TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Drivers Anyone? Anyone?

Fugatec

• 2 weeks later...

Well, due to the member testing, and the high rating from y’all I bought it. Love love love it. Crush it too. And the Fujikura shaft is amazing. It feels like a cant miss. I’m back to taking lines I wouldn’t have dated with my old driver

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Trufit put me into this driver as well and I just saw my local range carries it as a demo. I think I'm going to need to try it out now!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

I tried the EXS last year at PGA store and it hung with all the OEMs that I tried for fraction of the price. I still have a 6 year old Tour Edge XSG7 Beta that hits absolute bombs with pretty solid dispersion so didn't feel like I needed a change. Will definitely consider the EXS or the newest Tour Edge whenever I change, but the SIM looks pretty great too once it's got an old model price.

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

On 5/26/2020 at 6:05 AM, twyatt700 said:

Trufit put me into this driver as well and I just saw my local range carries it as a demo. I think I'm going to need to try it out now!

Face is HOT. It feels like you can't miss and when you do it still goes a mile. It's my next driver. However, I would like to try it with the HZRDUS Yellow Shaft before I make that decision. I hit it with the 4T Ventus and loved it but want to see if I can squeeze out another few mph's with the HZRDUS.

17 hours ago, Skulled Birdies said:

Face is HOT. It feels like you can't miss and when you do it still goes a mile. It's my next driver. However, I would like to try it with the HZRDUS Yellow Shaft before I make that decision. I hit it with the 4T Ventus and loved it but want to see if I can squeeze out another few mph's with the HZRDUS.

That's the suggested shaft for me too.  I ordered a used one from Global Golf to try with my F8.  I did the super speed training protocol and need an x stiff shaft now.  #Speedproblems 😂

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

I recently purchased the EXS and a weight kit directly from Tour Edge.

Changed the weights to a 6 gram (heel) and 14 gram (rear). Am getting major yardage for my age and swing.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

56 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I recently purchased the EXS and a weight kit directly from Tour Edge.

Changed the weights to a 6 gram (heel) and 14 gram (rear). Am getting major yardage for my age and swing.

That's a lot of mass added to the head. What shaft flex and length are you playing it at? What did your swing weight come out to be? 

My bag is a revolving door!

That's a lot of mass added to the head. What shaft flex and length are you playing it at? What did your swing weight come out to be? 

Haven’t measured it yet, but at +8 grams that should make it D4?

It does feel a bit heavy, but the results are DTM.

Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

On 6/2/2020 at 8:35 AM, twyatt700 said:

That's the suggested shaft for me too.  I ordered a used one from Global Golf to try with my F8.  I did the super speed training protocol and need an x stiff shaft now.  #Speedproblems 😂

For reals? I've had my superspeed training set going into my 3rd week now and I'm definitely starting to feel the mechanical differences in my swing transitioning from "harder" to "faster" and totally messing with my yardages. I was able to test the HZRDUS Yellow vs. the 4T Ventus shafts with the EXS 220 just now and the conter balance on the HZRDUS made the weight feel amazing and also lowered the spin significantly. Just a great performing numbers wise and loading at the top felt right. Side by side the Ventus felt too whippy.

I had already had made the conscious decision it was my next driver but now the issue is the EXS 220 Tour model comes out next week with a smaller head, moveable weight and deeper face to help with reduce spin so I wanna give it a throw first. My swing wasn't 100% when I hit it today but was still able to pipe a few over 300 topping out at a max distance of 310, 112 mph swing speed and 162 max ball speed. Spin was up 500-750 rpm comparatively from the last time I was hitting the Ventus but the few I got out there were sub 2000 rpm. If I can drop the spin even lower it's gonna get hard to swing with a constant erection. 

Initially I went because I needed to fill in some clubs I had to order to replace my Miura's that were stolen. I got the Honma TW737 V 10-5 that I got bent 2 degrees flat and ordered 4-2 iron of Mizuno MP-20 HMB. They match the progression of loft with the Honma's best. I was skeptical with a hollow club but Mizuno hits it out of the park in the feels and performance.

• 2 weeks later...
For reals? I've had my superspeed training set going into my 3rd week now and I'm definitely starting to feel the mechanical differences in my swing transitioning from "harder" to "faster" and totally messing with my yardages. I was able to test the HZRDUS Yellow vs. the 4T Ventus shafts with the EXS 220 just now and the conter balance on the HZRDUS made the weight feel amazing and also lowered the spin significantly. Just a great performing numbers wise and loading at the top felt right. Side by side the Ventus felt too whippy.
I had already had made the conscious decision it was my next driver but now the issue is the EXS 220 Tour model comes out next week with a smaller head, moveable weight and deeper face to help with reduce spin so I wanna give it a throw first. My swing wasn't 100% when I hit it today but was still able to pipe a few over 300 topping out at a max distance of 310, 112 mph swing speed and 162 max ball speed. Spin was up 500-750 rpm comparatively from the last time I was hitting the Ventus but the few I got out there were sub 2000 rpm. If I can drop the spin even lower it's gonna get hard to swing with a constant erection. 
Initially I went because I needed to fill in some clubs I had to order to replace my Miura's that were stolen. I got the Honma TW737 V 10-5 that I got bent 2 degrees flat and ordered 4-2 iron of Mizuno MP-20 HMB. They match the progression of loft with the Honma's best. I was skeptical with a hollow club but Mizuno hits it out of the park in the feels and performance.

Sorry to hear you had your clubs stolen! That sucks! Did you get insurance to cover the cost of replacement?
But that’s awesome to hear you’re bombing it! I finally got to test it out on the range and course this last week and all I can say is wow! My dispersion was so much better and I think I gained a little distance too. It was adjustment to not have the whippy feel that I had with the Adila. I have no idea on the spin but the feel was much more solid. This is on my trusty old Cobra F8. I’m in the same boat though. I like the Pro version with the weights. I definitely need to actually get fitted on my next driver purchase. I think I’m past the point on the Global Golf bargain shopping

15 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

Sorry to hear you had your clubs stolen! That sucks! Did you get insurance to cover the cost of replacement?
But that’s awesome to hear you’re bombing it! I finally got to test it out on the range and course this last week and all I can say is wow! My dispersion was so much better and I think I gained a little distance too. It was adjustment to not have the whippy feel that I had with the Adila. I have no idea on the spin but the feel was much more solid. This is on my trusty old Cobra F8. I’m in the same boat though. I like the Pro version with the weights. I definitely need to actually get fitted on my next driver purchase. I think I’m past the point on the Global Golf bargain shopping emoji23.png

Thanks for the sentiment. I am getting them replaced right now through insurance but things are just starting to normalize the bay area that I'm able to go out and get fitted. Right now I'm building the set. I didn't want to get my heart completely broken again so I'm breaking up my clubs a bit. I got the Honma TW737 V 5-10 irons. Clubs are little stronger which I like for my gaps distances. Filled in Mizuno MP-20 HMB for 4-2 irons which should be ready next week. Gonna get fitted for either the Ping G10, EXS 220 or the EXS 220 Pro. Need a 50 and a and 56 which I'll bend to a 55 and I have a 60.

I used to really like the whippy feel but as I've gotten better with my timing I don't need that whippy feel to get there and I get a penetrating flight that runs forever. It also helps since I've upped my swing speed but realistically with my build and frame I'm never gonna be able to squeeze out enough to need an x-stiff. Getting fitted taught got me used to the importance of numbers and dispersion. I switched to graphite because it was stupid how much tighter it is compared to any of the steel shafts. I'll post a pic of my set when I'm there. 

Keep it in the short grass. 

Thanks for the sentiment. I am getting them replaced right now through insurance but things are just starting to normalize the bay area that I'm able to go out and get fitted. Right now I'm building the set. I didn't want to get my heart completely broken again so I'm breaking up my clubs a bit. I got the Honma TW737 V 5-10 irons. Clubs are little stronger which I like for my gaps distances. Filled in Mizuno MP-20 HMB for 4-2 irons which should be ready next week. Gonna get fitted for either the Ping G10, EXS 220 or the EXS 220 Pro. Need a 50 and a and 56 which I'll bend to a 55 and I have a 60.
I used to really like the whippy feel but as I've gotten better with my timing I don't need that whippy feel to get there and I get a penetrating flight that runs forever. It also helps since I've upped my swing speed but realistically with my build and frame I'm never gonna be able to squeeze out enough to need an x-stiff. Getting fitted taught got me used to the importance of numbers and dispersion. I switched to graphite because it was stupid how much tighter it is compared to any of the steel shafts. I'll post a pic of my set when I'm there. 
Keep it in the short grass. 

I need to get fitted. What are you going with for the wedges?

7 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

I need to get fitted. What are you going with for the wedges?

I'm in the fortunate position of kid in a candy store with free tasters. I've had success with Taylormade in the past so right now I'm looking at the Milled Grind, Honma TW-W4 and Cobra MIM. Taylormade is a bit firm and clicky but it sets up well to my eye, haven't yet tried the Honma but it scores really well the previous MGS wedge test in the areas I care about, spin and dispersion. I've also had my eye on the Cobra MIM wedge. I've already got it set up to hit these when the clubs I ordered arrive. Also gonna try and test the drivers.

I'm in the fortunate position of kid in a candy store with free tasters. I've had success with Taylormade in the past so right now I'm looking at the Milled Grind, Honma TW-W4 and Cobra MIM. Taylormade is a bit firm and clicky but it sets up well to my eye, haven't yet tried the Honma but it scores really well the previous MGS wedge test in the areas I care about, spin and dispersion. I've also had my eye on the Cobra MIM wedge. I've already got it set up to hit these when the clubs I ordered arrive. Also gonna try and test the drivers.

I like the look of the MIM’s. I play the TM MG in 54 and 58 and love them. They seem to spin really well and are very workable. But I’m truly jealous! Lol Have fun bud!

On 6/1/2020 at 6:33 PM, Skulled Birdies said:

I bought with the Ventus. It feels like I cannot miss with this driver. Love it

Mine came with the same shaft I have in my F8.....Tense ck Blue. I have been experimenting with the weight kit and right now have 3 gr & 14 gr weights. Trying to increase my launch.

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Mine came with the same shaft I have in my F8.....Tense ck Blue. I have been experimenting with the weight kit and right now have 3 gr & 14 gr weights. Trying to increase my launch.

Where do you get the weight kits? 

On 6/16/2020 at 6:21 PM, Skulled Birdies said:

Literally my words with a sh*t eating grin while hitting it. Straight ropes. 

😁

• 1 month later...

I have been playing the EXS for a little over a year now. Have the Tensi CK (Blue) at 46.25". Also bought the weight kit (directly from Tour Edge) and am using the 3g in the heel with the 14g in the rear. Swing weight is D4.5. I have the 10.5 degree head and am currently set at the "N" position.

Love the driver, well struck balls are straight and distance is comparable if not a little better for me than several of the much higher costing drivers I tried. Mis-hits are still pretty good so I think it is a forgiving club.

With the loft adjustments and the weight kit you can really dial in the ball flight pattern you want. During the windy/dry time of the year with little grass in the fairways I crank it down to get low flight and max roll but in the summer heat with wetter grassy fairways I am set for max carry and take what roll I can get. I am not a long hitter, around 88 mph swing speed and my carry is about 210 yds. My "P" average in Shot Scope is around 240 yds. This club works very well for me.

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

Where do you get the weight kits? 

Although they say “sold out” on the website, I called and got it right away.

Currently I am using the 3 and 11 gram weights.

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

I have been playing the EXS for a little over a year now. Have the Tensi CK (Blue) at 46.25". Also bought the weight kit (directly from Tour Edge) and am using the 3g in the heel with the 14g in the rear. Swing weight is D4.5. I have the 10.5 degree head and am currently set at the "N" position.
Love the driver, well struck balls are straight and distance is comparable if not a little better for me than several of the much higher costing drivers I tried. Mis-hits are still pretty good so I think it is a forgiving club.
With the loft adjustments and the weight kit you can really dial in the ball flight pattern you want. During the windy/dry time of the year with little grass in the fairways I crank it down to get low flight and max roll but in the summer heat with wetter grassy fairways I am set for max carry and take what roll I can get. I am not a long hitter, around 88 mph swing speed and my carry is about 210 yds. My "P" average in Shot Scope is around 240 yds. This club works very well for me.

Great review Larry, I have the same shaft and my Swing speed is about same as yours. My miss is a Mickey Mantle(dead Yank) but it’s stays in play. A couple weeks ago I was 13/14 FIR according to Shot Scope. Had some issues getting the ball flight so I got the weight kit and played around with them.

Great Driver!

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Switch over to the TourEdge Exotic Pro, fantastic club, long and straight.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

5 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

Wait until you hit the C721!

Really, i just got it too.. it will have to wait.😭

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag