Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cobra Speedzone Xtreme

Eagleputt2008

The golf gear junkie in me is wondering what folks think of the Cobra Speedzone Xtreme driver. Would love to hear some launch monitor numbers or some on course observations. I’ve heard it’s a forgiving head but wondering how spinny it is? I know swing and shaft are huge contributors to this but just want to hear more about it! Currently gaming the 410 plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it spun more than sim max, which I see you are selling.  It is also a lot louder than last years f9.    For me the sound alone was a dealbreaker.   Compared to my sim max d,  I hit speedzone extreme higher and more spin.    

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

Back in January I had a proper driving fitting and tested a number of models.  I was replacing an old Cobra AMP driver so not too comparable.  The best according to the numbers was the Cobra Speedzone Extreme.  We chose the UST Helium F3 shaft.  I was able to go onto Trackman at my club before the lockdown and I just pulled up a session report.  Average distance of 213, avg. club head speed of 85, and spin averaged 2381. 

Off to the course and I have been playing as our courses were never closed, just our indoor facility.  I use Shot Scope to track all of my data.  So my feel is backed up by real data.  The club for me is a long fairway finder that masks the bad shots.  This year my P average distance is 224.  P average takes out the really bad shots.  But what is interesting with this club is that my really bad still go a decent distance.  Sometimes I have a bad hit off the toe or heel and it still goes long. Accuracy, before Speedzone was 45% fairway and about the same % left vs. right.  This year the average fairway hit is 52%, 32% left and 15% right.  My mishit is a pull.  Seems I have significantly reduced the slice with this club.   Just seems to go straight.

Also, I have already hit two shots that beat my prior distance record.  Hit 264 yards and 262.  When you hit it on the sweet spot it goes long and straight.

As far as the sound of the club it is a little louder than some of the others tested.  But the sound gives good feedback so you can tell the quality of the shot.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for posting this feedback of the driver. I currently game a TM M5 Tour that I cannot hit well. Went through TrueGolfFit and this was what they recommended. Very curious to test this at a local shop once they open up again.

Back in January I had a proper driving fitting and tested a number of models.  I was replacing an old Cobra AMP driver so not too comparable.  The best according to the numbers was the Cobra Speedzone Extreme.  We chose the UST Helium F3 shaft.  I was able to go onto Trackman at my club before the lockdown and I just pulled up a session report.  Average distance of 213, avg. club head speed of 85, and spin averaged 2381. 
Off to the course and I have been playing as our courses were never closed, just our indoor facility.  I use Shot Scope to track all of my data.  So my feel is backed up by real data.  The club for me is a long fairway finder that masks the bad shots.  This year my P average distance is 224.  P average takes out the really bad shots.  But what is interesting with this club is that my really bad still go a decent distance.  Sometimes I have a bad hit off the toe or heel and it still goes long. Accuracy, before Speedzone was 45% fairway and about the same % left vs. right.  This year the average fairway hit is 52%, 32% left and 15% right.  My mishit is a pull.  Seems I have significantly reduced the slice with this club.   Just seems to go straight.
Also, I have already hit two shots that beat my prior distance record.  Hit 264 yards and 262.  When you hit it on the sweet spot it goes long and straight.
As far as the sound of the club it is a little louder than some of the others tested.  But the sound gives good feedback so you can tell the quality of the shot.
Hope that helps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app