TESTERS WANTED! ×

What us everyone’s Most inconsistent golf shot

The tee ball is the higher percentage of lost balls, penalty strokes, etc. but any shot can get me at any time.  Last time out was -1 with 2 holes go to laid up off tee on a par 5  and  ended in fairway w/ a weird downhill/ball below feet lie, got mental and BAM  g-balled a 6 iron into a creek.  Ended up w a triple bogey.  Finished +1, with that comfortable feeling of leaving shots out there.

Never know what gonna get you.

Mine is a push left which is caused by me starting the down swing with my hands instead of my hips.

Edited by Firebird
edit

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

Tee shots... Hasn’t mattered if it was an iron, a hybrid, a fairway metal, or driver. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This! I have directional/aiming issues...

Also, anything in 50-85 yard range can be brutal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

On 5/10/2020 at 4:43 AM, Jchris05 said:

For me there is the dreaded chip shot from 40-60 yards. I will hit a beautiful drive down the middle and will be 60 out and my buddy will be like here comes a double. And sure enough I’ll chuck the first chip 5 yards. Blade the second chip over the green. Finally get on and be so in my head that I miss the 2 foot putt. Does anyone else have a struggle like mine?

I had that struggle, but I spent most of a driving range session with my wedge and watched a bunch of youtube videos. I feel so much more confident around the green now. 

My most inconsistent shot is the fairway wood and hybrid from long distances. 

:ping-small: Driver: G425 Max 10.5*
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:titelist-small: Hybrid: TS2 23*
:titelist-small: Irons:  6 to GW, T300 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58K
:cameron-small: Putter: 1998 Tei3 Newport Long Neck
:titelist-small: Ball: Yellow Titleist VG3
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag

I Love the Art of Putting!

On 5/10/2020 at 9:43 PM, Jchris05 said:

For me there is the dreaded chip shot from 40-60 yards. I will hit a beautiful drive down the middle and will be 60 out and my buddy will be like here comes a double. And sure enough I’ll chuck the first chip 5 yards. Blade the second chip over the green. Finally get on and be so in my head that I miss the 2 foot putt. Does anyone else have a struggle like mine?

I do not generally duff the shot, the issue is controlling the distance. Hence the reason that I play a hole in reverse. Instead of bombing a drive as far as you can - which I know is fun - start are the Green and work backwards. So instead of having to hit a 60m shot, you want to be hitting a full 9, PW, or AW to the middle of the green. So if you hit a PW 120m then subtract that from the length of the hole  i.e. 320m hole - 120m = 200m. For me that is a 4 iron. Much easier to play a full shot than a 1/2, 2/3 or 9/16 swing. You can still control distance by simply shorting your grip.

Plus it might have an effect on your buddy as he wonders what the hell you are doing taking a 4 iron off the tee. Your simple comeback is that's what the pros do. 😃

Edited by Firebird
Grammer

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

Shots from inside of 105 and around the green. Something I've been working hard on. I'd much rather have 15-20 footers than 30 footers for birdie or to save par.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Cobra Speedzone 9° default_cobra-small.jpg.bf0039c0fa211a003217e70e184035fa.jpg

Woods- Sub70 Pro 5-Wood   08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg  

Utility- Titleist 718 T-MB 4 Utility  default_titelist-small.jpg.d620943db19c6c6f477d78c3e6dcfb1b.jpg

Irons- Sub70 649 MB Tour 5-PW, 699 Pro 2U  08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Wedges- Cleveland Zipcore RTX 52°,56°, 60°  default_cleveland-small.jpg.0615c53919b7f92c3524630e353b33bb.jpg

Putter- Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 default_cameron-small.gif.dd99234f0267bb38c40c23053034a445.gif

Ball- Titleist ProV1x default_titelist-small.jpg.d620943db19c6c6f477d78c3e6dcfb1b.jpg  

3 wood off the deck for me.  I won't even try it without a perfect lie, and a lot of confidence that i can leave a good miss if I do miss.  Has to be a mostly neutral strike to pull it off, but for me the biggest problem is likely mental...trying to smash it rather than swinging it like a 9 iron like I should.

For those struggling with 100 yards and in shots, that used to be me, until I saw a photo wherein Dave Pelz illustrated how many shots a 90s-shooter is typically taking per club.  Outside of the putter, the wedges get the most use, but if you watch a lot of folks at the driving range they're hitting 7 irons and drivers.  It hit home with me, and I decided to really focus on dialing in my wedges...knowing what yardages I could hit at various lengths of backswing with different clubs, changing grip position, opening the face, ball position. For me it's become the most enjoyable part of the game, and I learned early that a lot of my fat and thin shots were a result of not being confident and committed on the shot and decelerating as a result.  My two cents... 

download (1).jpg

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1: