Jchris05

What us everyone’s Most inconsistent golf shot

Our Sponsors

But that feeling is second to none....waking a long putt in when you know it’s gonna drain

True, I’ve drained a couple. A 20’ Eagle putt on a Par 4 felt good last year. The other one was a few years ago, like 75’ no chance, all luck.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

True, I’ve drained a couple. A 20’ Eagle putt on a Par 4 felt good last year. The other one was a few years ago, like 75’ no chance, all luck.

image.jpeg.dd390318826fc4aa27f2ac8857b0fb5b.jpeg

Still gotta read it though!

and then this happens

image.gif.dd8bd018721ba82c895515a2d7c83426.gif

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

By far it's any lie on a hillside. If the ball is above my ankles or a club head below my feet I have to chip out sideways or face a 50/50 chance of hitting the ball at all. My local course is cut through a bunch of hills and if you get out of position you have a good chance of finding yourself trying to scrape your way out of an awkward lie. Had a few round killer holes caused by awkward lies.

• Like 1

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

My most dreaded shot is anything 100 and in. I hit my wedges to inconsistent, and I can never figure out the 1/2 or 3/4 speed on my PW. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9.5

3 Wood: Cobra F9 Tour 13.5

3Hybrid: Cobra F9

4i-PW: Cobra King Forged One Length

52/56/60: Cleveland CBX

Putter: Cleveland TFI 8.0 CB

After playing for many years I think the worse shot is the one after you just nutted your driver out to where it has not been before. It seems like most players then hit a bad shot. For me it is the buried lie under the lip of a greenside bunker. 

Hitting a wedge out of shallow water 💦.  

I don’t know if it will go way longer than I expected or I will drive it depper into the pond.

And  will I get my shirt and pants all wet and muddy?

Someone else here has to practice this shot a bunch for me and tell me how to play it.

Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Deadskins said:

Down hill 3 wood

Use more lofted club.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 5/31/2020 at 4:08 PM, Grit Golf said:

By far it's any lie on a hillside. If the ball is above my ankles or a club head below my feet I have to chip out sideways or face a 50/50 chance of hitting the ball at all. My local course is cut through a bunch of hills and if you get out of position you have a good chance of finding yourself trying to scrape your way out of an awkward lie. Had a few round killer holes caused by awkward lies.

You just described my course if you are not in the fairway.  I had to take a lesson from our pro on how to hit off slopes.  That was 3 years ago and I still have to practice those lies to have any chance.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I’d say anything between 20-40 yards. Outside of that I have a good idea of what to play but also have lower expectations. Inside of that, I know I should but putting it within 15 feet and I never do. 

9* F9 AD DI 6S / Hzrdus Smoke 6S (testing ongoing)

3W F9 Atmos Blue TS 7S

3-PW MP20 Mixed (3,4 HMB; 5,6 MCC, 7-PW MB) KBS $Taper

50, 54, 58 RTX4 DG300

Scotty Newport 3 

My first thought was 3 Wood off the deck, but then I realized that that shot is very consistent - it consistently sucks! For me it's probably trying to play a draw to get out of trouble when I'm in the trees on the left side of the fairway and still want to hit the green in two. Seems like it's 50/50 whether the shot does what I want, or I launch a bomb that goes dead straight and ends up two fairways over.

Currently testing the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Torch 03

Ball - :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

You just described my course if you are not in the fairway.  I had to take a lesson from our pro on how to hit off slopes.  That was 3 years ago and I still have to practice those lies to have any chance.

Sounds like a need a lesson! It’s taught me the value of hitting fairways, and the value in taking your medicine and chipping out sideways. 🙂

• Like 1

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

Tee shots... Hasn’t mattered if it was an iron, a hybrid, a fairway metal, or driver. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

1 hour ago, Grit Golf said:

Sounds like a need a lesson! It’s taught me the value of hitting fairways, and the value in taking your medicine and chipping out sideways. 🙂

I've learned to hit off most lies, and I can always advance the ball down the fairway if I don't get greedy.  Loft...  that is, more loft, is my friend.

On 6/5/2020 at 10:00 AM, Kenny B said:

Use more lofted club.

Good point, but moot, as I have banned my 3 wood to the garage for the month of June.

• Like 1

Ranny

>110yds

Sent from my moto g(7) power using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Haha 1

Driver- Cobra F9 Speedback 9° default_cobra-small.jpg.634f41dc1b8ea120e1aae121bd8f10ef.jpg

Woods- Sub70 Pro 5-Wood   08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Hybrid/Utility- Sub70 699U 19.5°  08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Irons- Sub70 699 5-GW  08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Wedges- Sub70 Forged Black 54° and 58°  08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 34"  default_cleveland-small.jpg.c74f3b17afe658f686b5fe6afe45378f.jpg

Ball- Titleist ProV1x  default_titelist-small.jpg.d620943db19c6c6f477d78c3e6dcfb1b.jpg

7 hours ago, Deadskins said:

Good point, but moot, as I have banned my 3 wood to the garage for the month of June.

Well, that's certainly a way to use a more lofted club!!  

The fairways at my course are undulating so we get downhill and uphill lies.  My 3W works very well on flat and uphill lies, but on downhill lies, I've learned that my 3H works better more often.  Since I don't have a lot of distance off the tee, I can't afford to banned my 3W just for downhill lies.

The best thing to do with a club that's misbehaving is to beat it into submission on the range.  Generally speaking, the clubs we hit the worst on the course are the ones we hit the least on the range.

Driver, which is why I just ordered a hazardous smoke in x flex

• Like 1

Rather than give up on my 3W I am just going to give it a rest and concentrate practice on my 4H and 7W.

Ranny