GolfSpy MPR

​​​​​​​2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Review

Our Sponsors

Miller Lite... the ultimate golf course beer. Respect sir. Respect.
Hope they stayed chilly for you.

They stayed cold all 9 holes but they get shaken up quite a bit so you get the foam blast when opening.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

We’ll have 54 holes in w the Bag Boy Chiller.
The cooler portion, which is not of great importance to me keeps Gator Ade cool for at least the 9 holes I played. I have a Yamaha Cooler attached to my cart so that is my go to but if I use that I need a ice or a cold pack also.
Anyway, I went to the net for a short while and found another use. The cooler pocket takes my Sky Tracker SC 200 perfectly. I can keep the Monitor w me all the time. This will work.
Durability is still a big deal to me and it’s early in but I do t see any flaws or problems w this product.
More to come...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

As a walker the cooler is great since they don’t offer water jugs on the course. I usually fill my Yeti at the house with ice water and can refill it on the course. Not an option nowadays so I put a few extra bottles in the cooler.

• Like 6

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

As a walker the cooler is great since they don’t offer water jugs on the course. I usually fill my Yeti at the house with ice water and can refill it on the course. Not an option nowadays so I put a few extra bottles in the cooler.

Your right. Water is no longer available on any course here either. For a Walker the Cooler Bag is great.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Here are some of the things that are important to me.  First the cooler is great, I am a non drinker so I drink plenty of water when I play, especially here in Georgia in the late spring, summer and early fall.  Today it topped 90 so the cooler is needed.  My routine is to freeze one bottle of water or a Propel and put it in the bag first, then 3 bottles of water and I begin drinking a bottle of water or a Propel on the way to the course, that will usually last through the first few holes.  So having 4 more drinks for the rest of the round is enough to get me through even on the hottest of days.  The last drink with the frozen ice will melt enough to give me more drink buy after drinking 4 waters already I am hydrated and really am just trying to stay cool at that point.  All of the waters are cold the entire round with this method. 

Secondly I like a bag with an individual divider system and that system to be full length, this bag has it.   As I stated earlier I am coming from a BB Chiller Bag that I bought in 2016.  Only here within the past 2 months have I had a club handle grab a club, and that's only been a couple of times.  My clubs have midsize grips and my putter has a Super Stroke 2.0 grip so I have gone 4 years on my old bag with essentially no problems, I am hoping this bag is as durable. So far it seems that it is going to be.

Thirdly I like to have lots and lots of space in my bag for essentials and goodies, I have everything I need for a round and then more room should I decide to carry something else.  I have large items and small, some of them are umbrella, ball retriever, sunscreen, insect repellant, Short Sleeved rain jacket, bucket hat, rain gloves, Tylenol, tape, nail clippers, balls, tees, ball markers, extra pencils, chiller towel, extra towels & lots of snacks.  

Forth I like lots of rings to hang my towels, ditty bags, brush, my rangefinder and my GPS. This bag has that on the right hand side as you look at the bag and has nothing on the left side of the bag at all.  I solved that problem when I found this  https://snaphookzgolf.com/  I have had it on my old bag for most of the 4 years I have had it and I have never had a problem with it.  It solves my needing more rings to hang things and blends well with the Chiller Bag.  I have ordered a new one for my test bag as I am currently using the old one and it has faded and looks bad on this beautiful bag.  

I'll post a few pics of the bag and you can see the snap hookz and how much I load on it.   I'm playing again Monday so I'll update with a few more thoughts then.    As always any and all questions are welcome.    Have a great weekend!

bb1.jpg

bb2.jpg

bb3.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash  3 Wood & Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   X2 Hot 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges - :bridgestone-small: WC 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER7
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2016 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Currently testing the 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag   

Here are some of the things that are important to me.  First the cooler is great, I am a non drinker so I drink plenty of water when I play, especially here in Georgia in the late spring, summer and early fall.  Today it topped 90 so the cooler is needed.  My routine is to freeze one bottle of water or a Propel and put it in the bag first, then 3 bottles of water and I begin drinking a bottle of water or a Propel on the way to the course, that will usually last through the first few holes.  So having 4 more drinks for the rest of the round is enough to get me through even on the hottest of days.  The last drink with the frozen ice will melt enough to give me more drink buy after drinking 4 waters already I am hydrated and really am just trying to stay cool at that point.  All of the waters are cold the entire round with this method. 
Secondly I like a bag with an individual divider system and that system to be full length, this bag has it.   As I stated earlier I am coming from a BB Chiller Bag that I bought in 2016.  Only here within the past 2 months have I had a club handle grab a club, and that's only been a couple of times.  My clubs have midsize grips and my putter has a Super Stroke 2.0 grip so I have gone 4 years on my old bag with essentially no problems, I am hoping this bag is as durable. So far it seems that it is going to be.
Thirdly I like to have lots and lots of space in my bag for essentials and goodies, I have everything I need for a round and then more room should I decide to carry something else.  I have large items and small, some of them are umbrella, ball retriever, sunscreen, insect repellant, Short Sleeved rain jacket, bucket hat, rain gloves, Tylenol, tape, nail clippers, balls, tees, ball markers, extra pencils, chiller towel, extra towels & lots of snacks.  
Forth I like lots of rings to hang my towels, ditty bags, brush, my rangefinder and my GPS. This bag has that on the right hand side as you look at the bag and has nothing on the left side of the bag at all.  I solved that problem when I found this  https://snaphookzgolf.com/  I have had it on my old bag for most of the 4 years I have had it and I have never had a problem with it.  It solves my needing more rings to hang things and blends well with the Chiller Bag.  I have ordered a new one for my test bag as I am currently using the old one and it has faded and looks bad on this beautiful bag.  
I'll post a few pics of the bag and you can see the snap hookz and how much I load on it.   I'm playing again Monday so I'll update with a few more thoughts then.    As always any and all questions are welcome.    Have a great weekend!
bb1.jpg.0cef5e37f7dadfbfe6944b83f5d994a9.jpg
bb2.jpg.37283710d0b6e4f974d949d82f8439b1.jpg
bb3.jpg.5ba9af6b1185e12b7fa464e8f721f064.jpg

