TESTERS WANTED! ×

Are all golf balls round

GraceRW

Independent tests prove for some manufacturers, given a large enough sample size of the same model of ball, the shape can change and they can also display different playing characteristics

Edited by GraceRW

Independent tests prove for some manufacturers, given a large enough sample size of the same model of ball, the shape can change and they can also display different playing characteristics

Yes, and My Golf Spy is currently doing such a test. Did you look at the results from last year’s MGS ball test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Being down so to speak and bored I have read several articles on the subject. I do not lose many balls I end up beating them to death. I still have my roundness gauge from the balata days. Had it in the house and had my wife bring my shag bag  in. Yep it is true and not confined to one brand or style ( hard or soft) i will add at 63 years of age I am not a big hitter anymore either. But some of those balls have had 72 holes of play and no telling how many practice shots out of the bag. I did notice I had a couple of TP5X that had little cracks and a couple of Duos the same way. Honestly would not have noticed without my reading glasses on. My SOP I will front line game a ball for 18 or so or I scuff it off a tree or cart path or skin it with a wedge. Usually the soft balls get routed to the vintage bag for a few holes and then the shag bag. I actually have some in the shag bag with the paint and logo beat off of them. Now I do lose a ball every now and then especially playing vintage when I try the things of my youth like trying to carry a persimmon 2 wood 230 over a hazard. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G