TESTERS WANTED! ×

The "GET WELL SOON, BIG STU" thread

Damn @BIG STU. Take care of yourself mate, hope you're on the mend soon.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

20 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I don't know, man...

@BIG STU is a big shot now. He's got a thread, AND a corner!!!! 🤪

His name rings true, he's always been a BIG shot! Looking forward to getting you back so you can whip my butt around the golf course again @BIG STU

18 hours ago, Kenny B said:

And some of us that are further away may join you!!  Been to Myrtle twice, both times with buddies, but haven't had anyone to go with me for many years.

We'll come out of the woodwork and meet you down there if you make the trek all the way to SC

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

8 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

Get well soon Stu. And stay off those ladders!

You know Theoo you nailed it on the ladder thing. My lifelong friend who has always been a Paint Contractor told me the same thing the other night. Bluntly he told me I was too old to be on a ladder. He is about 2 years younger than I am. I told him it was only 5 feet and he correctly replied "yeah you see how only 5 foot has ****** you up good. Yep I drove and wrecked dirt track race cars for years and the only injury I ever got was a broken wrist. Rode Harleys for years and even skydived one time parasailed a bunch down here. The only motorcycle injury I got was a broken leg in 78 when a drunk rear ended me. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

You know Theoo you nailed it on the ladder thing. My lifelong friend who has always been a Paint Contractor told me the same thing the other night. Bluntly he told me I was too old to be on a ladder. He is about 2 years younger than I am. I told him it was only 5 feet and he correctly replied "yeah you see how only 5 foot has ****** you up good. Yep I drove and wrecked dirt track race cars for years and the only injury I ever got was a broken wrist. Rode Harleys for years and even skydived one time parasailed a bunch down here. The only motorcycle injury I got was a broken leg in 78 when a drunk rear ended me. 

Ground good, ladders bad!
When we moved into this house 5+ years ago I was (w help) going to install a drop ladder in the garage. SWMBO put a stop to it, no way, no how was I going to be climbing up a ladder w stuff for the attic. She’s probably right

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Ahh man I just saw this. From little Stu to Big Stu.. a healthy and speedy recovery compadre!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Wow - prayers for healing my friend.  I just put you in our prayers for this weekend here also!  Slow and steady wins the race here, just like your backswing.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

22 hours ago, Kenny B said:

And some of us that are further away may join you!!  Been to Myrtle twice, both times with buddies, but haven't had anyone to go with me for many years.

You and I on the same course man that would be one blast!!!

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, revkev said:

Wow - prayers for healing my friend.  I just put you in our prayers for this weekend here also!  Slow and steady wins the race here, just like your backswing.

Thanks man I know prayer does good---- Man I got 5 different congregations including yours praying for me. It is funny the people you meet in the Christian world just running the sound board. My old COG pastor is in Aiken SC now and those folks put me on the prayer list along with my friends at the Episcopal church that I ran sound at for 8 years.

BTW LOL my backswing has just gotten slow ( comes with age) in my older age and as you know I do not pull the club back as far anymore. A few years back I played with an old friend ( which is a story itself) that I did not remember. He said he saw I did not have the loop in my swing to which my bud the Miura dealer replied "he does not pull it back far enough to loop it any more" 

G

... Hey BIG Stu ya'll kin take this ree cooper ative thyme ta lurn a nu lang-gwidge. I'm gunna rekomend Anglish!  🤣 Here's hoping you feel better everyday.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... Hey BIG Stu ya'll kin take this ree cooper ative thyme ta lurn a nu lang-gwidge. I'm gunna rekomend Anglish!  🤣 Here's hoping you feel better everyday.

Worst part is I understand every word

Rick

Left Hand, 

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

Worst part is I understand every word emoji12.png

That is because cuz you is a redneck too

G

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Me too

Goes to show what I have said all along there are rednecks everywhere. I know it for a fact up in those PA mountains where you are from. And as much as I have talked to you about firefighting I will bet a crisp $100 bill you have a well used SOG tool hanging from your turnout coat on the accessory loop. Kinda like a Mastercard but do not go into danger without it.

NOTE EDIT------ The Mason Dixon line does not have crap to do with being a red neck or not and neither does the Mississippi River- Heck in all my travels of this great land we are blessed to inhabit I am proud to say I have ran into rednecks in every state

Edited by BIG STU

G

Update--- I will not be on here much today after 10:00 or so. Have a neurosurgeon appt today in Florence SC. Got medical transport service coming to get me since I am not allowed to drive yet

G

Best of luck to you Stu. Hope your recovery is swift and sure. I have added you to my prayer list.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Update--- I will not be on here much today after 10:00 or so. Have a neurosurgeon appt today in Florence SC. Got medical transport service coming to get me since I am not allowed to drive yet

Good luck

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I hope you get some good news.  We are riding with you all the way.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Good grief man!!! I've just seen this thread. I hope you've learned now to keep yourself off a ladder when it's better and safer to be firmly planted on a golf course. 🏌️‍♂️

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Ok went to the neurosurgeon yesterday. They did get medical transport for me since it was 80 miles one way. Ended up knew the guy who transported me. Anyhow the neurosurgeon wants another MRI because I am getting shooting burning pains down my right side. Tuesday back up there to go to the trauma doc who first saw me ( shrug). Wed it is the orthopedic doc for my shoulder which is local. I was cleared to drive my car short distances as long as I am not on pain killers or muscle relaxers.

