Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Srixon XV Z Star review

B.D. Scott

Ive been playing both the z star and XV since the shut down of NIKE 😭. A change that I immeadtely Loved. It had been a while since I could get a ball to spin and dead drop when I needed it. For ones with 100 mph speed it's  a plus cuts through the wind better lower spin rate off driving clubs . In my opinion the only Ball I've hit that's close in comparison or the Vice Pros and TP5x. Srixon XV still takes the 🍰 ⛳💰 

It your turn... Who plays Srixon like ole Scotty? Or what ball do you play and why???

1 hour ago, B.D. Scott said:

Ive been playing both the z star and XV since the shut down of NIKE 😭. A change that I immeadtely Loved. It had been a while since I could get a ball to spin and dead drop when I needed it. For ones with 100 mph speed it's  a plus cuts through the wind better lower spin rate off driving clubs . In my opinion the only Ball I've hit that's close in comparison or the Vice Pros and TP5x. Srixon XV still takes the 🍰 ⛳💰 

It your turn... Who plays Srixon like ole Scotty? Or what ball do you play and why???

Been playing the yellow Z Star XV for quite a few years, love it off the tee, from the rough, sometimes from the fairway.    Feels great on and around the greens.   Sweet ball.  

Fine choice Scotty.

I play Pro V1X after years of playing TP5X. The major reason for even looking at Pro V1X was because of the MGS ball test. I tested the Pro V1X vs TP5X, Pro V, and Z Star XV, and Pro V1X won out. I play the yellow. Love them.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Srixon makes good balls. TP5x and Prov1 and 1x jist work better for me. Going to give some Bridgestones a go again this year to see if they have better results for me than the previous model

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

After the big MGS ball test last year, the Z Star and XV seemed to check most of the boxes I was looking for (based on a spreadsheet someone here created with weightings for categories), so I tried both. I liked both but ultimately settled on the Z Star.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

6 hours ago, jlukes said:

Used to play the Srixon XV for many years, but switched to the Bridgestone Tour B X this year because of performs very similar while feeling and sounding so much better 

Can not wait to give the B X a try. I love the 2019 Z Star and Z Star XV. I’m thinking a head to head between the 2020 Z Star and B X is in the near future...

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

That's awesome. We have mix crowd. I know that choice of ball is made off of  launch/ spin rpm and 14 clubs ability/Durability. My dad use buy me ProV or Callaway and Hello Balloon City I had no control, hit a country mile but miss the zip. Then Nike made a good ball finally than no more Nike. I went to Sea Island Golf Performance Centre a few years ago  for a fitting and that's when I found out about Srixon Balls and Driver. I beat the M1/M2 by 15 yds  and Ball test prov /x Horrible ,callaway NASA #, Srixon Rep walks over, after  5 hits.... Hello Pro Shop "give me the whole shipment" 😂👏⛳ 

1 hour ago, B.D. Scott said:

That's awesome. We have mix crowd. I know that choice of ball is made off of  launch/ spin rpm and 14 clubs ability/Durability. My dad use buy me ProV or Callaway and Hello Balloon City I had no control, hit a country mile but miss the zip. Then Nike made a good ball finally than no more Nike. I went to Sea Island Golf Performance Centre a few years ago  for a fitting and that's when I found out about Srixon Balls and Driver. I beat the M1/M2 by 15 yds  and Ball test prov /x Horrible ,callaway NASA #, Srixon Rep walks over, after  5 hits.... Hello Pro Shop "give me the whole shipment" 😂👏⛳ 

Tried the new 2020 RZN from the same company that helped Nike develop their ball. Hopefully they show improvement next year. Best feeling ball around the green ever. Moon ball city on the long clubs. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

I play Srixon Z star XV: made the switch from chromesofts early last year, and I love paying less for a better ball! I did try a tour BX yesterday and I must admit that I’m interested, love the feel when putting, and ball flight seems similar to Srixon...

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I play the Z Star XV and Snell MTB-X. I find the Z Stars to be very durable and to play very well in the wind. I have a hard time paying more than 3 dollars a ball so obviously at retail pricing the Snell is fantastic. But you can usually load up on Z Stars when then are on sale. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!