TESTERS WANTED! ×

SIM vs. SIM Max

JKim2

I am seriously interested in hitting the SIM whenever this pandemic calms down and clubfitters open back up near me. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 9* w/ Accra Tour Z RPG 462 M4+

3 Wood: :titelist-small:TSi2 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65

3 Hybrid: :ping-small: G425 19* w/ Alta CB 70

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB (4-6) / MMC (7-PW) w/ DG X100

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 54 S-grind / 58 M-grind w/ DG S300

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Rx V-line Fang 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 

Got fit for the Sim max and I’m going to try it on the course for the first time today, will report back with how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here’s the report, Sim max is very straight but I was hitting it to high even with dialed down loft on the course, was making some good swings too. Putting the head up for sale If anybody is interested.

I have been playing the sim for a while and really like it. But, I just switched to the SIM max. I like the deeper face and I like the higher moi and stability. I feel more consistent with it.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I loved the distance with the sim,  but I love my max d for the misses.  They are not ob like the sim.

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

So here’s the report, Sim max is very straight but I was hitting it to high even with dialed down loft on the course, was making some good swings too. Putting the head up for sale If anybody is interested.

Thanks for the feedback. What shaft did you use and would you consider trying the SIM?

Thanks for the feedback. What shaft did you use and would you consider trying the SIM?

Was running my trusty Tour AD Bb6x. I don’t think the spin was out of control because I could see a fair amount of rollout, I just like to be able to work the ball a little

Not sure how much this will help, but I was able to try the SIM over the weekend.  Granted the shaft was not fit exactly to me, but spin really was higher than optimal compared to some others.  Usually with Taylormade, they are too low spinning for me - or at least the M5 was that way.  This made it a fairly forgiving club minus one or two very bad swings, but I was not getting the distance that I would be looking for.  

Swing speed was about the same as others the the Science in Motion didn't change much for me.   To help with numbers, I was hitting on trackman and around 111 - 115 swing speed.  Others were 260 - 270 carry on average, but SIM was more like 250 and 275 - 280 distance while others were 285 - 300.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Not sure how much this will help, but I was able to try the SIM over the weekend.  Granted the shaft was not fit exactly to me, but spin really was higher than optimal compared to some others.  Usually with Taylormade, they are too low spinning for me - or at least the M5 was that way.  This made it a fairly forgiving club minus one or two very bad swings, but I was not getting the distance that I would be looking for.  
Swing speed was about the same as others the the Science in Motion didn't change much for me.   To help with numbers, I was hitting on trackman and around 111 - 115 swing speed.  Others were 260 - 270 carry on average, but SIM was more like 250 and 275 - 280 distance while others were 285 - 300.

What are you currently using?

1 minute ago, JKim2 said:

What are you currently using?

Currently using a TS3 driver that was fit at Club Champion in December 2018.  After a better showing in 2019 than my previous M2, it has been awful so far this year and I am having trouble keeping it in play.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Currently using a TS3 driver that was fit at Club Champion in December 2018.  After a better showing in 2019 than my previous M2, it has been awful so far this year and I am having trouble keeping it in play.

I was using the TS3 all last year but spin numbers were higher than I wanted. I’m currently waiting for my SIM with Ventus Blue w/ Velocore.

Sim with tour ad xc was a spin killer for me.   My ss104,  smooth transition ,  aoa 3-4 up

Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

Yes I liked sim max but to me it felt open.  I went with max d.   I am about 5-8 yards shorter than sim but way straighter.

1 hour ago, Hotdocta said:

Yes I liked sim max but to me it felt open.  I went with max d.   I am about 5-8 yards shorter than sim but way straighter.

A lot of players at my club went with the SIM Max D. Not really surprised as it popped up on tour for a few players. Definitely not as draw biased as people think

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

A lot of players at my club went with the SIM Max D. Not really surprised as it popped up on tour for a few players. Definitely not as draw biased as people think

I noticed DJ has been going back and forth between SIM and SIM Max

9 minutes ago, JKim2 said:

I noticed DJ has been going back and forth between SIM and SIM Max

He has done that with all the drivers lately. It depends on how he’s feeling but normally somewhere around this time of the normal season he picks a head as doesn’t change after that. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1