TESTERS WANTED! ×

Honma Charity Raffle Pick Up Your Pro

There are a ton of wonderful and worthwhile causes going on in the world right now that deserve our attention. In the grand scale, this one's not at the peak, but it is aimed at people who are hurting. 

The PGA of America has started the Emergency Golf Relief Fund to provide short-term financial assistance to members of the workforce who've been affected by the Covid-19 shutdown - that includes everyone from groundskeepers to kitchen staff to the pro and his staff. 

Honma has put together some pretty cool packages - for a donation you can be entered into a raffle. For example, for a $50 donation you can be entered to win a TR20 driver and TR20 P or TR20 V iron package - it includes the driver, a full set of irons, two wedges and a Honma golf bag. There's a $25 entry donation for an XP-1, either irons, hybrids, 2 wedges and a bag or 1 driver, 1 fairway, 2 hybrids and a bag. 

If you're into the big money Beres line, for $100 you can center to win two different packages (driver/fw/hybrid or 7-piece iron set, hybrid and bag); or enter to win other prizes like a vintage Honma club package, a Honma Mobile Van fitting Experience - (@pmookie can tell you all about that!) or an Ultimate Honma fitting Experience ($100 entry includes airfare, hotel, fitting, equipment and golf at the Reunion Resort in Florida). Both fitting experiences include $2,500 worth of equipment.

The program ends next Thursday, and I'm astonished at how few entries there are. As of right now, only one person has entered town the Reunion Fitting Experience and 6 entries have been sold for the mobile fitting experience. 

Anyway, checkout out if you're so inclined - if you think of it as a charity raffle, the odds are pretty good on some of these.

https://honmagolf.rallyup.com/mobile-experience

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I threw my name in a couple days ago, good cause and great possible prize!   Hey I once spent $100 raffle on a chance to win a $300,000 townhome, so this isn't that bad 🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

I'm astonished at how few entries there are.

Could be several factors - poor marketing and.... the economy in the country has been wrecked for no rational and factual reason. People everywhere are hurting. $50 or $100 in your pocket means a lot to millions of people these days. As in keeping food and shelter. Kudos for the PGA and Honma for trying. Can't hurt. We did a cash drive (no gifts or prizes - just donate) at our club to be distributed to all employees. I've heard it's been substantial but I don't know the final results.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

If I wasn't currently looking at the auction for our local First Tee I'd be all over this. Some awesome opportunities.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

• 3 weeks later...