**Driver has left this conversation**

... Ha. I don't think the original poster has any interest in what you guys think. He hasn't been back since. LOL

On 5/16/2020 at 2:49 PM, Xavierp.21 said:

Has anyone else tried to play 18 without their Driver? If so how did your round go?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

49 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

... Ha. I don't think the original poster has any interest in what you guys think. He hasn't been back since. LOL

If the conversation keeps going he is missing out 😂😂😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Plaid--- it is kinda like starting a fight in a beer joint. Mouth off get the fight started and then when the human deification hits the rotating air mover duck and run out the door. Ya know an just saying 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

Sure, I can be wild at times with it because I struggle to close the face. A nice little 10 yard push fade with my 4 iron can become a 30-40 yard starting right, going right miss. On tight holes I will put it away for accuracy. 

There is a very short and very narrow 5,000 yard track nearby and I’ve shot a 72 hitting 1 drive on one of the two par 5’s. 

I also have taught friends that have never played the game before, two are down to 10 handicaps, and one just shot her first par yesterday on a 213 yard par 3 by wedging her second shot from the “fairway” to 3 feet. And my preference is to teach them to putt, chip, pitch and hit a short iron like an 8. Let them tee off from 150-200 yards out on every hole if they want to play, and once they consistently take divots and reasonable contact then they get the next higher club. They also move further back towards the tees until they reach driver. Usually it takes just a few months to get to a full set, with the longest gap being the jump from a hybrid to a 3 wood, then the gap from 3 wood to driver.  I like this approach bc it teaches them not only to make good technical swings, but also that you don’t need driver every hole. Just get the ball into the cup. 

• Like 1

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce