TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Post Your Scorecard Thread

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

I figure we'd done enough hijacking if GolfSpy Dave's Project Pebble Beach thread, so I though I'd start a thread for everyone to post their score cards, and then brag about what went right, or cry about what went wrong.

Here's the first of what will be many of my cards. I'm going to try and do a better job tracking all of my stats next time. This is from my 9 hole match play league on Tuesday. Failure to hit fairways, and a horrendous short game did me in.

62.PNG

1. Against a tree, into the rough, golf shot, putt, putt.
  2. rough, rough, green, 3xputt
  3. Short, chip (still short), chip again (on but not close), 2xputt
  4. rough, bunker,on, 2xputt
  5. golf shot to within 6, putt
  6. wide right, OB, drop, duff, OB, drop, duff (lost ball), cry for my mommy (ESC 8)
  7. wide left, 2nd OB, drop, short, pitch, putt, putt
  8. wide left, tree branch (into a bush), back to the rough, short, pitch, putt, putt
  9. Very short, long and right, chip, chip, putt, putt

Didn't even go in for a beer after the round. Went to bed disgusted, woke up disgusted, still kind of disgusted.. League night tonight, can't see how it could be much worse.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Do you see the Delete this Round button? :D j/k

Does your app have something to track the details (tree, rough, etc) or you just do it by memory?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• SPY VIP

Do you see the Delete this Round button? :D j/k

Does your app have something to track the details (tree, rough, etc) or you just do it by memory?

I'm using GolfLogix on the iPhone, and as far as I know, beyond which way you missed off the tee, it doesn't track things like rough, trees, or houses (hit one of those too on a provisional I didn't need to hit). At least until the next round erases it, I have a near photographic memory for a round of golf. And unfortunately, Tuesday's round was particularly memorable.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

I see... I use Golfshot GPS which only stores fairway hits, GIR, bunker saves and putts. So I guess I'll have to remember all the trees, cows, houses, carts, players I hit :)

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

I can't post my scorecard, but I can post my stats for the year so far. You think I need to work on my driving and putting? LOL

Quick Stats (Last 20 Rounds)

Avg 18: 77.67

Avg 9: 36.33

Par 3 Avg: 3.46

Par 4 Avg: 4.29

Par 5 Avg: 5.36

DIF: 53.3%

GIR: 64.2%

Scramble: 65.63%

Putts/18: 36.67

Scoring Avg: 77.11

I'll have to join in on the fun after Saturday's round. Hopefully my Golfcard app can keep up.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I have 1 more I'll post soon.

post-467-005241000 1306719059.png

post-467-086300700 1306719071.png

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Front nine from yesterday.

Screen shot 2011-06-09 at 9.01.53 PM.png

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Back 9.

Screen shot 2011-06-09 at 9.06.30 PM.png

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

• SPY VIP

Think you guys are going to enjoy this one as it pretty much exemplifies how I play golf. I can't decide if it's the best 9 holes of bad golf I've ever played or the worst 9 of good golf. Some days man...some days...

69.PNG

1. Snap hook into the woods, lateral to the fairway, pulled into left rough, tried to play a low 9 under a branch - hit it (rolled behind me), tried to play a PW over the branch - hit it (out to the fairway), pin high left, duffed a chip, chipped on, 2xputt for a 10 - all without a lost ball or penalty stroke.
  2. Big drive to right rough, pulled into green side bunker, out to fringe, chip, 2x putt
  3. well short, over, chip on, putt, putt, putt again
  4. OB right, wrong club (Way over, bounced on the road twice - ob), shorter club just off, chip, putt
  5. just off, chip, putt, putt
  6. good drive just through the FW, golf shot to 100, 64 degree to 15 feet, putt, putt
  7. big drive, golf shot, putt, putt
  8. big drive, hooked 7 into the woods (lost ball), drop and hit golf shot to within 4 feet, missed the par putt
  9. 3H to 140, gap wedge to 15 feet, putt, putt

Card looks better than it felt, 3 pars (good), 3 bogeys (not bad), 3 double-pars (I just threw up in my mouth). Seriously...WTF?

• SPY VIP

Not sure if this will show up after click the link, but my best score of the spring so far:

John's best Round

And with 4 penalty strokes t'boot. Not bad at all. I'm also really liking the looks of what comes out of golfshot. GolfLogix is a nice little app, but the website needs some work.

After posting my season stats in this thread and seeing the ugly fairways hit (53.3%) and putting (36.67/round) numbers, I decided to make some changes. I cut 2.5" off my driver to make it 43.5" and I added 3.5" to my putter to make it 34.5", as well as adding a jumbo grip. I'm playing tomorrow, so I will post results to see if it made a difference.

Usually iron game is what saves me... totally screwed me over today

Same for putting... normally 30-34 putts per round, but the greens were so fast I just didn't get the hang of it

And usually my hooks/slices off the tee are what kill me and they worked out pretty good today

This is the second time I play this course :)

score.jpg

Alright, what's a good free thing I can use to create and upload my scorecard. I can't upload from Golfcard, at least not that I can figure out. Hell, I can't even get it from my phone to the PC.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

The non-GPS version of golfshot is free.

right, but then how do you upload them to here???

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

I've been doing screen captures from the website, not sure how the others have done it.

I've been doing screen captures from the website, not sure how the others have done it.

Mine is a $30 application, but to put it on the internet I just used Webs, which is free internet hosting.

Same for me!

1. Track your score on the phone

2. Save the round

3. Sync with your phone with your account

4. Log into your account on a PC

5. Select the round/scorecard

6. Take a screen shot

7. Profit

Alternatively, with Golfshot you can share with your friends on Facebook or Twitter

I got it, I think... Let's see if this works. Feast or Famine round here, don't laugh too hard. Most of the clubbing is wrong, I didn't hit that many drivers, just didn't note what club on my paper scorecard, same with par 3's (cause I just DL this app and input data)

scorecardcallahan.png

All I can say is I putted well and struck my irons well. If I were playing smart, I'd have hit hybrid off the tee all day long.

In The Bag

here we go...

oakway.jpg

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

those of you shooting under 80 are not allowed here :D

hackers only!

those of you shooting under 80 are not allowed here :D

hackers only!

LOL.. I kill it on a 3500 yard par 61 golf course.... If I can't break 80 there, I quit.

I played horrible yesterday. I wasn't putting that bad, I just kept leaving myself 40-50 footers all day long. The course had some flood damage, so they reversed the 9's (started on 10) to cut down on the traffic on the front 9, that was the most damaged. Number 10 is one of the toughest holes in the city, it's long and straight, but has rolling mounds, thick rough, with a tiny green guarded by a bunker in the front and a 15' drop off in the back; not the hole you want to start on. Anyway, as you can see, I started off cold as ice on 10-18 and picked it up a bit on 1-9. 12 pars and 6 "others" for an 83; pathetic.

Round.JPG

I played horrible yesterday. I wasn't putting that bad, I just kept leaving myself 40-50 footers all day long.

I hate those days. I'll have rounds where I hit almost every fairway, most greens, but not make anything all day because I'm just too far away. In fact, here's one: http://jamo1358.webs.com/rounds/20110603-p37.html

I hit every single fairway, and 16 greens, yet I was still +2 because I didn't get up and down on the only two greens I missed and I didn't make a single birdie putt (no three-putts though). I had a bunch in the 15-20 range, but I also had way too many in the 40-60 range. It's a crazy game sometimes.

I hate those days. I'll have rounds where I hit almost every fairway, most greens, but not make anything all day because I'm just too far away.

It was ridiculous even when I hit a good shot, I got screwed. When I get inside 50yds, I hit that low 2 hop and stop SW and I'm almost always within 6'. Yesterday I had three of those shots hit sprinkler heads and run through the back of the green. Who hits 3 sprinkler heads in a round? I had another shot that should have left me inside of 15' feet for eagle and some jackwagon left a rake between the bunker and green, which I hit and it kicked my ball back into the bunker. That being said, it was only 4 of 18 holes, the rest I just put myself in poor positions off the tee.

I'm really struggling with the driver right now, so I was working on it yesterday. Normally at this course, I hit hybrids and 4Is off every tee, because it's tight. I could have easily shaved 10 strokes off yesterday, just by keeping it in the fairway.

Archived