So this Am I took advantage of my personal freedom and went to my course. They have lifted some Covid 19 restrictions and I was able to sit on the patio and enjoy my coffee and cigar. I did roll a couple of putts with my Bobby Grace Mark 5. Shoulder hurt so I did quit after about 4 putts. It was a nice day so I filled my car with gas and took a little ride up the beach with the windows open and the sunroof open blasting that Boise Stereo with old beach music. Went home about 11:00 was hurting some took 2 muscle relaxers and nodded off in my chair with the heat and massage going just woke up

All in all a pretty good day

G

Ok went to the neurosurgeon yesterday. They did get medical transport for me since it was 80 miles one way. Ended up knew the guy who transported me. Anyhow the neurosurgeon wants another MRI because I am getting shooting burning pains down my right side. Tuesday back up there to go to the trauma doc who first saw me ( shrug). Wed it is the orthopedic doc for my shoulder which is local. I was cleared to drive my car short distances as long as I am not on pain killers or muscle relaxers.
So this Am I took advantage of my personal freedom and went to my course. They have lifted some Covid 19 restrictions and I was able to sit on the patio and enjoy my coffee and cigar. I did roll a couple of putts with my Bobby Grace Mark 5. Shoulder hurt so I did quit after about 4 putts. It was a nice day so I filled my car with gas and took a little ride up the beach with the windows open and the sunroof open blasting that Boise Stereo with old beach music. Went home about 11:00 was hurting some took 2 muscle relaxers and nodded off in my chair with the heat and massage going just woke up
All in all a pretty good day

Yup, good day. Hope the Docs can get you fixed up quickly and back out there and enjoying your well deserved retirement and above all No Ladders!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Rest up Stu and I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully you have some good weather to sit out on the patio for a bit.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I've always thought Brother Stu deserved his own thread.  I think we'd all agree it rather it be for better reasons, though.  😮

Stu, if the weather allows, I'll do my best to hit some 1 irons in your honor today.  😎

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

1 hour ago, NRJyzr said:

I've always thought Brother Stu deserved his own thread.  I think we'd all agree it rather it be for better reasons, though.  😮

Stu, if the weather allows, I'll do my best to hit some 1 irons in your honor today.  😎

Scorch em man like head high 5 to 6 feet with a little 3 yard cut---- That my man is the world famous "Stuey Stinger". Man there are folks here that curse that shot including my bud Bear. I will admit my bud Bear hates a cut and he himself hits a beautiful little controlled draw. I have to remind him from time to time that a guy named Nicklaus won 18 majors with that little cut and I will also add with Macgregor clubs too. Now on your defense I know a guy named Watson "Out Watsoned" Nicklaus a few times ( as Jack put it) with Ram Clubs

G

14 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Rest up Stu and I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully you have some good weather to sit out on the patio for a bit.

Thanks yes I did this AM---- Was out there real early and talked to my Saturday morning bunch. Did roll a few on the putting green prompted one of my partners to crack to a old guy named Joe--- "Hey look at this Stuey has a broken back and putts better than you"------- One of the guys suggested they play this other bunch with me putting only but I said no because I know I can not take 18 holes riding a cart on that course--- He kinda hung his head and said sorry I said that's ok you do not know.  I ride over there which is less than 2 miles with my heated seat on and the suspension of the car set on soft.

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Thanks yes I did this AM---- Was out there real early and talked to my Saturday morning bunch. Did roll a few on the putting green prompted one of my partners to crack to a old guy named Joe--- "Hey look at this Stuey has a broken back and putts better than you"------- One of the guys suggested they play this other bunch with me putting only but I said no because I know I can not take 18 holes riding a cart on that course--- He kinda hung his head and said sorry I said that's ok you do not know.  I ride over there which is less than 2 miles with my heated seat on and the suspension of the car set on soft.

Glad you're feeling a little better Stu, keep being careful until you are fully healed.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

I'm sorry to hear Stu! Get well soon - I'll be praying for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

15 hours ago, jaskanski said:

Wishing Big Stu a speedy recovery. Keep your chin up and your ballfight down. ✌️

LOL that was something I had to learn when I moved here 20 years ago. Keeping it low in all this wind on the coast

G