You drink a lot more water than I do but I’m by walking anymore.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

8 hours ago, Rickp said:

You drink a lot more water than I do but I’m by walking anymore.

During a round in the winter it is usually 1 or 2 but when playing in the hot months It can and has been 5 bottles.   5 of those 16 ounce bottles is the recommended 80 ozs. for the day but after a hot round I drink more when I get home. 

• Like 6

I'm really looking forward to the test results.  The cooler will probably be handy in the new norm of not offering on course water or refreshments.

• Like 2

I played this morning with a 9 a.m. tee time.  It was 90% humidity and the temperature reached the mid 80s before I finished, I drank 3 bottles of water today, all were cool with the one frozen bottle trick I use when packing my cooler for the bag.  Very happy with my first "hot' run with the new bag.  

• Like 7

Played 9 this morning in a steady drizzle that turned into at downpour on the ride home .
Bag Boy did OK, I always turn the zipper pulls to the side to help keep any water out. Not a drop of water got into any pockets.
The downpour came on fast and I wasn’t able to drop the bag cover on the cart so just did the 2.5 mile ride.

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Played 9 this morning in a steady drizzle that turned into at downpour on the ride home .
Bag Boy did OK, I always turn the zipper pulls to the side to help keep any water out. Not a drop of water got into any pockets.
The downpour came on fast and I wasn’t able to drop the bag cover on the cart so just did the 2.5 mile ride.

That’s food stuff right there. Did you put the cover over it or umbrella or anything?

• Like 3

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

That’s food stuff right there. Did you put the cover over it or umbrella or anything?

Nope didn’t have time to pull over and drop the cart cover. I don’t carry an umbrella.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

15 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Nope didn’t have time to pull over and drop the cart cover. I don’t carry an umbrella.

Even better that’s good seals right there

• Like 2

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I have an umbrella... I don’t think it’s ever come out of my trunk. I feel like it would be awkward when using a cart.

Maybe once I get a push cart I’ll use it.

Good to know your stuff stayed nice and dry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Under Construction per Official #MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT business:

:cobra-small: Follow Along here until the build is complete!

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

I have an umbrella... I don’t think it’s ever come out of my trunk. I feel like it would be awkward when using a cart.

Maybe once I get a push cart I’ll use it.

Good to know your stuff stayed nice and dry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in my Push Cart day’s always had umbrella. Had it rigged for rain cover or sun in hot weather.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Back in my Push Cart day’s always had umbrella. Had it rigged for rain cover or sun in hot weather.

I can imagine using it on a sunny day, particularly down south, would be a life changer. It’s amazing how often is nice to retreat to the shade of the cart when there’s not an tree around. 

• Like 2

Under Construction per Official #MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT business:

:cobra-small: Follow Along here until the build is complete!

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

I wrapped up 5 straight days of golf today and rain got me the last two days. More of just spitting today but same results. Nothing wet inside the bag either day so no need to empty everything to dry it out.

• Like 4

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I wrapped up 5 straight days of golf today and rain got me the last two days. More of just spitting today but same results. Nothing wet inside the bag either day so no need to empty everything to dry it out.

Yup, I used to hate that dry out process.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 2:15 PM, Wedgie said:

It’s like carrying a concealed weapon.

IMG_1129.JPGIMG_1131.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG

this looks like great option for those looking to make a change to walking, how much club chatter are u getting in this setup with this bag???

• Like 2

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Hybrid 19* W/ Graphite Design Tour AD-105 S-shaft

:srixon-small: Z585 4-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:Smart sole 4. GW/50*

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & 60*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:srixon-small:Soft Feel Brite Green

Righty and the Bag is an old beat-up :titelist-small: 

Just now, Zen Snake said:

this looks like great option for those looking to make a change to walking, how much club chatter are u getting in this setup with this bag???

I haven't really paid attention to be honest which tells me it isn't noticeable.  The 14 way dividers help space them out nicely so clubs behind don't bang into the clubs in front of them on the cart.  Clubs side-by-side to tend to rattle as they rotate sideways in the bag.

• Like 3

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right