RyanJohnson_Official

Anyone get fitted for a ball?

Our Sponsors

On 5/22/2020 at 12:38 PM, Cg1614 said:

I was looking to get a full bag fitting with Club Champion when things open up in NJ.  I look forward to the ball that I should be playing.  I have noticed I spin the ball a little too much.  
I don’t know if anyone watches TXG on YouTube, but they have a great video with grip size and what the differences are.  One thing I didn’t realize is how bigger (midsize) grips can present a higher loft and higher spin at impact.  It can help slow hand rotation and help to leave the club face open.  I believe a full bag fitting, including grips and ball, are really the best for anyone.  I know many places offer free fitting with a purchase!!!

I play midsize grips. Can't say I've ever heard of a place doing a complete fitting that includes grips!

I wish I could do a ball fitting. I have always been an x type player (TP5x, Prov1x), and I always wondered if I would not like a different type of player.

C863FD6F-A6FF-4575-AE0B-D47F55C55EE2.jpeg

PgaTour superstore will do one for free: you pick the balls you wanna try, and they show your dispersion/stats. I did one 2 years ago and was fit into chrome softs.

• Like 1

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

I really think that the golf ball has much more importance than many golfer think.

just look at tour pros.

for me the ball that fits me is something that has not too much spin off the driver and a firm feeling. 
I own a skytrak so I use it for ball fitting and right now the Snell MTB Black and Srixon Q-Star tour are the ones that suit me.

big fan of ball fitting!

:callaway-small:Mavrik 10.5 Graphite Design TourAD TP5s

:callaway-small: Mavrik 15 Project X Evenflow Riptide

:callaway-small: Apex 3H Project X Catalyst 

PXG 0211 4-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80g

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB Black

On 5/29/2020 at 7:18 PM, SteveG said:

I play midsize grips. Can't say I've ever heard of a place doing a complete fitting that includes grips!

I have not heard of it either, but I never really thought of grips more than for preference of feel.  I didn’t realize it could have effects like that.  I believe more testing is necessary to confirm results with other players.  

I’ve done the in person fitting with bridgestone several times when they used to do them. They only told driver swing and then based ball around those numbers, similar to what they do with the vfit.
I believe TM and Titleist fitting have shots hit with wedges, iron and driver. 

Getting fit for a golf ball is a good thing and as if not more important than the club fittings

I’ve also done the Bridgestone fitting; was lucky enough to be able to do it AT Bridgestone’s facility in Covington, GA. It is based on driver swings, but they do have a pretty detailed Q&A with you regarding what you’re playing now, and what your preferences are in a ball. (Distance, green side spin, etc etc) It’s not an hour on a Trackman, but it’s better than picking at random for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Driver Graphite Design AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - AW)  KBS Tour 130x

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Wedges (54, 58)
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder