Our Sponsors

Posted (edited)

The Ben Hogan golf company and brand must be one of the most exciting prospects this decade to emerge from golf recently (I’m very fond of PXG too, but price point puts them out of reach for the average Joe). Just to confuse things, I game Mizuno and Titleist...

Edited by GraceRW

Yup, they are......have a set of Ptx irons and Tk Wedges. Great clubs, terrific customer service.

BTW, I see you are a newbie......welcome aboard

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

So far I am pleased with my new Icon blades.  I reshafted them from KBS Tour V 110 stiff shafts to Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff shafts.  For me, a HUGE improvement.  The Icons are performing similarly to the 1999 Ben Hogan Apex blades I was playing.  I had adjusted my lofts to: 3 iron - 21 degrees, 4 iron - 24 degrees, 5 iron - 27 degrees, 6 iron 30 degrees, and the rest of the set progressing by 4 degrees loft.  The icons are 4 iron - 22 degrees, 5 iron - 26 degrees, 6 iron - 30 degrees and so on.  The distances for the 4 and 5 irons will have to get used to but the other irons are performing nearly the same in distance and maybe a smidge higher in trajectory.  I love the V sole and how the turf interaction are with the Icons.  I had a tendency to take a decent divot with the '99 Apex blades because of the stronger lofts resulting in a little less bounce.  I am finding that slight mishits don't result in a dramatic distance loss, maybe 1/2 club to a club at the very worst.  This is the same as I found with the '99 Apex blades.  Maybe blades promote better and repeatable swings to play well but I find these fairly easy to hit.