

• Like 6

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

On 5/20/2020 at 12:39 PM, travwhite said:

Has anyone hit the ICONs yet?  How do they feel and perform?  Any feedback compared to the Ft Worth 15's?  

While this guy is comparing to the '99 APEX instead of the Ft. Worth, he posts some in depth thoughts on hitting a whole bag of Icons.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

16 hours ago, AmishJason said:

While this guy is comparing to the '99 APEX instead of the Ft. Worth, he posts some in depth thoughts on hitting a whole bag of Icons.

That guy is a hacker!  😆

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, RobotDoctor said:

That guy is a hacker!  😆

With my clubs only 😁

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour