Grand Stranded

The "GET WELL SOON, BIG STU" thread

Our Sponsors

10 hours ago, AmishJason said:

This is about how a typical conversation down here in Arkansas goes.  I encountered a whole new, yet familiar kind of redneck when I moved here from Kentucky.

LOL I have known chisag for years on here and WRX--- Let you in on a secret he was originally from North Carolina I think he told me but some how ended up in Chicago

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

OK Folks update 7-15-20
Been doing my PT on shoulder. It is progressing fine. I have 8 more sessions I think it is. Went to the neurologist on my back yesterday. He told me to ditch the brace some and has given me the green light to start PT and says I can start hitting some light wedge shots. The PT he subscribed has to do with core strength so you guys know more distance. Have a shoulder PT this afternoon and one tomorrow. The good thing is the PT place is darn near in my back yard and i can leave there and drive about a mile to the course. I will  be at the course first light to try and see how it works out. For now I am just flopping shots with the 56 and 60 only going back to around to 9:00 and finishing at 3:00. Depending on therapy it will be at least 6 weeks before full bore again

Good to hear you are on the road to recovery buddy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

WITB:

Louisville Smart Persimmon Driver

Louisville Niblick Persimmon 3 & 5 woods

Hogan UIHI 4-iron*

Hogan PTx Pro 5-7*

Hogan Icon 8-PW*

KZG 51 gap wedge

KZG 56 sand wedge

Rife Legend Z Putter

*denotes clubs being tested

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

OK Folks update 7-15-20

Been doing my PT on shoulder. It is progressing fine. I have 8 more sessions I think it is. Went to the neurologist on my back yesterday. He told me to ditch the brace some and has given me the green light to start PT and says I can start hitting some light wedge shots. The PT he subscribed has to do with core strength so you guys know more distance. Have a shoulder PT this afternoon and one tomorrow. The good thing is the PT place is darn near in my back yard and i can leave there and drive about a mile to the course. I will  be at the course first light to try and see how it works out. For now I am just flopping shots with the 56 and 60 only going back to around to 9:00 and finishing at 3:00. Depending on therapy it will be at least 6 weeks before full bore again

Incredible glad you’re able to swing and overall getting back to normal quickly 

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Update 7-30-20    Finished up with shoulder therapy last Friday got pretty much a green light there. The Ortho doc released me on that yesterday. Also the therapist did the evaluation on my back yesterday morning and had a conference with my Neurologist. I trust her completely she helped get my shoulder going. Come to find out her husband used to be a assistant at my old course and I know him well. Me and him have been partners on several teams over the years. Even though she really does not play golf she has extensive knowledge of the golf swing having been married to a pro and she is a experienced therapist. But I have been warned that the back will be a long road and I absolutely can not go at it like I can the shoulder. Most of the shoulder exercises she had me doing I was doing anyhow before being hurt to try to get my shoulders turning a little faster. I have my first back session tomorrow afternoon 

• Like 5

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

Update 7-30-20    Finished up with shoulder therapy last Friday got pretty much a green light there. The Ortho doc released me on that yesterday. Also the therapist did the evaluation on my back yesterday morning and had a conference with my Neurologist. I trust her completely she helped get my shoulder going. Come to find out her husband used to be a assistant at my old course and I know him well. Me and him have been partners on several teams over the years. Even though she really does not play golf she has extensive knowledge of the golf swing having been married to a pro and she is a experienced therapist. But I have been warned that the back will be a long road and I absolutely can not go at it like I can the shoulder. Most of the shoulder exercises she had me doing I was doing anyhow before being hurt to try to get my shoulders turning a little faster. I have my first back session tomorrow afternoon 

Sounds like thing sure are getting better! Take care of the back issues and you should be your old self again.
You’re banned from ladders and high places..

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Sounds like thing sure are getting better! Take care of the back issues and you should be your old self again.
You’re banned from ladders and high places..emoji33.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Oh trust me my days of ladders are over with--- My bud who is a 3rd generation owner commercial paint contractor company is now 60. He has not climbed a ladder since I got hurt. said his 3 daughters had been on his butt anyhow and my deal sealed it for him

• Like 2

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

Stu I'm glad things are getting better for you 

• Like 2

@Big Stu, sorry I'm coming late to the party. Here's to wishing you a speedy recovery. The sooner your back on the course the better.. I'm sure Mrs Stu will agree. Enjoy a nice cigar for me.. God speed..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Hope your feeling better and back on the moss real soon 👍.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter