TESTERS WANTED! ×

What us everyone’s Most inconsistent golf shot

On 5/25/2020 at 10:34 AM, Lacassem said:

You have tried hybrids and irons as well? The past year I started to put the driver away if it was one of those rounds. My go to is 4 iron or 2 hybrid

I bought a Titleist U-510 3 iron to help me out this year: I’m only giving up 50 yards this way...

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

46 minutes ago, Micah T said:

I bought a Titleist U-510 3 iron to help me out this year: I’m only giving up 50 yards this way...

Would be roughly the same but just can’t beat driver. It’s not all the time and for most of the time it works just fine. Irons make up for the bad ones.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Any chip around the green. I’m a “yipper”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Lots of short shot issues on this thread! My inconsistent shots come from not completing my swing on the long clubs resulting in the dreaded push fade. Worst part is I still hit it fairly solid, so it sails off into trouble 250 yards down range. 

In my opinion short range shots are hard because you can’t athletically compensate such a small swing, so it the club must be on a reasonable plane for the entire motion. Under the plane or too far inside = thin (my old miss), too far outside or vertical = chunky.  Plus the tempo often changes from a full shot.

My favorite drill is to make sure my entire body is moving to get the club hip high, parallel to the ground along my toe line with both arms extended in the backswing. This is my “on plane” point. Whether it’s the correct plane is another topic, but it gives me a reference feeling and point to baseline from. This applies to short shots too.  Make sure you’re not doing it with your hands only. Everything rotates back together. I love this baseline idea because when I’m swinging poorly, I just go back to “turn it to the hips” as my waggle, and it starts to come back. Also, don’t tinker very much. Master the basic pitch and just accept the longer putt from it rolling out. Once you get the hang of keeping the club on plane, then you can be a bit fancier with your hands and face positions to make it lob or check.

Just my two cents on the matter, but I do consider my short game a strength. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Well my most inconsistent is the driver of course...

But i would also make a consideration... Honestly i think that the putter is probably the most inconsistent for all of us. By this i mean that if we consider holing as final result of the putting stroke, every round goes completely different when it comes to putting. Some days the hole seem so big, some others not. And this seems to be true also for pros that at distance of few weeks can win or lose a tournament just for few inches misses with the putter...

Thoughts?

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

Definitely 60 yards. I used to take the approach that getting as close as possible was the best path. I’ve definitely changed mentality. I saw a video with DJ talking about the 50 yard approach  shot and how he would approach it and I will never forget his thoughts. He basically said, first of all, I would never leave myself 50 yards. Such simple yet great advice. I’d rather have 93 yards in. That is my ideal approach shot. 

Edited by Bgreen44

Driver for sure.  Pulls and slices with at least one total flub each round.  Best rounds are always when I can keep the driver reasonably close to the fairway.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

My second shot. Or my third or fourth or fifth... seriously it would be my second into a par 4 or third into a par 5. GIR is something I need to work at to improve my score.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

23 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Long putts. That’s why I aim at the flag in hope that I dunk it so I don’t have to putt at all.

Although, putting from any other distance seems to be the best part of my game according to Arccos.

But that feeling is second to none....waking a long putt in when you know it’s gonna drain 🙌🔥🙌

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

True, I’ve drained a couple. A 20’ Eagle putt on a Par 4 felt good last year. The other one was a few years ago, like 75’ no chance, all luck.

image.jpeg.dd390318826fc4aa27f2ac8857b0fb5b.jpeg

Still gotta read it though!

and then this happens

image.gif.dd8bd018721ba82c895515a2d7c83426.gif

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

By far it's any lie on a hillside. If the ball is above my ankles or a club head below my feet I have to chip out sideways or face a 50/50 chance of hitting the ball at all. My local course is cut through a bunch of hills and if you get out of position you have a good chance of finding yourself trying to scrape your way out of an awkward lie. Had a few round killer holes caused by awkward lies.

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

My most dreaded shot is anything 100 and in. I hit my wedges to inconsistent, and I can never figure out the 1/2 or 3/4 speed on my PW. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9.5

3 Wood: Cobra F9 Tour 13.5

3Hybrid: Cobra F9

4i-PW: Cobra King Forged One Length

52/56/60: Cleveland CBX

Putter: Cleveland TFI 8.0 CB

Hitting a wedge out of shallow water 💦.  

I don’t know if it will go way longer than I expected or I will drive it depper into the pond.

And  will I get my shirt and pants all wet and muddy?

Someone else here has to practice this shot a bunch for me and tell me how to play it.

Thanks in advance.

WITB:

Driver:  Taylormade  SLDR Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH.   

3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 710 AP1 5-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie 

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Ping Grayhawk Putter

On 5/31/2020 at 4:08 PM, Grit Golf said:

By far it's any lie on a hillside. If the ball is above my ankles or a club head below my feet I have to chip out sideways or face a 50/50 chance of hitting the ball at all. My local course is cut through a bunch of hills and if you get out of position you have a good chance of finding yourself trying to scrape your way out of an awkward lie. Had a few round killer holes caused by awkward lies.

You just described my course if you are not in the fairway.  I had to take a lesson from our pro on how to hit off slopes.  That was 3 years ago and I still have to practice those lies to have any chance.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I’d say anything between 20-40 yards. Outside of that I have a good idea of what to play but also have lower expectations. Inside of that, I know I should but putting it within 15 feet and I never do. 

9* Epic Max LS 9* ADDI 6X

3W F9 ADDI 7X / 2i MP20 HMB AD DI 85S

3-PW MP20 Mixed (3,4 HMB; 5-PW MCC) KBS $Taper

50, 54, 58 RTX4

New putter each round until I stop sucking

Srixon Zstar Yellow

My first thought was 3 Wood off the deck, but then I realized that that shot is very consistent - it consistently sucks! For me it's probably trying to play a draw to get out of trouble when I'm in the trees on the left side of the fairway and still want to hit the green in two. Seems like it's 50/50 whether the shot does what I want, or I launch a bomb that goes dead straight and ends up two fairways over.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS