Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Availability, price (£199), convenience, portability, user friendliness, swing & ball speed accuracy and smash factor are insane, carry & total distance are also fairly accurate (super sufficient for gap testing purposes and wedge distance control)...knowing your numbers is a complete game changer when working on swing speed, all from a pocket sized launch monitor that runs on 4 * AAA batteries, that’s not fussy about location or whether you’re in a net in the backyard, down at the range or on the course - checkout the YT review from MrShortGame

D2FFB05A-7BF1-4486-980E-7CE34AE43BEA.jpeg

Edited by GraceRW

Availability, price (£199), convenience, portability, user friendliness, swing & ball speed accuracy and smash factor are insane, carry & total distance are also fairly accurate (super sufficient for gap testing purposes and wedge distance control)...knowing your numbers is a complete game changer when working on swing speed, all from a pocket sized launch monitor that runs on 4 * AAA batteries, that’s not fussy about location or whether you’re in a net in the backyard, down at the range or on the course - checkout the YT review from MrShortGame
D2FFB05A-7BF1-4486-980E-7CE34AE43BEA.thumb.jpeg.65556c9978da723d344db79bea2d78b4.jpeg

Meh. “Fairly accurate”, and “knowing your numbers”..... Kind of a conflict isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I've actually thought about getting this a lot. Going from no access to data to this would be a big leap that would benefit me a lot. Especially swing speed and gapping would be awesome. I watched that review and love the thought of making range time more meaningful than the squinting, I think that landed near the 150 sign that I do now. Especially since the course closest to me has a sloped driving range

I have been debating about this as well. I debate back and forth between this and the SC200+ wanting to track swings on superspeed would be a huge plus. I really like remote for the SC200+ but is it worth the price hike. 

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I got one a couple days ago and its good! I recently got fitted at Club Champion and so have an idea of where my numbers were on their trackman, swing speed wise, and the numbers that I have been seeing on this are quite similar, like within a 5% range. And for the price its unbeatable. 

I actually got the Japanese version, its available on eBay for like $100, so basically half the price, the only 3 differences are 1) It shows my swing speed in M/S, and I know theres a way to change because I can see MPH on the screen, just can't figure out how to switch to it and 2) It doesn't show total distance, which is barely ever accurate because total distance numbers depend on spin, course condition and many other factors and 3) Its red in color, which makes no difference to me. 

So all in all, not a bad investment to know my numbers.

PRGR.jpeg

:SuperSpeed: Training: 

Initial Driver Speed: 90 MPH

WITB: Fitting Location: Club Champion - Houston, TX 

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 - Stiff

3 Wood/ 4 Hybrid: :taylormade-small: RBZ w/Aldila NV

4-PW: :titelist-small: T-100 w/ KBS Tour V - Stiff 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM7 Vokey Wedges - 50, 54, 58 

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works #1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B

Rangefinder: Bushnell Pro X2 

On 5/17/2020 at 9:54 PM, pozzit said:

I have been debating about this as well. I debate back and forth between this and the SC200+ wanting to track swings on superspeed would be a huge plus. I really like remote for the SC200+ but is it worth the price hike. 

What's the difference between the SC200 and the SC200 + other than price? 

EDIT  - I did find it. The SC200 + captures data without needing to hit a ball.  So I guess my answer then depends on what you want to use it for. Just swing speed training or use with all of you clubs on a range. If its the latter I'd go for the extra $$ and get the plus simply for the convince of being able to change clubs and lofts with the ease of a remote. Note: I don't see the ability to change lofts on the PRGR and it doesn't capture smash factor. . 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

48 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

The main difference is that the Plus can measure swing speed without hitting a ball. Mainly to measure superspeed.

4 hours ago, YKodvavi said:

I got one a couple days ago and its good! I recently got fitted at Club Champion and so have an idea of where my numbers were on their trackman, swing speed wise, and the numbers that I have been seeing on this are quite similar, like within a 5% range. And for the price its unbeatable. 

I actually got the Japanese version, its available on eBay for like $100, so basically half the price, the only 3 differences are 1) It shows my swing speed in M/S, and I know theres a way to change because I can see MPH on the screen, just can't figure out how to switch to it and 2) It doesn't show total distance, which is barely ever accurate because total distance numbers depend on spin, course condition and many other factors and 3) Its red in color, which makes no difference to me. 

So all in all, not a bad investment to know my numbers.

PRGR.jpeg

I have been seen that on ebay as well and have been curious about that version since 1) its only $100 and 2) its the only PRGR that seems to be in stock. Glad you feel its accurate enough. 

Question I have this question for the PRGR and SC200/200+ can you look at previous swing data after a session? 

7 minutes ago, pozzit said:

The main difference is that the Plus can measure swing speed without hitting a ball. Mainly to measure superspeed.

I have been seen that on ebay as well and have been curious about that version since 1) its only $100 and 2) its the only PRGR that seems to be in stock. Glad you feel its accurate enough. 

Question I have this question for the PRGR and SC200/200+ can you look at previous swing data after a session? 

With the SC200 it has a setting for averages for a club/session. What I typically do is take a picture with my phone of the screen. It's my understanding that the SC300 has the ability to send the data to your phone - but heard that it's not foolproof. Here's a link to the SC 200 manual. That'll give you more detail. https://voicecaddie.com/manual-download/

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

6 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

With the SC200 it has a setting for averages for a club/session. What I typically do is take a picture with my phone of the screen. It's my understanding that the SC300 has the ability to send the data to your phone - but heard that it's not foolproof. Here's a link to the SC 200 manual. That'll give you more detail. https://voicecaddie.com/manual-download/

Thanks this was super helpful looks like you cant see averages over ALL or just for that DAY. Thats nice but removing some outliers would be helpful as well. 

Just now, pozzit said:

Thanks this was super helpful looks like you cant see averages over ALL or just for that DAY. Thats nice but removing some outliers would be helpful as well. 

Take a look at ES 14. Not sure if it captures non-ball swings but may give you the data you're looking for which is exportable to a spreadsheet. I borrowed the one from our Club before I got the SC200. It's a bit bulkier and must be placed in a specific location but did serve the purpose for me at the time. . 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

14 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Take a look at ES 14. Not sure if it captures non-ball swings but may give you the data you're looking for which is exportable to a spreadsheet. I borrowed the one from our Club before I got the SC200. It's a bit bulkier and must be placed in a specific location but did serve the purpose for me at the time. . 

Ill look into that one more in depth, I have seen that one before but not super close. You mentioned you have the SC200 and if your one of the Superspeed testers you have the PRGR how do you think those compare? Which would you prefer if you could only have one? Any standout features on either device?

31 minutes ago, pozzit said:

Ill look into that one more in depth, I have seen that one before but not super close. You mentioned you have the SC200 and if your one of the Superspeed testers you have the PRGR how do you think those compare? Which would you prefer if you could only have one? Any standout features on either device?

I have not compared the 2 on a range so can't give you data variances. It's been raining solid here for a few days - word is that our range may open tomorrow if this weather gets better, I'll be on the range comparing the two.  Note - the tester group is using the PRGR LM because we're not hitting balls with the 'sticks'.

Outside of data accuracy - if there is any, the big differences between the two are: . 

PRGR: captures data regardless of whether you use a ball,  (SS, ball speed, distance) 

SC200: Must use a ball, larger screen, remote to toggle between modes, clubs, or lofts. different mode settings, i.e. approach, target, etc. 

I did find my picture of the SC 200 instruction manual for it - it's attached but tiny print so you'll want to expand. 

It all depends on what you want  and how you want to use it - primarily ball or no ball. 

SC200_ENG-Manual_170516최종-1-1024x805.jpg

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I tried another brand for a minute. I don’t see the benefit of numbers that are “close”.... If I’m at the range, and I want to know my distances off each club so I’m better prepared on the course, how does inaccurate data help?

I tried this device out for about a week. Couldn’t get accurate readings in my garage. Followed the directions on how far to place behind me and had about 10ft of ball flight before the net. Maybe my garage has too much interference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, pozzit said:

I can't speak for the SC200(+) but with PRGR can store data of up to 500 previous swings, so all information will be saved. There is no way to export the data to any external devices but as far as viewing everything on the device itself, you should be fine .

On 5/19/2020 at 2:29 PM, PMookie said:

I tried another brand for a minute. I don’t see the benefit of numbers that are “close”.... If I’m at the range, and I want to know my distances off each club so I’m better prepared on the course, how does inaccurate data help?

A bit of a contradiction here, even with Trackman you’d struggle to know your distances off each club at the range using range balls 😂

On 5/18/2020 at 2:12 AM, TShaffer said:

I've actually thought about getting this a lot. Going from no access to data to this would be a big leap that would benefit me a lot. Especially swing speed and gapping would be awesome. I watched that review and love the thought of making range time more meaningful than the squinting, I think that landed near the 150 sign that I do now. Especially since the course closest to me has a sloped driving range

Practice can be more fun too 👍 I’ve also found taking demo clubs out on the range is a lot more fun when comparing them against the numbers generated by your own sticks 😀

Edited by GraceRW

On 5/19/2020 at 12:15 PM, tony@CIC said:

EDIT  - I did find it. The SC200 + captures data without needing to hit a ball.  So I guess my answer then depends on what you want to use it for. Just swing speed training or use with all of you clubs on a range. If its the latter I'd go for the extra $$ and get the plus simply for the convince of being able to change clubs and lofts with the ease of a remote. Note: I don't see the ability to change lofts on the PRGR and it doesn't capture smash factor. . 

The PRGR has the ability to change the club being tracked (lofts) and calculates ‘smash’ 👍

A bit of a contradiction here, even with Trackman you’d struggle to know your distances off each club at the range using range balls

Ahh, but at least with Trackman one can adjust the settings and help normalize.....

