Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Here's a set I'm really liking the looks of

NGage

These are pretty sweet, although, the Cleveland rep came through the store on Friday with the new CG Tour Split set, and already one of the fellas has ordered a set. I hear good things....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I love Cleveland... beautiful looking clubs...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

I hit these a couple of times. This will probably be my next set when the burners run their course. I have heard though that the black f ish had wear issues.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

The black pearl finish has always had issues. They still look MEAN!!

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Why did it take them so long to offer a club with the GelBack technology in black. It really understates that part of the design and makes for clean, almost classy looking iron. I'd totally game those.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

Why did it take them so long to offer a club with the GelBack technology in black. It really understates that part of the design and makes for clean, almost classy looking iron. I'd totally game those.

This is what had me looking. The yellow and red was always a bit on the ugly for me. All black is cool. Ninja cool...

Volvo Intorqueo

......the Cleveland rep came through the store on Friday with the new CG Tour Split set, and already one of the fellas has ordered a set. I hear good things....

At our local golf show I saw, and hit, both the set I mentioned and the set you mentioned above. The CG Tour look good, for sure, but are not very forgiving. The CG7 Tour Black Pearl's felt very nice.

I agree, Cleveland is definitely an overlooked brand that is putting out some good stuff. I was browsing the iron selection at GG the other day and noticed, independent of this thread, that Cleveland had some nice looking sets that I hadn't really thought about before. I also know that they must perform, because my godfather was bagging a set of the gelbacks last year and he's got a set of just about everything. If it makes his bag, it must be some of the best stuff out there.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

I agree, Cleveland is definitely an overlooked brand that is putting out some good stuff. I was browsing the iron selection at GG the other day and noticed, independent of this thread, that Cleveland had some nice looking sets that I hadn't really thought about before. I also know that they must perform, because my godfather was bagging a set of the gelbacks last year and he's got a set of just about everything. If it makes his bag, it must be some of the best stuff out there.

The all Cleveland bag could be quite good. New Launcher driver, fwy?, 2009 launcher hybrids (my bias, love them), these irons, cg15 wedges, new copper insert putter.

Not too shabby.

Volvo Intorqueo

The all Cleveland bag could be quite good. New Launcher driver, fwy?, 2009 launcher hybrids (my bias, love them), these irons, cg15 wedges, new copper insert putter.

Not too shabby.

Good call. I've heard great things about the DST, and their wedges are always solid (though I've never bagged a set myself). I did try their putters the other day at GG. I thought they felt pretty good and had pretty nice looks to them, and for the price, wow. If I was setting up a newbie with a bag, I would probably start there.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I've hit them. They are pretty nice. I'm not a CB guy, but still a solid club. Cleveland also has a new fitting cart that's pretty nice.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Not too shabby.

I'd go Cleveland Classic on the putter but I agree - almost everything they have out there now is pretty solid. And that deal they offered on iron set replacement last year was amazing. I bet guys that are upgrading to the current 2010 line-up are loving life right now.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I'd go Cleveland Classic on the putter but I agree - almost everything they have out there now is pretty solid. And that deal they offered on iron set replacement last year was amazing. I bet guys that are upgrading to the current 2010 line-up are loving life right now.

That is really true. I'm sure the Cleveland brass are not loving life however. What are they gonna do with all of the old sets??

• SPY VIP

That is really true. I'm sure the Cleveland brass are not loving life however. What are they gonna do with all of the old sets??

It would be great PR if they could find a way to donate them to high school golf teams...

Volvo Intorqueo

It would be great PR if they could find a way to donate them to high school golf teams...

Do you know many high school golfers that want to sport senior flex Hibore irons???

J/K

That would be a great thing to do with them, but I suspect that there will be a program similar to Callaway and the Preowned site.

• SPY VIP

Do you know many high school golfers that want to sport senior flex Hibore irons???

J/K

That would be a great thing to do with them, but I suspect that there will be a program similar to Callaway and the Preowned site.

HIBORE!

Do you think that they would be as successful as Callawaypreowned? Do you know anyone who has used Tour Edge preowned?

Volvo Intorqueo

HIBORE!

Do you think that they would be as successful as Callawaypreowned? Do you know anyone who has used Tour Edge preowned?

Tour edge preowned, no. As far as being as successful as Callaway, I highly doubt it. That brand has a certain mystique surrounding it that Cleveland does not have. We shall see...

• SPY VIP

Tour edge preowned, no. As far as being as successful as Callaway, I highly doubt it. That brand has a certain mystique surrounding it that Cleveland does not have. We shall see...

Tour edge did have good used prices when I was shopping for the exotics fairway.

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived