TESTERS WANTED! ×

Lets Talk Favorite Golf App

Hi Members,

Lets use this forum to discuss your favorite golf apps to use:

• On the course
  • For Practice
  • Track the tour
  • Others

I lets see what y'all like, what y'all don't like, what are some things y'all wish your favorite apps had and lets find the best app to use.

Excited to see the responses!! 

:SuperSpeed: Training: 

Initial Driver Speed: 90 MPH

WITB: Fitting Location: Club Champion - Houston, TX 

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 - Stiff

3 Wood/ 4 Hybrid: :taylormade-small: RBZ w/Aldila NV

4-PW: :titelist-small: T-100 w/ KBS Tour V - Stiff 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM7 Vokey Wedges - 50, 54, 58 

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works #1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B

Rangefinder: Bushnell Pro X2 

20 hours ago, B.D. Scott said:

Golf apps for course I use 18 Birdies great app. Golf logic has a green reading options that's pretty handy. I use the PGA tour app to follow all golf 

How well does the green reading feature on the Golf Logic App work? 

I personally use Hole19 as my course App, works great and the GPS system on the App works pretty well too. 

Only golf app I have is golfpad.  Distances seem accurate enough (gives standard front, middle and back but not to pin), allows for score keeping, shot tracking, and provides a little summary all for free.  The paid version gives more analysis and connects to smart watches but I dont pay and I dont have a smart watch.  

A lot of downloads and a good rating are the reasons why I use this app.  Thinking of buying a range finder though for more accurate numbers.

On the course I use Arccos.  It’s amazing. I can put my finger on any spot and get yardage to and left to the hole.  It gives me slope and wind yardages also. I can move pin to anywhere in the green. Give me real-time data of how far I hit each club (must have sensors).  At end of round it give me stats like Fairways, saves, GIR, miss percentages number of putts and keeps track of all rounds to show my trends. GPS  is extremely accurate and guys whom use lasers are usually within a yard of my app. 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

Im a big fan of 18Birdies because its just a nice, simple, free GPS and scorecard app.  Ive tried a bunch of other ones but I always seem to come back to 18Birdies.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I use an off the radar app on the course. It’s called free golf tracker. It gives great stats on the website that accompanies it. The app give yardages, but that are user marked ( I look to see if it has already been done before I go play a new course, if not I do it myself). Has a map feature so you can touch to get yardages to a spot. I had arccos but felt like I had to babysit it all the time so I sold it. To follow the tours I just go to the website.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I use GolfShot on the course for GPS and score tracking. It's a pretty good app. I paid for it quite a few years ago and guess I was grandfathered in to their "best" features.

I use the PGATour app for tourney tracking and NBCGold to watch tourneys when they are on there. 

:cobra-small: RADSPEED Driver 9* HZRD BLUE SMOKE 6.0 shaft

:ping-small: G425 MAX 3 wood 

:srixon-small: 5 wood

:titelist-small: H1 Hybrid

I flip between V1 Golf and Huddle Technique as I like to use them both to record my swing on the range or in the backyard. Bought a phone clip that attaches to an alignment stick and can record my swing very easily without a second person having to man the cam. You can draw on the video to playback and see what you need to work on. I’d highly recommend both of them 

On 5/18/2020 at 4:22 AM, YKodvavi said:

Hi Members,

Lets use this forum to discuss your favorite golf apps to use:

• On the course
  • For Practice
  • Track the tour
  • Others

I lets see what y'all like, what y'all don't like, what are some things y'all wish your favorite apps had and lets find the best app to use.

Excited to see the responses!! 

I am a fan of 18 Birdies, though since getting Arccos, I don't really use it anymore. There are a few new features (like the swing analysis) that might cause me to try again... I've also used Galf a couple of times to organize little mini-tournaments, which is fun.

On the complete opposite side of things, I also like to play completely tech free sometimes. This includes not even looking at yardages, just playing completely by feel. I use the 150 stakes as my only frame of reference and try to just enjoy the game for what it is. Not great for posting to GHIN, though 🙂

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

On 5/18/2020 at 6:33 AM, B.D. Scott said:

Golf apps for course I use 18 Birdies great app. Golf logic has a green reading options that's pretty handy. I use the PGA tour app to follow all golf 

I'm a big fan of 18birdies also, and the newest update added AI swing analysis and streamlined the user interface during a round. Top notch, especially since it's free. 

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap

I've been using the grint. Going to check out 18 birdies as that has been mentioned numerous times. Thanks for the tip. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

I use SwingU. They have a paid version and free. I always get it when it's 50% off when they have sales throughout the year.

You can track FIR, GIR, left/right/fat/thin tee shots, putts, sand saves, and penalties. It gives you basic distance GPS features for free (distance to the pin and wind)

With the paid it gives you distance to the front, middle, and back of the green along with slope/distance approximate for the wind. and you can have recommended clubs when you put in your distances and you can track each shot but it's a pain in the butt to wait for the GPS to sync up.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

How good are the betting/gambling games?

does the phone sync with other players in the game if they also have the app?

For users of the Free version how many games are included? I'm not interested in paying a monthly fee.

EDIT: Never mind. I guess it's not available for android. Couldn't find it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I have been using the Grint for a while, but liked it a lot more when I first started using it. I love the GPS on the app. I just recently got Arccos sensors and love the app with them. It gives me the wind and elevation of the green and what the pin is playing like with those factors taken in.

Driver:  :taylormade-small: 2016 9.5º M2 w/ Diamana Kai'li 70X

3W: :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Fujikura Motore F1 7X

3H: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 20º Pro w/ Aldila Tour Green 85S

DI: :nike-small: Vapor Fly Pro 2 iron with Fujikura Pro 95S

4i: :srixon-small: ZX 4 utility w/ recoil 95S

Irons:  :srixon-small: ZX7 5-P w/ PX LZ 6.0

Wedges:  :vokey-small: Raw SM7 52.08 F bent to 50º, :cleveland-small: 54º Mid bent to 55, 58º Mid bent to 60 w/ DG TI Spinner

Putter:   Compass Golf Co Custom Face Balanced Blade

Ball:  :taylormade-small: TP5X

On 5/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, T2Grn said:

On the course I use Arccos.  It’s amazing. I can put my finger on any spot and get yardage to and left to the hole.  It gives me slope and wind yardages also. I can move pin to anywhere in the green. Give me real-time data of how far I hit each club (must have sensors).  At end of round it give me stats like Fairways, saves, GIR, miss percentages number of putts and keeps track of all rounds to show my trends. GPS  is extremely accurate and guys whom use lasers are usually within a yard of my app. 

I second Arccos! Lot's of valuable information to see the areas that you most need to improve. It even recommends a club selection after a certain number of rounds (although I don't always use what it recommends, it's nice because it basis the recommendation on your averages and tendencies). 

Driver: image.png.6d315d10311d9b38d0ca9cad952650b6.png M5 10.5 - Tensei CK Orange 60s
3W: image.png.6d315d10311d9b38d0ca9cad952650b6.png RBZ
5W: image.png.6d315d10311d9b38d0ca9cad952650b6.png SLDR
4-GW: image.png.9df0e471af2d5b9a0272d4536f1043b0.png JPX-EZ Forged - Dynamic Gold X100
Wedges: image.png.b244c1dbed7bae5489798af85f00ca52.png SM7 52 & 60
Putter: image.png.6d315d10311d9b38d0ca9cad952650b6.png TM110

image.png

I use the Grint, but mainly as a source for recording rounds for handicap purposes. While on the course, I prefer to use my Garmin G80 or my rangefinder depending on the situation. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 9* w/ Accra Tour Z RPG 462 M4+

3 Wood: :titelist-small:TSi2 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65

3 Hybrid: :ping-small: G425 19* w/ Alta CB 70

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB (4-6) / MMC (7-PW) w/ DG X100

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 54 S-grind / 58 M-grind w/ DG S300

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Rx V-line Fang 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 

I use Taylormade's MyRoundPro app to track my strokes gained. Overall it's a great app to track stats and how clubs are performing, with options to benchmark strokes gained on different handicap levels. Some issues are that inputting the rounds manually can take a long time (although I put that to me relying on memory for specific yardages and not using the GPS feature), the overlay isn't 100% accurate (so those tucked pins you might need to readjust your "lie" to be on the green since it thinks the pin is off the green), and inputting putts is a bit tedious since the zoom is limited (on Android, not sure about iOS). That being said, I really like the stats feature that lets you see how you stack up against the pros.

I've been using 18 birdies for two years. Pretty much ever since I started playing. Many of my playing partners have range finders, golf watches, etc. but without question every round we play one of them is asking me what the app says as far as how long it is to the end of the fairway, how long to carry the fairway bunker, etc. The club recommendation and compensation for weather and elevation is also pretty accurate as well!

I've got a few favorite apps at the moment. The first of which is V1 golf. Been using this for years now to record my swing. I get occasional lessons, and the app works great when I haven't seen the instructor in a while. I was in a funk for a few weeks and couldn't figure out why. One face-on recording of my swing and I realized I was started my downswing with too much of a sliding of the hips. I was getting hands stuck way behind me, hips all out of place, and far too much weight forward (and too early). 

I would recommend V1 golf app to anyone

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9*

Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3w & 5w

Irons: Ping i200 5i - PW

Wedges: Ping Glide Forged GW, RTX Zipcore 56* & 60*

Putter: Axis 1 Rose B

My favorite app for the longest time was Golflogix. It was free and allowed for a rangefinder on your phone... but it has been very, very buggy the past year or so. Even for the paid version it would not follow me around the course correctly. It would say I'm 999 yards from the hole that i'm on, and it would show my location somewhere very far away. 

Anyone else have any issues with Golf Logix?

Favorite on-course app right now is 18Birdies. Pretty obvious as to why as it's a free rangefinder. My handheld Golfbuddy isn't working right now so i'm sticking to 18birdies for yardages

Anyone have any recommendations for favorite handheld rangefinders? Current golfbuddy is broken and the apps on my phone are just keeping me afloat. 

As I said previously, I used Hole19 but I never really loved the app. After reading all the responses, I started using 18Bridies.
Has anyone ever used the side games in 18Bridies?

Sent from my GM1910 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Anyone have any recommendations for favorite handheld rangefinders? Current golfbuddy is broken and the apps on my phone are just keeping me afloat. 

Favorite rangefinder is Precision Pro NX 9. It quickly picks up the pin, fabulous customer service and a great price. They're a sponsor here and continuously run discount coupons. Send them a pm via MGS.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I've been using Golfpad since I lost my rangefinder 3 years ago. As a previous poster said that it only gives you front, middle and back yardages. However being an 8 or 9 handicapper I can not hit an exact yardage so I just subtract 7 yards from the middle yardage for a front pin location and add 7 yards for a back pin. All of our greens are about 35 yards from front to back. As for the features, I can keep score, keep track of fairways hit, Greens in regulation, up and downs, sand shots and total putts. All of that is for free. If you want to pay a fee then it will keep track of yardage for each club and strokes gain. The best part its easy to use and does not take a lot of time or effort to input your score.   

Driver :taylormade-small: Superfast Burner

3-wood :mizuno-small: ST180

5-wood :titelist-small: 910F

Hybrid :1332069271_TommyArmour: TA1 

Irons Maltby TE Forged 4 - GW

Wedge :titelist-small: SM6 58/06

Putter :taylormade-small: Monte Carlo Rossa AGSI

14 hours ago, rreeves35 said:

I use a Bushnell Pro X2 and my buddy has a Bushnell Tour v4, love using them both, they work amazingly well. The JOLT feature is great and tells you as soon as it locks onto the flag, the only time I have maybe faced some issues with it is when the flag is tucked in a dark corner of the green or the flag is surrounded by trees in the background, besides that it works great. 

I've been using GolfShot for years... and recently just went back to it until my Shotscope V3 arrives!

One feature I really want to try is the Augmented Reality, but I only have the free version without it. It suffices if you only need distances, hole fly-over and basic stats (GIR, scrambling, putts, fairways hit)

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT