Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Finding your ball after putting another in play

Let's start here: I think we all know the official, tournament answer to this question. That's not what I'm looking for.

Yesterday, I was playing a round with @Kirke. I hit a bad tee shot, blocking myself behind the woods, so that I needed to hit a hook to reach the green. Instead of a hook, I hit a dead-pull low screamer into the woods. It went a surprisingly long way in without hitting anything, then caromed off a tree. It seemed obviously lost.

So I immediately dropped another ball, hit a bad shot to the right, and tried to salvage the hole.

As I'm addressing my next shot, Kirke yells to me that there's a Srixon ZStar XV right behind the green. I hit my shot and go up to the green. Sure enough, there's the ball. Given that that's the ball I was playing, it's a virtual certainty that (somehow) my ball rocketed through the woods, off a tree, and ended up behind the green.

What do you do when this happens? For me, in a casual round (but one that I'm tracking on Arccos for my unofficial handicap), I discard the shots I'd hit and resume playing my original ball. This is obviously outside strict adherence to the rules, but I'm interested in knowing if you all do the same or not.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Let's start here: I think we all know the official, tournament answer to this question. That's not what I'm looking for.

Yesterday, I was playing a round with @Kirke. I hit a bad tee shot, blocking myself behind the woods, so that I needed to hit a hook to reach the green. Instead of a hook, I hit a dead-pull low screamer into the woods. It went a surprisingly long way in without hitting anything, then caromed off a tree. It seemed obviously lost.

So I immediately dropped another ball, hit a bad shot to the right, and tried to salvage the hole.

As I'm addressing my next shot, Kirke yells to me that there's a Srixon ZStar XV right behind the green. I hit my shot and go up to the green. Sure enough, there's the ball. Given that that's the ball I was playing, it's a virtual certainty that (somehow) my ball rocketed through the woods, off a tree, and ended up behind the green.

What do you do when this happens? For me, in a casual round (but one that I'm tracking on Arccos for my unofficial handicap), I discard the shots I'd hit and resume playing my original ball. This is obviously outside strict adherence to the rules, but I'm interested in knowing if you all do the same or not.

Even in league play we allow these typically. Keeping pace of play hitting a ball up when you think its lost. But something like this when its clearly marked and you know it is your ball we typically allow people to play that ball, so you would have been lying 2?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Not sure that I totally buy the rationale in every case, but for me it's definitely one of those "give yourself the advantage the guys on Tour would have" situations, in my book. There's virtually zero chance that those playing at the highest stakes would face a situation in which their ball actually is in play but they don't know it.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Just now, GolfSpy MPR said:

Not sure that I totally buy the rationale in every case, but for me it's definitely one of those "give yourself the advantage the guys on Tour would have" situations, in my book. There's virtually zero chance that those playing at the highest stakes would face a situation in which their ball actually is in play but they don't know it.

Agreed. I use a similar thought during fall when I or a partner lose a ball right off the fairway under leaves.  Clearly we knew the shot stayed in play and was in a good position, but it's simply covered by fallen leaves and can't be found in the allotted search time.

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Agreed. I use a similar thought during fall when I or a partner lose a ball right off the fairway under leaves.  Clearly we knew the shot stayed in play and was in a good position, but it's simply covered by fallen leaves and can't be found in the allotted search time.

Yes agreed on both these situations. There is no way you see a ball go in on a line and is covered by leaves or in somewhat deep rough that you wouldn't be able to find it on tour. When its agreed between all players we will drop without a stroke, I think its fair just depends on the group really.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I like others are saying will just play the found ball and abandon the one I played after declaring it lost.   The reason I quoted the above is that I will only do it if I am certain that the one I found is my ball.  For me, brand and model is not a positive confirmation;  it has to have the mark that I put on the ball.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hitting five from around the green. No other choice.  Not to mention I would deserve the score after making a horrible decision at my second shot.  That said, there is no way in hell that I'm hitting the second ball without calling it a provisional.  

Edited by edteergolf
more thoughts

I don't look to the TV Pros and the 3-club tour for much of anything these days. Me and the guys I generally play with and compete - gamble with have some "rules" we allow amongst us. Some are strict rules of the game and others are loose. If you put a provisional ball in play and like Lukes mentioned I think; then make a second stroke on that provisional ball it's your official ball at that time. If by chance you make the second stroke on the provisional ball and then find and play the presumed lost ball that's a 2 shot penalty in stroke play for playing the wrong ball and I belive loss of hole in match play. Please correct me if necessary. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I think these are fantastic common sense conclusions. The pros would lose some balls if there weren't 200 people watching every shot.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

2 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Nailed it.

I once hit a drive that must have hit hardpan in the desert, down breeze, downhill, and ended up a foot off the fairway 385 yards from the tee. We searched the 5 minutes allotted under the old rule in a more traditional spot of 285-315 for me on that hole. Played a second ball with a different number, and while walking up to the hole found my first ball a pitch away from the green. As it was a men’s league event with no local rule in place, I was reduced to telling everyone about my awesome drive that resulted in a double bogey. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

For me, you made a conscious decision to abandon the original ball, and the 2nd ball is now in play. In my group, you would not have been given the latitude to play the original ball in the case you mentioned, but they're a bunch of cut-throats when it comes to a dollar.  However, you're not playing a tournament and the only one affected by your decision is you.  If you're okay with whichever decision you go with, then fine. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

If I'm playing for fun, I'd do just the same.  If I'm playing for any money, I'd declare my second second shot a provisional.  It sounds like your ball may have been found before you played from beyond the original ball's probable location, so you could have been perfectly justified in playing the original ball.  Assuming you can positively identify it, and I always mark my golf balls, even for casual play.  But if I'm playing for even a dollar, we generally play by the actual rules, and that's what I'd do.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

8 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Whether it’s me or not that this happens to, when I’m playing a round with the boyz and this happens, I always say play the original ball. We don’t have a crowd and spotters out there to help us. The same as if you hit a ball off the tee and you think it may be gone, but not sure, hit another one just in case (provisional) and if you find it, cool!, play it. If not, you already have another ball it there. 

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

If I'm playing for fun, I'd do just the same.  If I'm playing for any money, I'd declare my second second shot a provisional.  It sounds like your ball may have been found before you played from beyond the original ball's probable location, so you could have been perfectly justified in playing the original ball.  Assuming you can positively identify it, and I always mark my golf balls, even for casual play.  But if I'm playing for even a dollar, we generally play by the actual rules, and that's what I'd do.

Ball 19 for me with a shark logo #unmistakeable. Ya know for all the balls I lose gotta be able to make sure it’s mine 😂

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Ball 19 for me with a shark logo #unmistakeable. Ya know for all the balls I lose gotta be able to make sure it’s mine 

Ain’t that the truth! Problem is you’ve lost so many in the same spot I can’t be sure the one you found is from the same day!

All joking aside, I would tend to rule play your original as you declared a provisional (even though you hit it twice) and hadn’t had the opportunity to find your first yet.

I also know that in my league there are a few guys that would rule that way if you played them and a few that would make you play the second ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

If I'm playing by myself, I'm likely to do the same as you @GolfSpy MPR. If I'm playing in a group, I'm more likely to stay strict to the rules, but I don't expect or otherwise require that of my playing partners for a casual round. When money's on the line though - or we have some sort of rules discussion pre-round - I absolutely expect everyone to adhere to the same rules.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Practice or a social round, do whatever you want. A real round, follow the rules to the letter. I never keep score during a social hit or practice round. The vast majority of my golf is in official competition, and those are never solo. 

If you are serious about tracking your scores, following the rules fully will give a more accurate and realistic score.

I always mark my ball, whether for practice or competition. 

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I had this exact same scenario happen. Hit driver off the tee, started it out above some trees and never came back. I look and look, but then decide to drop and move on (casual round, didn’t want to go re-tee). After my drop and hit, I was walking down the fairway and found my ball in the first cut of the rough between fairway and woods. I was just playing with some good buddies and they allowed me to play that as my second shot. 

I like the analogy of pros would have had an official or fan find it for them, so I don’t see any harm with taking Your second shot. This leads me to think about the first couple tourneys back and if fans will be allowed on the course or not. If not, I’m scared a lot of balls are going to be lost..

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

On 5/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, DaveP043 said:

... My opinion of you has been shattered. Now I imagine you probably don't use a pocket pen protector when you play either, something I had always envisioned. 😉

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 5/7/2020 at 7:14 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Should have listened to Kirke and checked that ball before hitting your "provisional" the second time.  Case closed.  Otherwise, be happy you found your original ball, put it in your pocket, and use it on the next hole if you wish.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yes! When I’m in a bunker I give myself the “Patrick Reed Advantage”. Naturally I get good lies in all bunkers but seriously if it were me I would play the ball as if it weren’t lost and those other 2 shots never happened in a casual round. If I’m playing a match with my buddy, which we do pretty much every time we play, I would ask for his opinion for scoring since it impacts who buys who a Dr Pepper.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Hitting five from around the green. No other choice.  Not to mention I would deserve the score after making a horrible decision at my second shot.  That said, there is no way in hell that I'm hitting the second ball without calling it a provisional.  

Got to agree with the calling the second ball “provisional”. I got into that habit after seeing a similar weird situation years ago and a player in our group declared his 2nd a provisional and his first was found.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Should have listened to Kirke and checked that ball before hitting your "provisional" the second time.  Case closed.  Otherwise, be happy you found your original ball, put it in your pocket, and use it on the next hole if you wish.

You're right, of course, but I'm not certain from the description whether that second shot on the "provisional" was made from closer to the hole than the probable location of his first ball.  If not, he's still OK in playing the original ball, as long as he had identified that second ball as a provisional before he hit it.  And in casual play, I'd have taken the second shot on the provisional no matter where it was, in the interests of saving time.  The whole thing relies on the status of the second ball, either Provisional, or simply put into play after a stroke and distance penalty.  That's one reason I try to play within the rules as much as possible even in fun rounds, so I'm in the habit of doing things like marking my ball and declaring a provisional correctly.  Good habits pay off when I get into competitions.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

24 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

You're right, of course, but I'm not certain from the description whether that second shot on the "provisional" was made from closer to the hole than the probable location of his first ball.  If not, he's still OK in playing the original ball, as long as he had identified that second ball as a provisional before he hit it.  And in casual play, I'd have taken the second shot on the provisional no matter where it was, in the interests of saving time.  The whole thing relies on the status of the second ball, either Provisional, or simply put into play after a stroke and distance penalty.  That's one reason I try to play within the rules as much as possible even in fun rounds, so I'm in the habit of doing things like marking my ball and declaring a provisional correctly.  Good habits pay off when I get into competitions.

Would it matter if he never initiated a search? Seems like even if he did announce second ball as provisional he never identified a probable location in first shot. 

As far as what I would do if out by myself, I would probably just play first ball as if nothing happened. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

4 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Would it matter if he never initiated a search? Seems like even if he did announce second ball as provisional he never identified a probable location in first shot. 

If he never initiated a search, the time limit for searching certainly hadn't elapsed, it never started.  I'm speculating, but he could have looked as he moved forward, and decided not to search.  Maybe the ball was either going to be in a good spot, or was going to be in a spot where he'd be dead, and he felt like he could see all of the "good spots" without really searching.  He did say the ball went a good long distance before hitting a tree, so its "probable location" could have been moderately close to the green.  The second ball was a "bad shot", so my interpretation is that the second ball was further from the green than the original was likely to be.  If all of that is true, he'd be OK proceeding with the provisional, as long as it was announced as a provisional.

Remember that a ball cannot be "declared lost" after a provisional is played.  So when he's moving to the "provisional" without searching, the original ball is still the ball in play if found.  He's not searching, so the clock never starts, and he's not delaying play.  The provisional only becomes the ball in play if it is played from a spot nearer to the hole than the probable location of the original.  I know I'm making interpretations and speculations beyond what was contained in the original post.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

• 4 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 10:23 AM, jlukes said:

I could be completely wrong here but didn't the rules of golf update when it comes to leaves where if a ball is "lost" in the leaves it can be dropped where it is assumed to have landed without a penalty as long as the other players are in agreement?

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

I could be completely wrong here but didn't the rules of golf update when it comes to leaves where if a ball is "lost" in the leaves it can be dropped where it is assumed to have landed without a penalty as long as the other players are in agreement?

Quick look through my rule book app doesn’t show anything of that sort officially, but IMO if it’s just a recreational round and your playing partners are in agreement, taking a free drop is reasonable if only for pace of play. Competition would be a lost ball and have to go back and re-hit.

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

Much appreciated. Thank you for the response.

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

48 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

In casual rounds and local course run tournaments, most courses I play have a local rule for leaves allowing a drop in the area where the ball was thought to be.  

I played in a MD golf association tournament a few years ago that did not allow for the leaf rule and there were a lot of places it should have been used.  Lots of complaints after the round that day!  

Regarding Pro's & lost balls.....I am sure Harris English wishes there were spectators on the first hole yesterday.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.