TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bennington Quiet 14 Lite - Euro

Firebird

Hi guys,

My old Birdies and Eagles bag was starting to fall apart which I have to admit was a little disappointing being that it is only 25+ years old 😂.

So I started doing research to find a new bag. A member has a Wilson i-Lock (Founders Club Premium 14) that I really liked as it locks the individual clubs in position which I like as  my clubs are black so since new they have had covers as I thought them knocking together could mark the coating.

After much research I realised that every bag I was looking at was designed to go on a Cart where I walk 99.9% and have a buggy. What this means is the the Putter tube is at the top of the bag and the drivers are at bottom. This left me with a limited number of bags that had external putter tubes which would then allow you to put the woods at the top and the irons below. The reason that this is the better solution is that it is much easier to remove the clubs with out interference.

Then I came across the Bennington Bags but again alas they were set up for a Cart. However in one of the photos something looked different. I initially thought that the image had been posted incorrectly but then when i looked on the local Aussie Suppliers site and the top of the bag looked like it had been rotated 180 degrees. So naturally I contacted them and said what the xxxx. I was then told that they were Euro Spec Bags that were designed to go on a Buggy. Wooo Hooo, I had found my bag. Even better I was told that they had Factory Seconds in Stock for $169.00 AUD. Of course I asked what was wrong with them and was told that during manufacturing the zippers for waterproof bag had been used on the front pockets - who cares! So I promptly bought one and the Weather Jacket was thrown in for an additional $20 (usually $129). This combination in the wet is truly amazing as the zips on the jacket are virtually the same as the ones on the bag. Only limitation is that you need to put the jacket on before you put the bag on the buggy. 

One thing you will notice is that the bag is allot taller +150mm.

Bennington - Quiet Organizer 14 Hole Premium Waterproof Cartbag ...

Bennington Weather Jacket Black | GolfBox

One small negative is that you cannot have your head covers on your drivers or hybrids but as the clubs do not touch it is not really a problem. The other is that the rain hood or cover is a pain to get on.

The only real downside is that it did not come with an insulated pocket. However this was simple to fix, I bought a insulated 2 bottle Wine Cooler and cut it to fit in the pocket. Works brilliantly.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001