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, YKodvavi said:

super interesting item !

i did some research and apparently you can change the m/s to mph via pushing the mode button and then arrow:

"Only downside is the instruction is in Japanese but it is pretty easy to figure out. You click on "Mode" and "Up" arrow to change to mph & yards from m/s and meters. "

from an amazon review comment

i also saw on the previous version of this launch monitor to change tp mph you needed you long press the menu button several time (cycling between different mode).

Other people are talking about another brand as well, looks very similar : yupiteru. about the same price ranges but they have more models (owing to one post, this brand is more popupalr in japan for launch monitor than the prgr ones). the easiest to find is the gst-5. In the gst-4 manual it was written you could change m/s to mph in the settings menu. for gst-5, in its manual, this particular section on settings does not exist. 

On 6/10/2020 at 1:28 PM, kennyky said:

super interesting item !

i did some research and apparently you can change the m/s to mph via pushing the mode button and then arrow:

"Only downside is the instruction is in Japanese but it is pretty easy to figure out. You click on "Mode" and "Up" arrow to change to mph & yards from m/s and meters. "

from an amazon review comment

i also saw on the previous version of this launch monitor to change tp mph you needed you long press the menu button several time (cycling between different mode).

Other people are talking about another brand as well, looks very similar : yupiteru. about the same price ranges but they have more models (owing to one post, this brand is more popupalr in japan for launch monitor than the prgr ones). the easiest to find is the gst-5. In the gst-4 manual it was written you could change m/s to mph in the settings menu. for gst-5, in its manual, this particular section on settings does not exist. 

Hi! 

Thank you for your response, I was that review as well and tried that but no luck, I tried it again after you posted with the hope that I might be doing something wrong, but still no luck! 

But its fine now, I am using an excel sheet to track my speeds and the sheet converts the numbers to MPH for me. 

I have used and owned the ES-14, Sc100, Sc-200, SC300 and the PRGR.  They all have their pluses and minuses.   I keep the PRGR in my bag because it is so small and convenient and is capable of measuring swing speed without a ball so you can use the Superspeed devices to train with.  I tested the SC200 and PRGR against the Trackman in Club champion during a fitting and the results were astonishingly accurate.   The SC300 can give spin rate on the app but not the device.  Es-14 also gives spin rates.   I'm not really sure how accurate the spin rates are though.  Lots of folks poo poo these devices because they aren't as accurate as the Foresight or Trackman.  Quite frankly I find that reservation a little absurd.  These devices aren't made to dial in your numbers for a club fitting or to determine your exact distances for a nine iron, etc.  The amateur use for this device is more for comparisons.  You have a buddy who is gaming a PXG and you want to see if your Honma irons are longer or shorter.  Or say you want to see if a 5 hybrid is longer than your 4 iron. Or perhaps you want to see if I tweak my swing this way am I hitting it longer than if I tweak it this way.  How much yardage do I lose if I take a half swing but strike center face versus a full swing off center.  On demo days you can make a real comparison between your gamer and the various offerings from a manufacturer.  I can also practice noticing the variation in my distances and work on more consistency.  i think they are great and all of them are useful.   The drawback to the ES-14 is it's placement.   You should be a fairly good ball striker to use it because it is in front and to the side rather than behind the ball.  That places it in a dangerous position  for a beginner or high handicapper.  One off the toe and it could be toast.  Just ask my wife.....,.

I have used and owned the ES-14, Sc100, Sc-200, SC300 and the PRGR.  They all have their pluses and minuses.   I keep the PRGR in my bag because it is so small and convenient and is capable of measuring swing speed without a ball so you can use the Superspeed devices to train with.  I tested the SC200 and PRGR against the Trackman in Club champion during a fitting and the results were astonishingly accurate.   The SC300 can give spin rate on the app but not the device.  Es-14 also gives spin rates.   I'm not really sure how accurate the spin rates are though.  Lots of folks poo poo these devices because they aren't as accurate as the Foresight or Trackman.  Quite frankly I find that reservation a little absurd.  These devices aren't made to dial in your numbers for a club fitting or to determine your exact distances for a nine iron, etc.  The amateur use for this device is more for comparisons.  You have a buddy who is gaming a PXG and you want to see if your Honma irons are longer or shorter.  Or say you want to see if a 5 hybrid is longer than your 4 iron. Or perhaps you want to see if I tweak my swing this way am I hitting it longer than if I tweak it this way.  How much yardage do I lose if I take a half swing but strike center face versus a full swing off center.  On demo days you can make a real comparison between your gamer and the various offerings from a manufacturer.  I can also practice noticing the variation in my distances and work on more consistency.  i think they are great and all of them are useful.   The drawback to the ES-14 is it's placement.   You should be a fairly good ball striker to use it because it is in front and to the side rather than behind the ball.  That places it in a dangerous position  for a beginner or high handicapper.  One off the toe and it could be toast.  Just ask my wife.....,.

Great write up. I've also used the ES14 and currently have the PRGR and a SC200. I didn't like the ES14 because of not only placement - especially using the template you lay on the ground but also because it's too bulky to carry around. However, I did like that you could download data.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation