Skulled Birdies

Bridgestone BXS vs BX with REACTIV Cover

Our Sponsors

2 hours ago, SteveG said:

My swing speed doesn't vary a lot, but the Bridgestone ball selector does not ask you your swing speed, just your distance, ball flight, and average score along with gender and age. 

Try the Vfit if you can: you make a video of your driver swing and they fit you based on that. 

• Like 1

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

I picked up a box of the B XS yesterday because my local shop was running a deal. I've played PROV1 for the better part of 15-18 years. But when I saw these for much cheaper I decided to give it a shot. I played 18 yesterday and absolutely loved the ball. My ball flight was exactly how I've wanted it to be for as long as I've played. I typically hit the ball to the moon, I've tried everything and have struggled to get it down. It's never killed me aside from having to always having to pay extra attention to the wind, especially a headwind. Yesterday my ball was laser straight and the low rising flight I've always wanted. It definitely felt different, especially on the green but it was a good different. Shot 69 (par 70) and really enjoyed the round. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: 915 D3, 9.5°

:callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 15°

:cleveland-small: Halo 3i, 22°

:mizuno-small: MP-18SC, 4-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-T11, 50°

:vokey-small: 52°

:mizuno-small: 56°

:ping-small: Ally i 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:07 PM, Micah T said:

I was fit into the BX as well;  currently I play Srixon Z star XV. What is interesting to me is that the new line of Bridgestone balls all have relatively low compression ratings (85 for the BX & BXS) I’m curious how much distance I’ll be giving up if I switch...

After one round, I’m not seeing any distance lost: if I can say anything after 1 round, it’s that maybe this ball is less spinny than my Srixon Z star....

Then again, I had my 1st hole in one with the B X today 🔥🏌

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Micah T said:

After one round, I’m not seeing any distance lost: if I can say anything after 1 round, it’s that maybe this ball is less spinny than my Srixon Z star....

Then again, I had my 1st hole in one with the B X today 🔥🏌

That is awesome!! Congratulations on the hole in one! 

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* :Fuji:  Ventus Black 6X

PXG Gen2 0341X 15* Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70X

:titelist-small: TS2 18* Hzrdus Smoke 70X

:Sub70: 699U 19.5* Hzrdus Smoke 90X

:Sub70: 699U 22* KBS Tour 130X

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56* S400

:EVNROLL: ER2 34” Gravity Grip

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:Arccos: Caddie Smart Sensors

After 2 rounds, the only difference I see between the BX and the Z-starXV is green side spin: yardages are identical: still get the awful ballooning fade on a miss hit driver, same flight and shape with irons. But on wedge shots there is a difference: not necessarily a bad difference but a difference. I’m not seeing a lot of “hop & stop” with the BX: not always a bad thing if you’re like me a frequent victim of “unintended backspin” on chips and pitches. It’s taken a slight change of strategy for me to plan some rollout: both balls checked well from full swings with short irons, and I enjoy how the BX rolls off the putter. I don’t know if I would say the BX is any better than the Z star for me, but it’s certainly just as good.

• Like 1

FWIW, I just took the plunge and am making the switch.  Ending my 3-year relationship with the Pro V1, over to the Tour BXS.  I like how it performs (better if you ask me), it seems much more durable than the Pro V1, and it's $10+ cheaper...easy decision.

• Like 5

Currently testing the Honma TR20 460 driver!

Driver: :callaway-small:Great Big Bertha Epic, 10.5, Project X HZRDOUS 55g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: California Monterey 1.5, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

:SuperSpeed:

I just wrapped up week 3 with B XS and I'll be played it until further notice. I absolutely love everything about this ball. For me, it's the best ball I've played when it comes to workability and control. My distances are consistently right on the  money and shot shaping is the best it's been in quite some time. I never thought I'd fully go away from ProV1, but three weeks in and I am still impressed by this ball. 

A draw back for some people may be that it's not quite as long as some balls, but distance doesn't mean much to me. I hit it long enough, and when I get the same distance every time I hit a club, that means much more to me. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: 915 D3, 9.5°

:callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 15°

:cleveland-small: Halo 3i, 22°

:mizuno-small: MP-18SC, 4-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-T11, 50°

:vokey-small: 52°

:mizuno-small: 56°

:ping-small: Ally i 

I just wrapped up week 3 with B XS and I'll be played it until further notice. I absolutely love everything about this ball. For me, it's the best ball I've played when it comes to workability and control. My distances are consistently right on the  money and shot shaping is the best it's been in quite some time. I never thought I'd fully go away from ProV1, but three weeks in and I am still impressed by this ball. 
A draw back for some people may be that it's not quite as long as some balls, but distance doesn't mean much to me. I hit it long enough, and when I get the same distance every time I hit a club, that means much more to me. 

I’m convinced the cover is more durable than the ProV too

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Currently testing the Honma TR20 460 driver!

Driver: :callaway-small:Great Big Bertha Epic, 10.5, Project X HZRDOUS 55g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: California Monterey 1.5, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

:SuperSpeed:

I'm a firm believer that the Tour BX and Tour BXS are some of the best wind balls out there, especially into the wind. Pro V1s get hung up in the air, TP5s and Z Stars get knocked down, but the B stones cut right through it. 

• Like 5

• :taylormade-small: '17 M1 w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :adams-small: Pro DHy 18* w/ Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 919 Forged 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • :ping-small: Vault Arna w/ KBS CT Tour
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 

Had my first experience with the BXS yesterday against a TP5X and I'm not sure I can say it outperformed the ball, but just reacted differently.  Distance was nearly identical, but the key difference, which for me is a posiitive, is that I could get the ball airborne easier.   I always thought the TP5X was a high flight ball, but time after time, I was getting the BXS in the air much easier and I preferred that flight.  For the most part into wind, I thought it was good except for one drive that I thought I made good contact with just kept fading when I thought it would have normally just barely missed the fairway.  Will have to continue experimenting, but after one round and thinking back through each shot, it's a bit ahead of the Taylormade.

• Like 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

just got some of the 2020 B XS balls to try out, I have always played pro v1's. can't wait to get out tomorrow and put them through the paces.