Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

WITB Mid Upgrade

In the middle of upgrading my set. Would love feedback on some options moving me into a set that isn’t 10+ years old 

Some background, I played at an NAIA school from 04-08 and hovered around a scratch. Still play, just not near enough with 3 kids. I still play to a 3 but just can’t get over the hump

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Subzero- hate the sound, love how I hit it  Black Smoke 6.5

3 Wood- Callaway Epic Flash, adjusted for 16* Black Smoke 6.5

Irons- 3-PW 2007 Callaway XForged Rigle 6.5. Really liking the look of the Sub 70 and like the idea of a solid iron at a lower price point

Wedges: 08ish Vokey. 52,56 and 60. Wedge flex shafts  these are on their last leg

Putter: Silver Spider Tour- just got this in the last two months and love it. 

Trying to be price conscious but get a good upgrade. Fine moving away from 3-PW and adding a hybrid. Appreciate any feedback!

3 minutes ago, tkemp6 said:

In the middle of upgrading my set. Would love feedback on some options moving me into a set that isn’t 10+ years old 

Some background, I played at an NAIA school from 04-08 and hovered around a scratch. Still play, just not near enough with 3 kids. I still play to a 3 but just can’t get over the hump

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Subzero- hate the sound, love how I hit it  Black Smoke 6.5

3 Wood- Callaway Epic Flash, adjusted for 16* Black Smoke 6.5

Irons- 3-PW 2007 Callaway XForged Rigle 6.5. Really liking the look of the Sub 70 and like the idea of a solid iron at a lower price point

Wedges: 08ish Vokey. 52,56 and 60. Wedge flex shafts  these are on their last leg

Putter: Silver Spider Tour- just got this in the last two months and love it. 

Trying to be price conscious but get a good upgrade. Fine moving away from 3-PW and adding a hybrid. Appreciate any feedback!

Don't know much about the Sub 70 irons, but they look good on their web site. It sounds like you are still a talented golfer, probably just don't get to practice, etc. Been there, done that with 3 kids. I am sure you will do your research and find the right set up. Good Luck!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Look at the Ben Hogan irons also.  Amazing irons at a very budget friendly price.  Also, the Equalizer wedges are incredible and much less costly than the major OEMs.