Jchris05

What us everyone’s Most inconsistent golf shot

Our Sponsors

3 minutes ago, YYCRed said:

Lob wedge. It either goes 10 yards or 50. Nothing in between. I still have it in my bag, but never use it. Probably should go and practice with it to understand what I'm doing wrong.

I’m assuming skull and chunk? Blade or cavity back?

i struggled when I first got the lob everything fat. I suggest starting with half/quarter swings practicing. Lobs and art but love them out of sand

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I’m assuming skull and chunk? Blade or cavity back?

i struggled when I first got the lob everything fat. I suggest starting with half/quarter swings practicing. Lobs and art but love them out of sand

Exactly. Skull and chunk. Blade, and I've tried the half/quarter swings with little difference. I really just think I need to spend some time with it to get used to it. But thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, YYCRed said:

Exactly. Skull and chunk. Blade, and I've tried the half/quarter swings with little difference. I really just think I need to spend some time with it to get used to it. But thanks for the suggestion!

I have a very steep swing and was chunky for a while with my blade lob. Recent changes to cavity back wedges but if I can master the blades lob wedge you can too. Good luck 

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

Has to be taking the driver off the deck... never practiced and seldom used so by sheer volume alone it is the most inconsistent.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

You have tried hybrids and irons as well? The past year I started to put the driver away if it was one of those rounds. My go to is 4 iron or 2 hybrid

I find my first shot just sucks, period. I just like to get it out of the way and get on with my round. I’m really good at recovery shots; probably because I get to try them so often...

• Like 1

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

Driver off the deck..... 😃 Just kidding, way to low swing speed to even attempt. Driver off the tee, on the first tee box . 

• Like 1

The dam side hill down hill 200 yard shot to an uphill green. I am a member of a hilly course that has this shot on at least three holes.  I know what to do!  Just only pull it off one out of three times.

• Like 2

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Sub 70 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"

21 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The dam side hill down hill 200 yard shot to an uphill green. I am a member of a hilly course that has this shot on at least three holes.  I know what to do!  Just only pull it off one out of three times.

Downhill/uphill lies I always have to talk myself on how to hit them every time. Setup is a lot longer and people probably wonder what that guy is mumbling to himself....

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Downhill/uphill lies I always have to talk myself on how to hit them every time. Setup is a lot longer and people probably wonder what that guy is mumbling to himself....

No joke, I do the same thing. Talk it through, Adjust my shoulders to the down hill or uphill, aim right for uphill side hill because the ball will go left, aim left for down hill side hill.  How much left or right, I think this much. Practice swing, pray, execute. CRAP, CHUNKED IT. CRAP TOPPED IT.

Well at least the next shot is level. Maybe up and down for par.

• Like 2

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Sub 70 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"

On 5/10/2020 at 7:43 AM, Jchris05 said:

For me there is the dreaded chip shot from 40-60 yards. I will hit a beautiful drive down the middle and will be 60 out and my buddy will be like here comes a double. And sure enough I’ll chuck the first chip 5 yards. Blade the second chip over the green. Finally get on and be so in my head that I miss the 2 foot putt. Does anyone else have a struggle like mine?

I can't hit a 90 yard wedge shot. I hit it fat 98% of the time and thin it the other 2%. I miss more greens from 100 yards and in than any other golfer alive I'm willing to bet. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/25/2020 at 10:34 AM, Lacassem said:

You have tried hybrids and irons as well? The past year I started to put the driver away if it was one of those rounds. My go to is 4 iron or 2 hybrid

I bought a Titleist U-510 3 iron to help me out this year: I’m only giving up 50 yards this way...

• Like 1

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

46 minutes ago, Micah T said:

I bought a Titleist U-510 3 iron to help me out this year: I’m only giving up 50 yards this way...

Would be roughly the same but just can’t beat driver. It’s not all the time and for most of the time it works just fine. Irons make up for the bad ones.

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

Any chip around the green. I’m a “yipper”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Lots of short shot issues on this thread! My inconsistent shots come from not completing my swing on the long clubs resulting in the dreaded push fade. Worst part is I still hit it fairly solid, so it sails off into trouble 250 yards down range. 

In my opinion short range shots are hard because you can’t athletically compensate such a small swing, so it the club must be on a reasonable plane for the entire motion. Under the plane or too far inside = thin (my old miss), too far outside or vertical = chunky.  Plus the tempo often changes from a full shot.

My favorite drill is to make sure my entire body is moving to get the club hip high, parallel to the ground along my toe line with both arms extended in the backswing. This is my “on plane” point. Whether it’s the correct plane is another topic, but it gives me a reference feeling and point to baseline from. This applies to short shots too.  Make sure you’re not doing it with your hands only. Everything rotates back together. I love this baseline idea because when I’m swinging poorly, I just go back to “turn it to the hips” as my waggle, and it starts to come back. Also, don’t tinker very much. Master the basic pitch and just accept the longer putt from it rolling out. Once you get the hang of keeping the club on plane, then you can be a bit fancier with your hands and face positions to make it lob or check.

Just my two cents on the matter, but I do consider my short game a strength. 

• Like 3

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Well my most inconsistent is the driver of course...

But i would also make a consideration... Honestly i think that the putter is probably the most inconsistent for all of us. By this i mean that if we consider holing as final result of the putting stroke, every round goes completely different when it comes to putting. Some days the hole seem so big, some others not. And this seems to be true also for pros that at distance of few weeks can win or lose a tournament just for few inches misses with the putter...

Thoughts?

• Like 3

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

Posted (edited)

Definitely 60 yards. I used to take the approach that getting as close as possible was the best path. I’ve definitely changed mentality. I saw a video with DJ talking about the 50 yard approach  shot and how he would approach it and I will never forget his thoughts. He basically said, first of all, I would never leave myself 50 yards. Such simple yet great advice. I’d rather have 93 yards in. That is my ideal approach shot. 

Edited by Bgreen44
  • Like 2

Driver for sure.  Pulls and slices with at least one total flub each round.  Best rounds are always when I can keep the driver reasonably close to the fairway.

• Like 2

Driver - Callaway Rogue Draw

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Irons - Srixon Z565 5-PW

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 52-56-60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

My second shot. Or my third or fourth or fifth... seriously it would be my second into a par 4 or third into a par 5. GIR is something I need to work at to improve my score.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 & 4 hybrids regular shafts 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Long putts. That’s why I aim at the flag in hope that I dunk it so I don’t have to putt at all.

Although, putting from any other distance seems to be the best part of my game according to Arccos.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Long putts. That’s why I aim at the flag in hope that I dunk it so I don’t have to putt at all.

Although, putting from any other distance seems to be the best part of my game according to Arccos.

But that feeling is second to none....waking a long putt in when you know it’s gonna drain 🙌🔥🙌

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt